PatchScript for FireGL 8.293

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by huangyanhao, Oct 8, 2006.

1. DeepRED

DeepRED Member Guru

GPU:
    His HD3870 Turbo @ V7700
    I think it's a comon issue. Quite a few people running dual screen setups with their
    modded cards reported the same type of problems.

2. Visor66

Visor66 New Member

hey jimansky,

I do have problems when using dual screen setup! I posted this a few weeks ago: (sorry, Copy/Paste, Im just lazy here)

Hey guys,

I managed to mod my x1900x on the MacPro to a FireGL V7300. Everything works fine in Maya, I get a lot better performance then before. I can use the HighQualityRendering in the viewport, I dont get any nasty NURBS redraw issues, everything is fine. But just as long as I use one monitor. As soon as I switch to a dual monitor setup, I cant see my selection drawing (the selection box) anymore. This is just stupid when you dont see what you select. So I have to make some decisions, either switch the second monitor off, or use it as before.....

Now I wanted to know if everyone here ran into the same kind of problem? I know there are still issues even with the FireGL drivers and Maya, but still maybe there is a solution for this!?

I still have this problem. Its not to much of a problem. I can live with it at the moment. As long as Maya runs better, and it totaly does!

But actually I dont get a destroyed UI. Just the problem I described above. I also dont know, when I install the driver, which FireGL Model to choose. the 7350, or 7300.... I just picked the 7300, maybe there are less problems with others?

somebody? somebody??

Greetz Visor

3. mushroomgod

mushroomgod New Member

Visor66, Quick question from somone who also has a macpro but cant get it working...

See my image in my last post, when you view the same propertys on your mac does it say the same thing (ie the red bits)?

4. brendanh

brendanh Member

Hey guys

First off, thanks huangyanhao, you rule!!!

Dunno about the 2nd displays, my x1900xtx blue screened windows when I tried to install it as a secondary driver, but didn't investigate further as I only have 1 monitor.

Anyone else having problems with this mod, this is the way I got it working:
    1. Uninstall all ATI software from the PC using ATI's uninstall util (install their catalyst software first if you haven't got the uninstall util) then reboot.
    2. Disable the secondary (not the VGA compatible one) adapter.
    3. Download and unpack the latest FireGL driver.
    4. Mod the .sy_ file of the FireGL driver using huangyanhao's sweet script (I used the 2nd one for the x1xxx cards - doesn't matter that you don't get a choice of cards), you can select to mod .sy_ files from the drop down file type menu when you run it.
    5. Install the modded FireGL driver manually from device manager, then reboot.

I've found that uninstalling all ATI software from the PC is important, otherwise you can install the modded V7350 driver (or v7300 guess it makes no difference although I haven't tried it, despite only having a 512MB card) and it appears to be working but you don't get the increased OpenGL performance.

I do not use my PC for workstation applications and only attempted this mod because of my x1900XTX's incredibly poor OpenGL performance in our in house *GAME* engine (no better than a 9800pro/FX5800u, 4x slower than a 7800GTX). I was amazed to find that this driver actually increases performance by 3.6x!!!

To be honest I find the obviously crippled OpenGL performance of the consumer ATI drivers absolutely scandalous.

5. Visor66

Visor66 New Member

@mushroomgod: no, it doesnt say the same thing! For me, it only says FireGL 7300 everywhere...so, no! As brendanh said, maybe you should uninstall all the drivers and make a clean reinstall!

@brendanh: Thanks for your info. I havent tried to uninstall the catalyst drivers before install the FireGL ones! But still, everything works fine with one monitor. Got some issues when using the second one as well. Thats ok, its not too much of a hassle. But you are so right, the OpenGL performance of the comsumer drivers are just poor! All the people say, dont get a ATI card when you want to make some serious 3D stuff! I never really believed them, but now, after comparing the two drivers......before the FireGL drivers, in Maya I was only able to display around 800.000 Polys in realtime. Now, I can have up to 5 Million polys and its still usable (20fps). I dont know if this is still not much, maybe, but for me its more then enough. Its strange, that in some other programs, I cant display that much polys....hmmm. So yeah, drivers make a big difference, thats what I learned. I just hope that they will develop better drivers in the future. Otherwise we should all get Nvidia cards.

Visor

6. mushroomgod

mushroomgod New Member

ok chaps...I got it working..

It turns out that removing the old drivers helped to a point (with my mac atleast)...once I removed them, it installed the FireGl drivers no problem, but kept on crashing/bluescreen. Anyway, it turns out that the problem was that I was using a 3gb switch to make xp32 use all the 3gb in my pc..once I removed this it installed perfectly, and no crashes.

3dsmax is now x3 faster :)

7. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    It's a good idea to be careful with those BOOT.INI switches.
    /PAE and /3GB switches can be very troublesome with some applications.

8. jimanski

jimanski New Member

Hi all,

i have a small update regarding the dualscreen setup.

Now i can use a dual screen solution and maya still perfomes fine.
    But i did not connect two identical TFTs to the sofmoded X1900
    My primary display still ist the 21" formac thing the second device is a smaller (17") samsung TFT. Well better then nothing.

Both monitors are connected on the their dvi ports.

I donĀ“t know, why this config works, the other not.
    Perhaps someone else can verify this behaviour.

Cheers
    JIMAnski

9. Visor66

Visor66 New Member

hey jimanski,

thats strange and good at the same time, thats its working for you now! I do have the same setup, 21" Eizo as main, and 17" as second monitor! I dont know about you, but for me, I still have some issues: When I use both monitors and the standard ATI "Maya-Configuration", then everything works fine, EXCEPT, in Maya I cant see what I select, the selection box is missing! When I go to the ATI "Maya-Configuration" settings, and turn of the first setting, the 8-bit bla bla (its in german here, so I dont know what its called in english...) THEN, I can see my selection again, BUT, I have some redraw issues when using NURBS and PaintEffects. With both settings, speed is much better. I do want to see what I select, but I dont model with NURBS alot, so I choose option two...! Or I could just use one monitor, set the 8-bit bla bla back again and everything works perfectly.

so jimanski? Can you have a look, if you have the same kind of problem? I havent installed any monitor drivers, it says plug n play monitor. Maybe I should do this!?!?

Visor

10. jimanski

jimanski New Member

hi Visor66,

ok i verified the problems. The same selection thing is present on my system.
    I can use dual screen setup with two different TFTs neary without probs, exept the hidden selection box. with the 8 bit trallalla checked.

I can not verify the nurbs redraw issues. I hardly use Nurbs, so it is not really important to me. I made only a few paintFX tests. The thing i found is a redraw error of the brush size cursor. The overall performance of the paintfy is fine.

But using the paintFX window '8' the redraw performace of the window is like photoshop 3.0 on an amiga, running a MacOS emulator! Horrible. But i can live with that.

All this probs are nothing unlike the dualscreen setup with two identical formacs displays. this was the main issue for me.
    2 formac displays mean: no openGL performace at all, about 0.5 frames/sec!
    And a totally destroyed 3D View full with redraw errors.

So i can live with the nurbs and paintfx bugs. The performane gain compared to the unmoded version is worth the small woes.

But to install monitor driver? Could this be a solution?
    I'll try this this weekend.

Thanks & Cheers
    JIManski

11. Visor66

Visor66 New Member

hey jimanski,

let me know if installing a monitor driver makes a difference. Whish you best luck!

Cheers, Visor

12. ticica

ticica New Member

Solidworks 2007 RealView still not working

Has anyone got RealView to work with 293 drivers? I get to click on the 'golden ball' button but nothing really happens...
    I have x1300 and use SW2007 SP1. Patching seemed to work just fine. Which other program can I use to see whether the patching actually worked?

Thanks...

13. ticica

ticica New Member

Realview works

I had to assign a material to my models for the RealView to kick in...

14. hengehog

hengehog Member

GPU:
    quadro 4000
    Left Behind

I looked at SoftFireGL some time ago & purchased a 9800 based card which I modded to FireGLX2 using FreeFireGL under Win2K.
    I am now running XP64 & would like to use the soft fireGL scripts.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of method for installing onto XP64?
    I also seem to be having problems getting a FireGL driver for X2 for XP64. They only seem to have drivers for X3-256 & later.
    Anyone got any ideas if later drivers would work also?

Hope everyone had a good Christmas & New Year & hopefully hear from you soon.

Russ

15. samov

samov Master Guru

GPU:
    mobility x1600 256
    there is NO patchscript for ... X64, 8.323 for XP32 and vista respectively

16. eph

eph New Member

Please help

I have a Mobility 9600, on WinXP. Others have softmodded this card successfully..

I used the SoftFireGL for R4XX and R3XX with FireGL drivers 8.293, and changed CX_36758.inf to
    Those values used to be 4154 and 4174, but RT reported my card as 4e50.
    I also added my resolution (1680x1050@60Hz).

After installing and rebooting, WinXP boots up, sound and everything but with a black screen and unreadable flashes every second or so :( I had to roll back the driver.

Anybody knows how to get this working? Is this script not compatible with my M9600?

Help appreciated :)
    -eph

Update: Could this be the solution? Let me check it out..!
    Unfortunately, there is no ati2mtag information for the M10GL :(
    This site reports no difference whatsoever with the T2-64 (RV350GL), why doesnt above script work then???

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  17. Marvel1964

Marvel1964 Member

GPU:
    XFX 6800 Ultra
    huangyanhao can you help me?

Excuse me, but I would only know if there are any possibilities to modify X850PE (R480) into FireGL V7200 (R480GL version).
    I know that I can utilize your script in order to modify this card into V7100 (R423GL), but I hope that it's possible also more...
    Thanks in advance;)

18. sigis

sigis Member

GPU:
    1950XT
    anyone can help me to mod with PatchScript x1950xtx to fireGl 7350? i was looking here for some details but no progress .i tried the script, it seems to accept but something does not work still getting my x1950xtx .any help is appreciated .
    thanks in advance

19. stricjux

stricjux New Member

I'm trying to do the same thing... I've modded a 1900XT to 7300GL. I have the same output in display settings (Chiptype = 1900XT, adapter string = 7300). 3D Max performance stayed the same.

I guess 3ds max would preform better if I installed the "ATI 3dsmax/viz GL" driver pack you can download from ati, but the drivers for 3dsmax fail to install saying I don't have the supported hardware it needs.

Any ideas guys? Or should I scrap the idea of actually making it work?

20. wayne12

wayne12 New Member

script radeon 9600se 128 bit

Could someone please tell me where to find a rivatuner script for a radeon 9600se 128bit. as ive looked everywhere. thanks again