Asus Ai Booster

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Palerider, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Hi ya. I'm currently using AI BOOSTER to overclock.what i'd like to do is stop what it's doing and make the same adjustments from in the bios. the problem is i don't know exactly what it does, and cant find a satisfactory answer on the web.i don't know if it pushes the fsb,adds voltage,or what. i just trust it to do its thing.anyway, i would feel better if i was in more control, and i think i could squeeze more out of this rig. anyone have this mobo,or some idea? i have read the sticky,and want to go by that, but first i want to know what I'm already doing.One last ?-being from the school of if its not broke don't fix it, i am not running current bios. do bios updates normally help overclockers? thanks,Pale-

2. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
  3. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    thanks for the info Maxfly, this helps. I really could use some of your bios tips too. I'm a recently converted MSI user,and the ASUS bios aren't as user friendly as i am used to.Pale

4. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    glad to help!
    i hear ya man.i went from asus to biostar<---that sucked.then back to asus.it was really nice to get back into a bios i understood lol.so i can relate for sure there.
    i disable everything under cpu config in the bios.fsb termination voltage 1.5.mch 1.55-65.i try to keep it low or the nb gets really friggin hot(active cooling makes a big difference if you need to up the voltage to stabilize your oc).ich leave at auto or 1.05(doesnt help ocing at all).then the general ones pci clock at 33.33.pcie freq at 100-120(i leave mine at 100 unless im benching,doesnt make much difference tbh).set mem voltage and timings.i have the subtimings at auto for now<---i hate tweaking them.i believe thats about it.

5. mostwanted

mostwanted Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7600GT/6600GT XFX AGP
    well im not goin to start another thread fer this so i might as well ask this question here.....
    when i overclock the cpu to 2.80GHz, i load into windows i get an error sayin bios has returned an unreasonable cpu value....but when i stress i get no errors and i stressed fer abt 15-18hrs...I juz don get it why does the aibooster gimme such an error?!?!?!

6. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    its hard to say for sure.your best bet is to oc manually so you know what settings are being changed.

7. Xeon XT

Xeon XT Guest

GPU:
    Unlocked MSI N465GTX GE
    I used to use Ai Booster with my ASUS P4P800-SE when I first bought it and found that it was not the best way to get the most potential from my computer. I found that if you manually set the settings in your BIOS, I would get better performance as there are alot of other options you can change in there. But this required me to know what each part of the BIOS setting did. After playing around with the BIOS settings little by little, I found how each setting effected performance and ultimately found what the maximum potential of my computer really was. So when you have time, learn what each setting in your BIOS does, I think the ASUS (well mine anyways) isn't very hard to figure out. So when you get spare time I'd recommend learning and using the BIOS to overclock, I've never used Ai Booster again after learning the BIOS.

Goodluck.

8. mostwanted

mostwanted Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7600GT/6600GT XFX AGP
    I am using manual.....

9. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    if your ocing from the bios then aibooster wont have any effect.what vcore are you running and mem voltage?what kind od timings are you running as well?

10. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    OK, I've done all of the above word for word.setting cpu frequency at 335(ai booster lets me as 30% OC. ) i am getting this error when i reboot "over clock or over voltage failed" I've played with the numbers, but can't escape the error. I am missing something here,but don't know what..any ideas? if it helps,i did decide to flash to bios 1707.Should i be adjusting my memory from stock speeds?

11. revzero

revzero Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX1080 FE
    Right if its failed at 335 fsb then its most likley a voltage problem or you have hit an fsb wall.

Either bumb up the voltages one notch or 2.

or

Make sure Speedstep is disabled... and all of the other crap which would link to overclocking such as Hyperpath 3, Enhanced C1 control etc.

If you have hit an FSB wall, make sure your ram is configued by SPD... found in the Advanced Chip Settings and also as above disabled Hyperpath 3

When you overclock, your ram frequency is also changed so make sure to change it to the frequency closest to the rams rated frequency. For example, mines rated at DDR2 800 but when i overclock, it has options to change it from: 570, 760, 950, 1013 etc. Therefore i would choose 760 as its closer to 800 that 950mhz.

Hope you understand.

12. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    configured by SPD , and disabled Hyperpath 3,keyed in 344 (3.1MHz) and it worked.good call,I had RAM set to manual because the timings were being seen as 5-4-4-15 so I manually set them to 4-4-4-12, as Corsair advertises them.A setting I wasn't sure about though, (so I didn't touch it) is Performance Mode- Auto- is this right? Guys I appreciate the help here.I never was into overclocking until this chip came along.Seeing the "extra" other people are getting was too much to pass up.:) Last question (for now), what about the memory issue? is it an issue at all? if the values change due to overclocking,ok, but if my system is being "cheated" with timings of 5-4-4-15, well, that's the kind of thing that will bug me.

13. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    definately run them at stock speeds,set manually.you should be golden.
    performance mode really doesnt do much but you can try changing it to see if you get anything from it.how are the temps looking so far?

14. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    That's the problem,I'm not sure what stock speeds are.Do you mean the advertised 4-4-4-12 , or what the motherboard reports 5-4-4-15 ? I read on another thread looser timings & higher frequency,so this is what I've been trying to stay with.I'm at 3.13 GHz so far with temps at 39c-42c.Jeez Maxfly, I'm dying to get an overclock like yours. What cooling are you using?

15. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    by stock timings i meant 4-4-4-12(stock mem).you should be able to run those up until you surpass 800mhz with it.even then you should still have some headroom b4 you need to loosen them.im using water.400x9 1.5 vcore.4-4-4-12,39-41c idle 50-51c load.if you can keep your temps down i see no reason why you shouldnt be able to hit close to that.if not more.once you get above 3.2 voltage increases become much more drastic in my experience.i had to go from stock voltage@3.2 all the way up to 1.5 to get stable at 3.6.so temps and voltage will be the deciding factors most likely.

16. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I am now running timings of 4-4-4-12 , cpu frequency @ 360, or 3.24 GHz. the vcore is at 1.5 -Everything is stable and temps are 39c-42c ,up to 43c using dvd shrink to stress the chip. I'd say so far so good.I'm planning only baby steps from here. Cooling with Thermaltake Blue Orb 2 and as5.Any thoughts?

17. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Also wanted to mention,for the benefit of AI Booster users who may have been attracted to this thread,this way of overclocking is much more stable.At 3.0 Ghz and raising voltage through the utility,I was getting a few errors,and my usb would randomly stop working.Through the bios is absolutely a better way of doing it.

18. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    yikes you sure you need 1.5 vcore for 3.2?thats awfullt high.do you lose stability if you go lower?

19. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    although dvd shrink is multi-threaded, it will not stress your cpu like orthos will..

20. robotman

robotman Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7970 1150/6400(R9280X)
    ai booster crap mine only oc by 10% that make my cpu run at 2.2 with manual i run at 2.6