The Sega Dreamcast Is Coming Back Abit

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by KNIFE, Jan 9, 2007.

1. KNIFE

KNIFE Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE X800 GTO2 16pipe
    Aparently theres been a recent revival in the dreamcast. And it appears to be correct a company will be selling new DC online and some companies are making games again for it such as IGN.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcast#Return_of_the_Dreamcast
    In the return of the dreamcast section.

What u guys think?

I personally still like it and am looking into overclocking it so the slugish games run better. i modded the side to allow more hot air out and plan on adding a heatsink and another fan but maybe after an attempt at the overclock. A friend of mine also has got quake 1 and 2 semi working and recent news is quake 1 is ported better now so will try again. We also have roms on disks like 1000 megadrive,snes games etc...

Sure this may not be anying big but i think its cool and might actually help sega abit. And aparently theres a sega bass fishing 2 (not marine fishing) and crazy taxi 2 which i never knew existed.

2. iamtheoneneo

iamtheoneneo Banned

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb @ 576/1700
    the dreamcast was cool, would love to get my hands no one again and mod the hell out of it.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    It would be great, the console really had no reason to die.

Ohh, check this.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    I have a dreamcast and love it. Plays CDR's stock, no mods needed lol.

5. KNIFE

KNIFE Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE X800 GTO2 16pipe
    I just ordered myself tokyo highway challenge 2 and dead or alive 2 :) some of the best looking games for a system of this spec.

Just found out that theres a virtual on 2 aswell and theres a december release of the enhanced quake on, managed to get an earlyer version working but artifacted suddenly in parts but its probly fixed now you can download it. It looked alot better than normal the person responsable for the project has done im gona be testing the new version soon its avalible for download but cant find it right now.

Oh and its sega who is selling them sory not some thrid party company only on the internet tho.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007