Gainward BLISS 7800 GS+ 512mb AGP Problems

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Colinski, Nov 26, 2006.

1. XpLoDiuM

XpLoDiuM Member

GPU:
    Gainward 7800GS+ 512 Bliss
    me here :( alternate.nl does not sell it eaither and neither do they list it :S.

DaMN!

2. lavine

lavine New Member

hello

I had the same problem and sent card back to gainward then I waited for 3 weeks..got new card and still have same thing only 20/7... not good...

3. XpLoDiuM

XpLoDiuM Member

GPU:
    Gainward 7800GS+ 512 Bliss
    WOW !!!

Nice job from gainward :S.

They just lost one more customer...

Heading back to XFX :D

OW YES!Gainward Just Removed The Bliss+ Edition Of Their Site!.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2007
  4. Denmat

Denmat Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560TI
    Same Problem here, contacted Gainward and alternate, i'll see what i get, i feel betrayed, ordered 24/8 card, getting 20/7!

Card runs fine but i think it can do more. The Performance is Awesome anyway. Gainward produced HQ products once, don't know what happend now!?
    Any informations about the problem that Gainward has with this card?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007

5. Raikku

Raikku Master Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 280
    It would be nice to know when that pipes-number changed from 24/8 to 20/7.

I bought my 7800gs+ last summer and it still have 24/8 pipes, i don't know when it's manufactured.

6. Denmat

Denmat Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560TI

Yeah that would really be nice, i read at an other forum that the 20/7pipe version was only for china, but i am not sure because gainward denies the known issue to get away from a recall action!

7. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    there was even 2 different types of the 24/8 card if i remember rightly , different memory speeds? Mine is the 1.4ns i think the very early ones were different.

would be nice of they just kept everything to a standard if only to keep their customers , even though i have the 24/8 i wont be trusting Gainward products again , i reckon alot of peeps will follw suit

8. Denmat

Denmat Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560TI

I don't trust in Gainward products anymore, few years ago i had a GeForce 2MX400 from Gainward, it ran like hell, at that time the gainward products were sweet, so i thought that it couldn't be a mistake to try them out again, so far so long i was fine with my card since i read the forums here, and found out that my card is only running with reduced pipes! man i swear i am angry as hell, if they afford me a 7800GS GLH i'll tell them that i want exactly what i paid for, a 24/8 piped 7800 GS + if gainward isn't doing that, i'll send it back to alternate and then i want my money back!

9. Ott0

Ott0 New Member

GPU:
    Gainward BLISS 7800 GS+ 512mb
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  10. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    It's in black and white, looks pretty serious to me. ¬_¬

Another NVIDIA Collectors Edition card it would seem.

11. Denmat

Denmat Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560TI
    The fastest High-End AGP graphics card has landed. Are you still in love with your AGP system but aching for a high performing graphics card, then we only have one thing to say to you; BLISS 7800GS 512MB Golden Sample+.

PS! Your computer will Love you when you install this card.

This product is no longer available.

This product is no longer available???? thats what the site says, i really feel uncomfortable about this!

12. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Well many places did have it listed there was only 1500 units made and if thats the case its only a matter of time before its all sold out!

13. spectra7045

spectra7045 New Member

GPU:
    Gainward 7800 GS+
    posted request on the gainward site on Friday that they send me a replacement card and I would then send them mine.
    Received the following rwsponse today

I am very sorry but we don't have any more this kind of cards, I mean with
    24PP.
    The best will by to return your card to and get your money back.

Not a lot of help really but given that it is probably still a faster card than the current options looks like I will stick with it and put it down to just my bad luck.
    Unless anyone has a better idea?

spectra7045

14. Denmat

Denmat Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560TI
    If they are not able to solve this problem we really should choose to send the cards back to our dealers, online or local, i mean i paid 340€ which is pretty much, if u don't live in germany it was something about 442,76 US Dollar
    and thats what makes me this angry and uncomfortable, such a bunch of money for a defective product! isn't that weird? isn't that making u other guys angry too? what about quality? it's gainward! this makes me so *censored* angry i could kick the gainward guys in their a$$! sorry for making my anger room!

15. spectra7045

spectra7045 New Member

GPU:
    Gainward 7800 GS+
    I sympathise with Denmats view but as I said earlier if you do get your money back could you buy a better card than the GS+ even with only 20 pipes bearing in mind it does have the G71 chip as opposed to the standard G70 in all other.

If I can get some assurances from Gainward that the can fix the problem and return the card in a reasonable time I may borrow or buy an old card and send mine back.
    However I am playing Half Life 2 and Fear at the very highest settings with no slowdown so could it get any better?
    I suppose ther is always a game round the corner that would benefit from the extra pipes but it would be good to see some real world benchmarks comparing the 20 and 24 pipe versions of the card.
    Perhaps someone with connections could get Guru3d or Sharkey or Toms Hardware to pick up the issues raised here.
    This I am sure would have more impact than each of us approaching Gainward on our own.

16. funkeycooldude

funkeycooldude Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  17. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    all of them dont , look back at the earlier screenshot posts mine is 24/8 as are many others , it seems the later ones are 20 pipes

18. funkeycooldude

funkeycooldude Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  19. Denmat

Denmat Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560TI
    i wouldn't replace it, well i don't, because, there is no alternative for me at this point, only thing i can do is switching to am2 and a pci-e graphics card!

20. Epipsychidion

Epipsychidion Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ 512Mb
    I wouldn't worry so much about upgrading your graphics card - I mean ultimately we're going to have to change to a DX10 compliant card in the near future correct? And we know that this will entail a total system rebuild (PCIe over AGP).

I am just in the process of upgrading my CPU and MoBo, which will be the final upgrade on this system. Should hopefully be able to see me out until the release of Gen 2 DX10 cards, and so that some of Vistas initial bugs can be sorted.