8.33 beta catalyst for vista 32 and 64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Kriechbaum, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Kriechbaum

Kriechbaum Active Member

GPU:
    GForce 8800 GTX SLI (Leadtek)
  2. Kanzleramt77

Kanzleramt77 Member

is this only for viesta `? or can i run it for Xp `to .

3. Kriechbaum

Kriechbaum Active Member

GPU:
    GForce 8800 GTX SLI (Leadtek)
    vista only

4. vesper8

vesper8 Member

GPU:
    MSI SLI 570 GTX/460 GTX
    ah! im so glad i checked here.. there's no mention of this on the ATI site in their drivers section

im downloading now and will install shortly after... i really hope the openGL and the tv-in/tv-out is fixed in this release!

here's to hoping!

5. timber03

timber03 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 9550XL 256
    Just installed Vista Ent., Installed Radeon 9550XL (256mb) and these new drivers but when I rebooted after successfull install (supposedly), I get 2 errors:

"MOM.Implentation failed"
    and
    "CCC.Implementation failed"

I then tried to launch Catalyst Control Center and I get another popup error:
    "CLI.Implementation failed"

anybody else have this problem? Anyone find a fix?

Thanks in advance!

--Tim

6. Daemon785

Daemon785 Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond HD 5870
    i cant get the ccc or avstream drivers to install. only the display one does. how do i force the install?

7. vesper8

vesper8 Member

GPU:
    MSI SLI 570 GTX/460 GTX
    @timber03 I got the same problems as you. I uninstalled the previous beta drivers before installing the new ones but maybe they weren't cleaned out completely. I'm gonna try uninstalling them again but this time I'll use the Driver Cleaner pro in safe mode to make sure it's all gone.

I also noticed that during the installation that the VIVO drivers failed to install

I wonder if this has anything to do with me not having an asus built ati card

8. vesper8

vesper8 Member

GPU:
    MSI SLI 570 GTX/460 GTX
    hrm... ok.. so I got it to all work.. but it wasn't a conventional install.. here's what I did.. though some of these steps can probably be skipped or done differently.

I first uninstalled all the components using the ati install manager. I then rebooted to safe mode and ran Driver Cleaner Pro and used it to remove all traces of all ATI products. I couldn't use the CAB cleaner tool since it isn't compatible with Vista yet.

I rebooted and installed the new beta drivers.. it only installed the CCC at this point.. giving me an error for both the display drivers and the avstream drivers.

I then rebooted, went into the device manager, updated the main graphics drivers and pointed it to the folder with the beta drivers.. and that got the display drivers to install.

I rebooted again and on the next startup windows greeted me with a window asking me to help it install the avstream drivers! cool i thought!

I had to point it to the folder with the WDM drivers and then it installed that and now all seems to work

however I am sad to notice that the openGL support still isn't in ;-(

9. NewB4Ever

NewB4Ever Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI xl1600

I'm getting the same message as well >.<

Also after installing, I went to system devices and it says my card is a Asus. This isn't true. It's the offical ati.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  10. vesper8

vesper8 Member

GPU:
    MSI SLI 570 GTX/460 GTX
    mine said asus as well.. but i still managed to fix the problem, read my post above and you should be able to fix it too

11. Daemon785

Daemon785 Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond HD 5870
    i checked the versions of the ccc of both this and the 8.31 release (i think thats the beta 2)> the ccc in beta 2 is newer. maybe i read it wrong, but it would explain why i would have this kinda problem. so i just installed 8.31 full install, then i just updated teh video drivers and installed the vivo audio codec. and all is well. it was the new ccc in the 8.33 release that is causing the problems, at least it was for me.

12. W!ldGunM@n

W!ldGunM@n New Member

GPU:
    2xSapphireRadeon X1950Pro Crossfire
    Is with the Catalyst 8.33 crossfire under vista possible or give it a another crossfire ready driver ?

thx w!ld

13. theonlybabyface

theonlybabyface Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 7900 XTX
    Crossfire works just fine in this driver set....

14. GoofyJC

GoofyJC New Member

Anybody get the TV Tuner to work?

15. Intelman

Intelman Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire 4870 512MB
    When I ran the installer for the first time, I got the WDM driver, but not the display driver, but when I uninstalled everything and ran it a second time, it didn't install it, it just failed. Anyone know why?

Oh and does overdrive work for anyone with these drivers?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007

16. W!ldGunM@n

W!ldGunM@n New Member

GPU:
    on Winows Vista ?

17. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    I see still no opengl. Oh well. Tomorrow my 8800GTs arrives so I will start playing with it on my XP machine.

18. theonlybabyface

theonlybabyface Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 7900 XTX
    Yes...I'm running Vista Ultimate. It is a Vista driver so what else would I be running it on??? :smile:

19. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    They used to have a free version called Home Edition(Aida32) but they stopped development on it in Dec. 2005,

20. W!ldGunM@n

W!ldGunM@n New Member

GPU:
    I mean CROSSFIRE under Vista