F.E.A.R the best game ever)))))

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by COOSTA, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    agreed

2. treed

treed Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 560 TI 2GB

Yeah I agree there. Don't get me wrong, I love FEAR but Condemned had a better atmosphere and was scarier.

3. BlueStinger

BlueStinger Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon X1950XT 256mb
    I'm talking single player game, seeing as theres no multi for Condemned.
    FEAR gets boring quickly, because every level apart from the spookily Condemned-alike apartment level near the end, looks the same. Condemned has far more variety.
    And it certainly can't match Condemned for scareyness:D

The combat in FEAR is very cool i must admit. Monolith are very talented imo:smile:

Check out these cool screenies and tell me it ain't a cool game:D hehe
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=2067401#post2067401

4. senior98

senior98 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 8800GT 512mb
    While i love fear, It gets boring after a couple of rounds. I think BF2 is a better overall game, Gameplay wise.

5. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    i tell you what... FEAR mp doesnt get boring thats for sure

if you dont believe we can settle this here > 84.13.16.249:27888 ;)

6. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i liked fears AI, pretty neat to watch them jump out a window or jump over a stair railing when you suprise them or toss a grenade. definitly most realistic ai i ever seen, although the storyline is stupid...period, the level design is quite boring and i have never been through an office building that felt like i was in a rat maze

condemned...well i didnt get it...your trying to solve a murder, yet every single zombie...*er i mean bum (must not be many jobs in that town) are trying to kill you and you have to kill them...so why not just blame the bums, thier apparantly murderes anyway, rap the case up and get some donuts??

7. k4t4n4

k4t4n4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    B
    Why make such bold statements as calling it the best game ever? There is no such thing.

8. j_blaze

j_blaze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900gt KO 512mb@700/800 SLI
    Best game ever?

There are so many games out that have so many features that work great in all of them. If you could put all those features in one, that would be the best game ever. FEAR is very playable and replayable, I've been through it 3 times and XP once so far. I never got bored with it, I think the environment sets this game apart, or did a year ago. When you have to wait for dust to settle before you can start blasting away again is pretty cool. Although in R6V you can use heat goggles and see through the smoke and take out the terrorists from behind cover, like that a lot.

9. p-nut

p-nut Guest

GPU:
    Diamond 5870
    Since i decided not to build a G80 pc since i would muuch rather spend it on paintballing/xbox 360. Im gonna upgrade to a 7900GS and 2 gigs of g.skill ram. Would i be able to max it out at 1200 x 1024? with 4x aa and soft shadows with playable frames or barely playable?

10. MrCompillitrate

MrCompillitrate Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080ti/960m
    I can't agree or disagree because i haven't played it YET.I'm getting an ATI 1800 but we had a blizzard and are about to have another so the mails all messed up. My favorite game atm is RS Vegas..I F*****G LOVE IT!!!! I really want FEAR though

11. Ghz

Ghz Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800ultra 256mb
    we're going to have another?.... damn

12. compunut

compunut Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7900GT SLI
    too good game
    really loved it and still do :eek:c:

13. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Yeah I like FEAR as well, but definitely not the best game ever... I've payed through it twice now, and while the combat is still very enjoyable, I wouldn't exactly call the SP 'replayable', and there's really nothing to it after you beat it once, aside from the pretty graphics and great battle sequences (I agree about the AI).

14. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    I thought F.E.A.R. was great when I first got it, then I just became bored with the repetition, repetition, repetition. I can't see any replay value in it at all.

As I've said before, it's simply a DirectX 9 showcase, nothing more.

If you're easily impressed with the flashy visuals and find that enough to warrant a game the title of best ever then so be it.

Wait 'til you've been playing it for a while, then see if you still think it's the best game ever.

15. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    My friend also loves this game. It was game of the year in 2005 so it has to be good. But best game ever is subjective.

I might try this game later although I do not like fps that much. Played it for 3 min looked intresting and they din't censor it. It was the first time I heard that word in a game :p.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006

16. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    It has to be, you're right. :rolleyes:

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Fear Combat (MP) is pretty good but definitely not best MP game. I would like to see sequel for C&C Renegade.

18. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Said the Quaker, :)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  19. Steven Hone

Steven Hone Paolo the Gun

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 3X OC
    I enjoyed PREY more than FEAR :)

20. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    You can't run AA and Soft Shadows at the same time, but I'd say.. no :) You will need a 8800 to run F.E.A.R. E.P. with softshadows :)