nVIDIA ForceWare 97.46 for Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HcoolP, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    Does anyone use driver cleaner pro before installing drivers, maybe if we do that it will help performance, at least we did it on XP

2. Johnboat

Johnboat New Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7900GT EXTREME
    I saw the most improvement with BF2. In Day of Defeat Source I went from 25 to 30 fps to about 35 to 50 fps, give or take.

3. Kriechbaum

Kriechbaum Active Member

GPU:
    GForce 8800 GTX SLI (Leadtek)
    works great for me ,just need best drivers !!!!!

[​IMG]

4. darippa

darippa New Member

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    go to "view and print details"

and for those scores they were from the final version (build 6000).
    [​IMG]
    ur score will become unrated when you upgrade the drivers. Gonna get the same score anyways so I didnt waste my time redoing it.

the dxdiag was from build 5308. Was just saying that DX10 was in Vista throughout the whole beta for the person who said it wasnt.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006

5. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070

Another guy with commas and not decimal points.Where you guys getting these versions?And if those scores are true then it proves why i havent seen a 6 score yet.

6. JacobKlein

JacobKlein Member

Windows Experience Index: An In-Depth Look

In regards to the WEI (Windows Experience Index), it seems to me that there is a lot of unnecessary confusion here. Research is the source of all knowledge, fellow enthusiasts!

Everyone complaining about "discriminate" or "random" scores for their WEI (Windows Experience Index) .......
    and anyone wanting to know HOW IT WORKS ......

should CAREFULLY read this ENTIRE ARTICLE of goodness:

Windows Experience Index: An In-Depth Look
    http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsvista/pages/458117.aspx

It goes into how each field is calculated, what the score limits are, and the reasons for using it. It talks about future limits as well.

7. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    heres mine
    [​IMG]

8. planetf1

planetf1 Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6600GT GS 128Mb DDR3
    Any x64 variant yet?

9. chaosblade

chaosblade Active Member

GPU:
    Albatron Trinity GeForce 6600GT AGP
    The commas\dots are due to localization, Probably. In some countries commas are used instead of dots.

10. Raksol

Raksol New Member

So far I´ve had nothing but bad experiences with the Nvidia drivers for Vista, _including_ this version...My FPS in for example World of Warcraft is down to like 15-25 (mostly) compared to around 70+ in Windows XP...

I´ve reinstalled several driver versions a few times but none of them works as i want. This version did support my screen's ultimate resolution though, 1680x1050...but still the same low FPS rate.
    Is there any driver cleaner or similar for Vista yet?
    And for your information im on a Athlon 2500+@3200+, 1024mb RAM and a Geforce 6800GT.

And btw...Using a Nforce 2 mobo >_>

Raksol signing out \o/

11. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850OC Windforce
    I get better FPS with these drivers than I do on XP...
    I am only playing Guild Wars though because CoD2 has issues with my Vista.

No overclocking, but great FPS

12. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, guildwars plays great on vista, but thats about the only game that does...

13. CoolaX365

CoolaX365 Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia 8600 GT
    DAMMIT! How come your 7800GT gets a 5.9 yet mine gets a 4.1 and struggles to run simple games. My drivers are updated and all... I don't understand this not one bit. am cry

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  14. kaioshade

kaioshade Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Has anyone had problems getting resolutions to save? i finally got 1440x900, but when i restart, the resolution is gone.

OK this is pissing me off royally. i install the 97.46 drivers and i still cannot get my resolution. how the bloody hell can i get that resolution.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  15. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070

You got something seriously wrong with your computer with a score like that.Even my old 5900xt got a higher score than that in 3dmark06.

16. CoolaX365

CoolaX365 Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia 8600 GT
    plz don say serious, i don't know much about pc's and that scares me! i just want to fix it for my brother and us girls arent good at this stuff and im worried now, can some1 plz help me im cry

17. Tempest_Prime

Tempest_Prime New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 7800GT 256MB
    I'm running Vista Ultimate (Build 6000) that is activated with Microsoft (I work for an MSDN partner). I upgraded to the 97.46 today and saw no change in the performance index, but I saw big framerate imrpovements in several games I play including EQ2 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. (Both were night and day gameplay experiences when compared to the previous driver... I think the 97.32, but I can't remember.)

Anyhow, my performance index's lowest score seems to come from my CPU... :)

Processor: 4.2
    Memory: 5.1
    Graphics: 5.9
    Gaming Graphics: 5.7
    Primary hard disk: 5.3

Another cool part is the return of color adjustments in the NVIDIA CP. My second monitor always shows up dark for some reason, so I end up needing to bump the gamma. One day I'll get a non-salvaged monitor instead of this one I slapped back together with bubble gum and toothpicks.

Anyhow, that's the report from sunny FL.

18. chaosblade

chaosblade Active Member

GPU:
    Albatron Trinity GeForce 6600GT AGP
    Pro Evolution Soccer 6 still lags a bit with this driver, While Guild wars, As said, Works great.

19. Swootech

Swootech Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7900GT OC
    How about running the NFS:Carbon demo on Vista?

I have been trying on Vista x64 with several drivers include 97.46, but it keeps crashing right after the intro :( I don't want to buy the full game if it doesn't work on Vista. Any of you guys made it work?

20. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    I dunno if this'll work on Vista x64, but it does on Vista x86...
    Do the following: Right click the Carbon shortcut, go to Compatibility, and select Windows 98/ME.
    That's just a walk around though, I hope that they'll release a patch when the Vista will be officially launched :)