Dell Computers

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by FrOz3nD, Dec 16, 2006.

1. FrOz3nD

FrOz3nD New Member

Hello,

I'm going to buy a laptop soon & it went down to

Computer A : Inspiron XPS M1210

&

Computer B : Inspiron 9400

Quick Review:

Computer A has 1 GB memory, 12.1 WXVGA TFT Display, 120 GB HD, 256 Nvidia - Geforce Go 7400 Turbocache, 1.83 Ghz Intel Duo 2 - 2MB L2 cache.

Computer B has 1 Gb memory, 17 WXVGA display, 120 GB HD, 256 ATI -X1400 Hypermemory card, 2.00 Ghz Intel Duo 2, 4MB L2 cache.

Now , which one is better ? and why ? also tell me how much better are you talking about (depending on your choosen one).

Almost forgot, I think most of you here know the game F.E.A.R.
    If you played it, then you'll know exactly what is the term graphic acceleration power means. which one of these will work with F.E.A.R full effect, or atleast between 80 - 90% quality.

If both are crap do you have a better suggestion ? Can anyone give me a better laptop with high-end preformance
    cause I might be spending for the 1st PC about $ 1360 or I might end up spending $ 1750 for the 2nd one. Please help me, I'm suffering badly from choices !!

PS: Please can someone give me the order of graphic cards in Nvidia & ATI from normal till extreme/outstanding preformance.

I wana know whats number 1 till number 10 in the list (#1 being the highest ofcourse).

2. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
  3. guruboy

guruboy Banned

GPU:
    ATI x850xtpe @ 594 / 1228 agp
    If your a gamer the problem is you can't upgrade notebooks
    You would need to buy a SLI type laptop ,, which is very costly
    But you would be set for a years to come.......

4. FrOz3nD

FrOz3nD New Member

Thanks ALOT ! Infested Nexus.

5. trapper_87

trapper_87 Guest

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 7970
    took a look at that chart, not sure if it was in order per class, but all I know is that my xpress 200m video card in my laptop runs at less speed than the one mentioned on that list and still runs better than other cards in the same class. It has some good info (such as the different classes) but dont take the order literaly.

6. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    If you need help deciding on which laptop, you came to the right person. Once I bought my Dell E1705 back in July of this year I had to learn so much about how laptop's work and so on {the fundamentals}.

If you are looking at a portable laptop then go with the E1505. You can configure the same thing as that XPS but it will cost a hell of a lot cheaper. If you are looking at a 'desktop replacement' go for the 9400/E1705. They offer the 7900GS and again cost a lot cheaper than the XPS 1710.

Mike.

7. FrOz3nD

FrOz3nD New Member

I'm reviewing my options mike.
    To be honest, I want something with a very good graphic card (Atleast one that supports FEAR in medium or high quality) & a laptop that lasts for atleast couple years before I have to throw it.

8. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    I would buy niether
    a 7400TC nor x1400 are really gaming chips.
    Look for 7600 or x1600 at the very least if you want to do any gaming.
    btw: http://www.powernotebooks.com

9. Infested Nexus

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
  10. FrOz3nD

FrOz3nD New Member

Heeeeelp !!!
    I still cant find me a laptop.
    Ok , I'll go for 7600 or x1600. I really need some help.

PS: Budget is $ 1750 Max.

11. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    I got my E1705 for about $1700 on Ebay. Though that was back in July.

Look for coupon deals and check Dell.com every Thursday (I guess that is when they have these special deals).

Mike.

12. Juggalo_X

Juggalo_X Member Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 7900GTX (SLI)
    Toshiba Tecra 3 year warranty no bull **** cant beat the features best money can by if your looking for a unit that will stand up to usage ands has a meta chassy and impact bracing technology and figure print technology.

13. FrOz3nD

FrOz3nD New Member

You must be sh***ing me mate ! Toshiba Tecra ??? :cops:
    Thats Bollacks ! I need something with preformace man.
    Thanks, but no will do.

14. Juggalo_X

Juggalo_X Member Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 7900GTX (SLI)
    lol get the right model and u will have performance and seriously if u go with dell i can say im not the only one who will say you purchased a piece of crap they r consumer grade they dont last and they r flimsy all flash and not quality no to mention if u want a warranty you have to pay extra oh how nice.

P.S. did i mention 90% of dells consumer market is old hardware? i had a customer come in and ask me to look at her brand new alienware laptop which didnt even have a duel core in it. it was laster years centrino but the model was advertised as the latest and greatest. dell ahs been playing this game for years i remember when the Pentium 4 cam out with ddr dell was still shipping them with sd ram what a performance crippler and yet every one thought oh sweet new pc must have the best in it. not likely and i wouldn't be surprised if u grab the dell and the ram is way slower then rated front side buss of the chip too another trick they play. the consumer market is where they unload all their old stock. if u want durability and performance always go with a corporate grade laptop.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  15. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    I have to agree with FrOz3nD. I looked at your so called Toshiba Tecra and so far they are for MOBILITY not PERFORMANCE!!! Sheesh man. By the way, I have always hated Dell, from their commercials to their stupid promotions but I bought one anyways cause I got the best bang for the buck at the time.

Mike.

16. FrOz3nD

FrOz3nD New Member

Look, Im not " Judging " or anything.
    Anyway its down to these three :

DELL - E1705

LG - S1 MAN3E1

HP - Dv9000t

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  17. Juggalo_X

Juggalo_X Member Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 7900GTX (SLI)
    http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.grp?lg=en&section=1&group=1&product=5732&category=

i think this is exactly the same as there base alien ware model same GFX and possessor but the warranty has 2 more years then dell and if 100 gb isnt enough u can do a small upgrade so i beg to differ tecra is the more intelligent choice i feel. plus cant go wrong with damage protection technology and the biometrics

also as a side not Toshiba's tecra series have the warranty guarantee that any warranty work will be done in under 2 weeks and usually i get the tecra's back in 3 days (that 4 days including turn around) from a warranty job i have sold many of these units.

and if he is seriously a gamer... toss the laptop idea out the window cuz as soon as farcry 2 and alan wake hit the market he will have to buy a new gaming laptop again if he wants to play those with some relatively good frame rates.... i cant stress enough that a desktop is the better choice for a gamer.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  18. Infested Nexus

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
  19. FrOz3nD

FrOz3nD New Member

I think I might get Dell Inspiron E1705 - 17", Go 7900GS
    after all.
    Thanks Matey !

20. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Um, that laptop had a x1400 and an Intel Core Duo. I configured a laptop for my cousin that had the Intel Core 2 Duo (T7200) and with a x1400 for around $750. Plus it came with a 3 year warranty and also a 120GB hd as an extra bonus. :smoke:

Mike.