nVIDIA ForceWare 97.46 for Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HcoolP, Dec 16, 2006.

1. CoolaX365

CoolaX365 Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia 8600 GT
    Oh, get this. I turned off Aero Glass and I updated my score. My Graphics for Aero rating went up to 4.0. Is that suppose to happen lol?

[​IMG]

2. mtgb

mtgb Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTX
    Control Panel

Before I try these, I was wondering if they've got any more functionality to the Control Panel... I'm currently on v. 97.34 of the Vista Drivers (32-bit) and the CP doesn't do much... they're stable though...

Also, with a BFG 7800GS-OC 256MB AGP I'm getting a 5.9 for Aero, 5.6 for Gaming... Only a 4.3 overall though, because of an old CPU...

Anyway... what's the CP like in this release ?

3. greek

greek New Member

GPU:
    2 x 6800GS in SLi
    thanks, www.skins.be FTW!!!

4. greek

greek New Member

GPU:
    2 x 6800GS in SLi
    they best hurry up im lagging on bf2 with AA on , but didnt with SLi

5. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    the CP has extra colour controls and rotation controls over the last one, that is all.

6. blunden

blunden Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    I'm happy my screen resolution is 1680x1050 which has been working all the time. :D Will try these drivers though. :)

7. nfgusedapo182

nfgusedapo182 New Member

GPU:
    Geforce go 7900 GS / Geforce 6600
    Heres my scores i get on my notebook
    what is weird is that the driver version on the computer details page is different than the one i have installed (this one). also the scores seem really low for my card

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  8. DlocPuWons

DlocPuWons Master Guru

GPU:
    2x SLI eVGA Gefore 7800GT 460/1200
    This may be obvious but it seems a few people are confused and or sad about their scores. The max is a 5.9 to allow for future growth.

I get a 5.9 in Vista and Game Performance with my 7800GT sli. SO it must recognize SLI on some level (someone said they only get a 4.3 with one.) Too bad it still doesn't work in games though.

9. CoolaX365

CoolaX365 Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia 8600 GT
    Yea mine does the same too actually. I have a 7800GT and I get a 4.0 for index rating. You have a 7900GS and only get a 3.3???

My driver software doesn't match like yours either. All I know is that i'm somewhat relieved that i'm not the only one... but also sorry that you are going through the same.

10. sandvic

sandvic Member

Still no gaming drivers, all options in the new CP are ignored by the games (FSAA, anisotropy, etc), they just allow Aero goodness and get a 5.6 on my PC

11. marcocom

marcocom Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7950 GX2
    whats really screwed up IMO is if you check the game profiles provided for 3dmark, you will see that the SLI mode is ENABLED. wtf is that??

12. sandvic

sandvic Member

Well game profiles don't work anyway in any of the Forceware versions I tried in Vista: no antialiasing, ugly anisotropy, no triple buffering, etc

13. Hunted

Hunted Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080
    Thanks greek :)

For information purpose I thought I'll share my scores with you, although I'm running the 64bit version and drivers 97.34 on my Gigabyte 7900GT 256MB.

CPU needs an upgrade tho.

Cheers
    [​IMG]

14. sandvic

sandvic Member

5,9 must be the limit, I got 5,6 oh HDD because one of them is IDE and that's my overall

15. marcocom

marcocom Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7950 GX2
    me too. no antialiasing no matter what driver.

are you on a 7950 as well? if so that isolates the issue and suggest that even the solid-state SLI solution on this card is fuxored by vista.

AND THIS OPERATING SYSTEM IS NEARLY ONE YEAR LATE!!! how can there be no drivers with SLI or EAX (Creative) support yet???

16. sandvic

sandvic Member

Nope, I'm on a 7900, it seems Nvida won't release full Forceware drivers until january

17. Inuyashian

Inuyashian Active Member

These beta drivers, like the ones before them, are completely horrible. What's a number worth if you can't game with these? Absolutely nothing.

18. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    Probably because they can't work on a reliable/final driver until the OS is finished itself, they havn't had years and years to make the driver more like months, not to mention that DX10 was quite late being added to the OS.

It's released at the end of Jan, there should be drivers available then, you'll just need to wait like the rest of us.

If thers no decent drivers by the end of Jan for the public release of Vista, then thats the time to complain.

19. bakuryu

bakuryu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600LE @ 430/490
    I get a rating of 3.4 for my 6600LE I guess that's enough for a 6600LE card :D

However this driver seems to be reporting 520MB of graphics memory in dxdiag .. that's really strange

[​IMG]

20. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Why do you have 3 sound listings in dxdiag?