Is there any game thats supports dual core cpus?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by StreeTunder, Dec 14, 2006.

1. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    Hi folks! whats up? i remember this and everyone is talkin about dual core cpus...lalalalala. but is there any game thats supports dual core cpus? or in future games? if yes what games? and software ??? thx!!!!

2. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Not 1 game benefits from dual core cpu's atm, although Quake 4 has a somewhat (read not very effective) multicore support.

Valve stated to update the source engine in the near future to fully use dual/multi cores.

3. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    =/ so there is no point to get dual core cpu right now...do u know any soft that supports dual core?

4. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    There are some good things that come out of running a dual core.i remember with my old rig, i had to turn off the "bells and whistles" in XP, and some other things like anti-virus,etc. just to be competative online.with this dualie, i just start the game and go.so no, games arent coded for dual core yet, but yes there is a benefit.

5. Brian the King

Brian the King Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 Ti OC
    Oblivion kind of does, flight sim X does; ut07 and crysis, and valve games [as keitosha said] will. I feel like there's another game out now we didn't mention though...

6. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    Quake3/4
    Oblivion
    Battlefield 2
    COD 2

and more.

edit.
    I thinkg gothic 3 uses also.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Quake 4 update 1.2 enables dual core CPUs, but there is no option for it in the latest patch, so I'm wondering if it enables it automatically.

COD2 I think enables it too, or probably SLI.

8. mcstarr24

mcstarr24 Active Member

COD2 is patched to support multi core, it was coded for single thread from the start though..but the update give's it a boost

true multi threaded games arnt really out, as in bult from the ground up to suport such a thing.

rainbow six vegas supposdely uses both cores, but i dont see the gains one bit.

in fact i think it runs on one core, terrible performance

9. mcstarr24

mcstarr24 Active Member

sure

dvdshrink

tmpeng, adobe products, pro tools, photoshop, reason, maya, the list goes on and on

games no