Razer Barracuda AC1 sound card

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Trenchdog73, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
    Just wanted to know if any of yous guys are using this card? I have only found fairly limited reviews and just wanted some real world opinions on its performance, how it compares to the x-fi's and how it well it works with its sibling headphones. ty td

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    They are very,very new. I haven't heard of anybody in this forum that owns one yet.

3. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
    yeah lol not a whole lot anywhere on them besides the 6 ppl that got them from newegg and apparently like em. Just whish some one would do an indepth review on them already, most just list the features and reviewers opinion of sound quality. I would love to see some frame rate comparisons for gaming and some cpu usage in benches.

4. NaTez

NaTez Member

A good start is this thread
    http://razerblueprints.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=96&topic=5479.0

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    It was previously mentioned that it was a 8788 chipset based card.

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yea more reviews would be nice. maybe one day a review will pop up from hear. I am looking foward to getting one of these cards to go with the headsets.

but there sure are alot of people liking the card. I dont really trust that review that aries guy from that page did. If i going to that card I could careless about not using EAX.

I guess I will use my ears when I do get the sound card as I doing now with the headset.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Enlighten me as to what a 8788 chipset is? Or any other type for that matter.

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    8788 is a top end C-Media audio processor (Oxygen class). It's a codename number for chip just like it's EMU10k2 for Audigy 2...

9. Kon³v

Kon³v Guest

GPU:
    Legend 7800GT
    that card has the biggest load of amrketing i have ever seen, you are far better off getting a X-Meridian and not having to put up with all the riced up crap.

same card with better outputs and it still does the surround headphones.

10. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    Here's some pics of the card. For frame rates comparison and cpu usage, check out the X-Meridian review on Guru3D, they share the same chip so the performance should be the same, just the sound quality will differ.

11. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
    well if thats the case then it pretty much gets whamped by the xfi for gaming anyway, but thats at the top of my list. Guess no need for an upgrade, I do want to check out those headphones though.

12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Some people dont want to use the dobly headphone mode. I know I dont want it. I perfer 5.1 Headsets over any kind of tech like that. So i rather have 5.1 headsets then Stereo Headsets with DD headphone or cms headphone.

I dont belive it marketing, I belive it should be a good card. But I will find out for my self when I get it. If the blue gears and some other card used the same chip then I feel it isnt marketing. People with the combo I seen enjoy them together too much to be marketing.

I think people expecting it to support higher EAX when they know it will never will. And think it must have all EAX ver to be a gamer card.

If I went for the trittion Headsets then I would had X-merdian on my mind, but I didnt want headsets with rumble built in them.

Now for Eax, why do people keep thinking non XFI cards would have EAX3-5 when they know creative will not let them use it for other cards and they see it as a con for this card.

Most of the people that getting these cards dont really care for EAX or dont like it. Like me I trying to get away from creative to break the habbit.Eax isnt a must for gaming.

Any way I already have the headsets It just a matter of time before I get the sound card :D

13. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
    not trying to be a smartass, but wouldnt that have been better suited on the razor blue print post where the comments where made? Those headphones look sexy, how are they working out for you?

14. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    The headsets work great, I having a good time with them, it just that I didnt expect them to sound this good to me. I expected them to be like the Ear force hpa that i refunded.

But I was shocked when they wasnt. But make sure you turn on Bass Redirection so the bass will go to the Sub drivers and not the other speakers.

I played many games with them and I like what i hear, Also I was replaying to the other dude that was saying about using dd headphones and the x-mer instead of the sound card and the headsets.

I telling him what I perfer and what not. The razer headset and sound card fits my taste. Just got to get the sound card.

It look silly if i posted it on the razer blue prints.People would be wondering who i am repleying to.

Also as alreadys you have to get them time to burn in. IMO they was worth the 40 dollars added to the refund money I got back.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  15. Spezzy

Spezzy Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256 525/1400
    Now.. Why not DD and 5.1 headphones? It's not like you can't have both.

16. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I didnt say I didnt want the DD headphone option, I just saying I rather use my 5.1 headsets then it. Of course you gonna have DD headphone on the Razer It supports it .

17. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
    Well I think im ganna make a stop at compusa and pick up a pair of the headphones and give them a try. The last surround sound headphones I hade gave me a ahead ache, turtle beach or something like that. NOthing like paying 80+ usd for a headache lol so those went back and these will too if they dont live up to my expectations.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    For what it's worth guys, this is a 8788 based card, I looked through the drivers and they are C-Media all the way. The nice fancy green interface is a custom application to "skin" the driver. Just wanted you guys to know.

19. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    i had those if your talking about the Ear foce heh they was ok but the padding wasnt good enough , that was one of the reasons why i refund them. Heh I couldnt stand the ear ache heh.

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Why don't you get a set of Grado's or Senn's I am sure they will probably sound better.