the most embarrassing thing about being a Gamer....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jiu-jitsuGOD, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    quad sli8800GTX @826/2900 :) (H2o)
    Ive Found the most single handed MOST embarrassing aspect of being a gamer...

Its not that we have to much time on our hands or that we take games to seriously. or even being stereo typed as Nerds / geeks/ (whatever you've heard).Not even if we think Madden fight night or video games are real sports.. Or even the fact that we think Animated game chicks are hot....

NOPE..

The most single embarrassing thing about being a gamer is being even remotely or even slightly compared to, or generalized by others ,of that of an E.B / GAMESTOP Employee in any way. These people are a complete embarrassment to the gaming world.It sucks we even have to buy games from jokers.

lets take The "standard" E.B employee or even Better your typical 42 yr old Gamestop store manager that thinks he somehow He Has helped in the development of the Nintendo Wii or Ps3 because he gets the "inside scoop" from his district manager. on a Release date or some crap .
    The azssholes Really get Empowerment and purpose Telling customers they " cant" get the console they are looking for. THEY LOVE IT. It empowers them and makes them feel special. Why? Dont know!
    I used to think that it was just at my local store that these dicks acted that way .. then I moved across the country..... and NOPE same thing 2500 miles away. Pathetic man.
    I went in to try to buy a Wii for my brother for Christmas. I went to 5 different stores.ONLY in the gamestores did this happen. not in Best buy not Walmart not circuit city Everyone was completely respectful and Professional. ONLY In EB and Gamestop. I even told my wife ahead of time. I said "watch these guys smack my question down when I ask about a wii.......watch"
    I just so happen to have an ad with me that says they are getting more in in 3 days at that particular store. I didn't even ask "if" they had any I asked when they were getting more.As soon as I asked the employee said .. in a giggly voice" HOHO never!!! HaHAHa" then the manager said over him in a big STERN playful VOICE." Not till after January prolly !!!" "yeah" "or whatever he just said" the employee replied again.. ALL BIG SMILES on thier face Then they both go back hard at work putting sleeving's in blank DVD cases.lol
    MOST IF, NOT ALL OF YOU KNOW EXACTLY About that Worthless ATTITUDE Im talking about is. The one that just Emits from every single EBGAYMER Employee on this planet earth with the exception of maybe 1%. I turned to my wife and just started laughing. She was Like.... "LOL HaHA HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?!?!?!"
    I said (sigh)......
    "IM A GAMER...."

Regards,

Jiu-JitsuGOD

Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  2. shodai

shodai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7950gt 550/1400 w/vf900
    <- GameStop employee (sadly..)

We really don't know when console shipments are coming. That's why nobody can ever tell you. We are asked a hundred plus times every day when <new console> is coming out, shipping, etc, and we grow tired of it very fast. Most of the store employees are gamers just like you and we honestly share what we know about shipments - which is little to nothing. "About January" is honestly the best guess that we have.

3. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    not the point. Its the cheap immature manner of THE answer and the mentality in the store. Its not every single employee. Im actually friends with a couple of employees from there and they all agree its like a gay romparoom.

Like I said.... 1% I hope your in there somewhere.. LOL

4. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    It was in the ****ing flyer bro. distributed by the store.LOL

5. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    omg i know what you mean. Listen I know your asked 100 times a day, but it doesn't give you the right to act like a dick. Talking to me like I'm a child that doesn't know anything about anything is completely ridiculous. I hate that I have to go to buy my games at EB Games / Gamestop. I will admit their is one guy at my local Gamestop who is nice and doesn't talk down on me but he is the only one in the store.

And any game my brother has ever bought from Gamestop he gets home and it never works then we have to make a second trip back to replace it for a working copy. On EVERY game, PS2, Wii, and the one PC game

6. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    I had a run in with EB when they refused to take back a something that I bought that turned out to be damaged.
    One recently opened in my town but I don't go there very often. Bought a couple of games from this new one but they both stunk. Now EB barely carries any PC games at all so my decision not to shop there wasn't hard.
    Most EBs I've been too, the employees are just goofing off and not interested in serving customers.

The people who work at Best Buy aren't the brightest people but they're always helpful. I buy all of my games there now. They also have a better selection of PC games too. I went into three different EBs to find the Empire at War expansion. First Best Buy I went to had it, the EBs (supposedly the biggest selection of games) didn't.

The retail industry needs to wake up, badly. I've got a number of stores on my blacklist and it keeps growing bigger every year.

7. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    exactly ..

excuse me for you DOING your ****ing job...

It was funny watching them mentally masturbate on themselves telling countless customers even old ladies they had no chance in hell getting systems for their grand kids.. And Liking it... ****ing sad.. Pathetic actually. answering 70 yr old ladies with 1 word short answers every time. or making a mockery of the situation just to add to the drama of it all.EVERYONE of those *******s knows they are going to get STOCKPILES of systems in Right before Christmas. It happens every year.ESPECIALLY ON NEXT GEN SYSTEMS. the company's create a demand so people go nuts then they get them in. but they love to be important and special because for the first time in their useless lives people actually value their opinions. 40 yr old adults selling video games for a living thinking they work for Microsoft / government agency or something. At least when the holidays are over they will all be bored again.
    Notice no one ever in college going for game design ever works as a manager. or someone going to school for a serious career. Its always so sloppy outta shape Shopping mall lifer or some shoe salesman that lost his job. Pathetic.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    Employees at EB's are idiots. Even in NZ, they think they know everything. They tired to sell me F.E.A.R for 2x the price as the shop next to them. I told the guy to F off. They don't know crap about computers. One guy said I needed a Fx-60 to run Half Life 2.

9. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:

Thanks man .. Im LMAO over here .. an FX60?!?! im surprised he even knew what it was.. should have asked him how much l2 cache it has..lol he wouldn't know ..
    they really dont know **** .. the only worse thing than that is going into a commercial hardware place in an emergency. then the freaks really come out.
    Ive heard so much bizarre shiit about hardware at Altex from those guys youd lock your fu_cking doors at night.

10. noobie dude

noobie dude Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX 8800 GT OC 512MB
    this didn't happen at an eb games or gamestop but it was at a computer repair shop. I go in there to buy ram and I tell the guy at the counter that it's so I can have 1 gig in my pc and he tells me that I don't need nearly that much. He says that only mainframes need 1 gig. :bang:

11. Girn

Girn Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gt 703/2000
    i dont ask people for advice at stores.. i just go in knowing what i want.. go to cashier.. and im gone.. simple as that no questions.. thats how i like to keep it

12. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    the most embarrassing thing about being a Gamer is : online games.

GOD, for once what happen to playing a online game with out calling a person a noob. or talking crap online. people who are like this REALLY need to chill because one, ITS A GAME, dont take it personally.
    i found out since 2001 up to now, 90% of the time, playing games online is just too sad. there more hate online then what u see in real life. this is why i stop playing online because seeing that make me feel embarrassing, just how far people will go just to pick one win or frag.

two : i really dont care what people think as me as a gamer. people call me a noob, some a pro, for me none of that dont bug me, i am who i am, a gamer, no better then no anyone just the same right. like Eclap he a gamer and he not better then me, we are the same because we play what we love games nothing more.
    unless in real life eclap is better then me in racing : D

13. shodai

shodai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    My favorite type of customer. ;)

14. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:

shodai thanks for proving us all right..

:booty:

15. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    i agree with every post here:bunch:

16. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Sounds like you all just have bad luck man. I know that at the EB and Gamestops where I live, that they actually know what they are talking about. Never heard or seen one of them act like an ******* or anything, even about the new consoles and all that. They all seem to act very friendly where I live. Maybe I'm just lucky or something, not likely. When asked about the consoles they usually just say to ask them in a couple days, least for the Wii. There should be plenty o Nintendo Wii's by the time Christmas come. Hell, even on Black Friday Toys R' Us had over 30, and that wasn't even a week after the console launch.

Sorry for all your crappy luck mates.

17. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    actually i stopped going to EB and gamestop. they frigging cut way back on there pc selection. atleast on the ones at the mall i go to. they used to have a wall of pc games now they have a tiny little shelf. its friggin pathetic

18. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    a couple months ago I went to Gamestop asking about PS3 preorders, I was told "there wont be any preorders, just get an XB360 instead" of course Im stubborn and resisted the urge to buy their BS so I waited.....2 days later they start taking PS3 preorders and Im first in line securing my 60gig PS3. I did end up selling it for hefty profit and buying that XBox 360 though heh.

The employess at GS/EB are clueless tools, NEVER listen to their advice on ANYTHING, EVER.

19. shodai

shodai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Somehow me liking the customer that comes in, knows what he wants, and leaves happy proves everyone right? Alrighty then. o_O

20. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    Shodai, you get paid to help people. Thats like me working at a restaurant and getting pissed when somebody wants to make a dinner order.

Oh, and I HATE having to buy games at gamestop or EB Games for that exact reason. You can tell that they hate talking to you, because they are all a bunch of ingrateful prats anyway.

Plus, if I EVER ask a question about if they have a PC game (because for some reason they don't even have an area for PC anymore, they keep them in the back) if it is a multi-platform game the standard response is "It's better on consoles anyway". I didn't f*cking ask that did I?

The one EXTREMELY helpful manager that worked at the EB Games by me that I would always go in and talk to quit a long time ago because he said he couldn't stand working with the rest of the employees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.