97.19 MS Vista RTM build X32 and X64 Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by lordobsidian, Nov 18, 2006.

1. bb12489

bb12489 Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    well now i get no picture at all but i have sound. when it gets done with the intro the screen is messed up on login now. i'm reinstalling the game now to see if that helps

2. NrthnStar5

NrthnStar5 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
    Can anyone get this to run in 1440x900 ?

3. bb12489

bb12489 Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    still cant get 2142 to work...

4. rouvio

rouvio Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    hmm.. thats odd. It should work.
    I noticed on your system specs that you have an SLI board. dunno, maybe it has something to do with that ?

Try this lead and tell us what you come up with :)

5. bb12489

bb12489 Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    i have an SLI mobo but i only have on card

6. rouvio

rouvio Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    EXACTLY my point ! ;)

7. SVoyager

SVoyager Guest

GPU:
    BFG GF7800 GT
    For my end. These drivers are a defenatly better than the default ones.

Mostly all 3d applications had issues. I have tested these so far

Heroes of MM V no longer flickers like crazy
    Supreme Commander works good altho still a few issues. First loadup of the map will hang on the load screen however moving the cursor on the screen shows that the game is loaded but the screen didnt refresh. (you can see the cursor change depending on what it would be pointing at if you were able to see it). Alt-tabbed out and back in for a fully working game with dualmonitor working good too (had 1 crash when trying to switch over to the secondary screen).

fsx ran good before the patch but with a few issues. Issues were Flickering once reaching 82-84% on load screen wich then hanged there. Opening the task manager and not touching anything else made the game continue to load. Once loaded, flickering again, same solution opened task manager, waited a bit and it switched back by itself into the game with correct display this time.
    Almost the same issues with these drivers however the loading screen just doesnt show until 84% or so where it will flicker until 100% but no need to open task manager. Once loaded, same issue with flicker and task manager fixes it.

TRS2004, flickering in game gone, no problem here.

3dsmax9, issues before was that 3dsmax just wouldnt load at all. Now flickering when using dx driver however switching to opengl works but its extreamly slow. I read that opengl was not included but there seems to be a basic driver or something as 3dsmax reports opengl version 1.1.0 but i think in xp it was showing 2.0 or something so it might just be an old "default" driver or something)

X3 the return, no more flickering evrything seems to be running fine here. Make sure you install the latest update for the game as it disables starforce (its no hack, they decided to dump starforce on their latest version). On my end, when i first ran the game without it being updated, wich installed starforce, i endedup with a screen at startup saying that windows was screwed (sorry i dont remember the exact message) and that i had to put the cd in again to fix. I had to use the "last known working configuration" on startup to have a working windows again, thank god for that option. So update the game first so you dont get starforce and the game runs fine with latest drivers.

Thats all i have installed for now. Havnt tested on the performance since i didnt had any numbers but at least some good improvements as far as actually being able to run the games now.

8. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    sounds like you didn't install your drivers correctly.

9. DaGosh

DaGosh Member

GPU:
    BFG 7950GX2
    What about a 64bit edition?
    could be nice :)

10. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    64 bit vista us fubar

11. atlas029

atlas029 Member Guru

GPU:
    evga295gtx+/8800GTS640
    Only quest. i have is madden07 and bf2142 are running in normal mode in 32/64bit???? love the way vista looks,runs, and feels, but not installing vista64 again until i can run my games like they were ment.

12. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    that made alot of no sense

13. Rodrigo_TReX

Rodrigo_TReX Member

GPU:
    6600GT PCI-E
    sorry wrong topic.

14. Solomon

Solomon New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX570 @580
    Nice Drivers! Working perfect with my Vista x64 RTM with no graphical errors in Games like BF2, Guild Wars, GTR2...which all had problems with the new released 96.85 from Nvidia...:D

Nice job! Keep up the good work!

15. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    thank.... *EEKs* microsoft...