ATI Tray Tools - 1.2.6.955 (discussion)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by Ray Adams, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Which profile section?

2. madad2005

madad2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor HD6870 @ stock
    What does Catalyst AI do? I have it on low, but not sure what benefits it offers. Secondly, has anyone else reported pc rebooting after running 3DMark benchmarks? I overclock with ATT and after benchmarking, I get my results screen up and all is fine. At this point I believe ATT is still in 3D mode. However, after I close down the application, if I click on the system tray I get an automatic reboot. I'm going to a completely new install at the weekend and see if it makes a difference.

3. jibi049

jibi049 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
    UH? you say that 'show as ddr' was broken? it s not the case for me

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 madad2005 - Use "Driver level" overclocking mode.

5. martin2006

martin2006 Master Guru

GPU:
    onboard geforce 6100
    ive had a look through the thread but cant see an answer to what i want to know. basically do you recommed driver level overclocking or low level. i havent used att for a while now as i used to have a x1800xt and the old version didnt have driver level overclocking on it.

6. martin2006

martin2006 Master Guru

GPU:
    onboard geforce 6100
    actually scratch that other question, ive found out myself now.. i have a more important worry now tho, it doesnt matter what i set the memory to it changed itself to 375mhz when i run a 3d app, and it even changes the sved profile to that aswell

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Use lats Catalys driver if you want to use Driver Level. But for X1800XT you can use low level. It should work without problems.

8. neo1

neo1 Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI AIW X800 AGP 2 Monitors
    This suggestion may be out of the scope of your project but it would be nice to include MB fan control for CPU, chassis, etc. I have tried another utility for this but it does not seem to work.

9. fairuza

fairuza Member

can you put in an option to use the old tray icon? this new one is not as cool (to me). i like the little red cube.

10. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Beta version of ATT already has updated icon and it will be final icon.

11. tulioanjos

tulioanjos New Member

GPU:
    Video Card
    Is CCC needed to enable EATM ?
    Many thanks

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No needs in CCC

13. Mekrel

Mekrel New Member

GPU:
    HIS X1800XL
    Hi,

Just a few questions:

Is it me, or is something broken in ATi Tray Tools?

I decided to try out driver level overclocking, but everytime I set a GPU voltage on the voltage tab - it doesn't apply it? Just defaults back to 1.1v. Or am I doing things wrong?

I'm using a X1800XL and tried both with ATi services running and disabled - makes no difference.

Wish I could write plugins! Really would love an X-Fi mode changer plugin, as I feel the X-Fi mode changer I use now - interferes with ATi Tray Tools.

14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Only voltage can not applied or clocks too?

15. c3po

c3po Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro
    Auto Overclcking doesn't work for me :(

Since the new version .955 Auto Overclocking doesn't work after the first restart.
    I use default settings and only set the new clocks for 2D and 3D profile and additionally I set 2D to load at startup. After I installed ATT it worked and after the first restart it remains on 2D if I start a 3D application :(
    Reinstalling ATT didn't help, too.

System:

Windows XP Professional SP2
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    nForce2 Board
    AMD Athlon XP
    2x512MB DDR 400 Ram

It worked with older versions.

EDIT

Just noticed, that OSD-framecound doesn't appear in right upper corcer, too. Seems that ATT isn't able to detect a 3D application

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    What game you used? May be you put it in exception list? How did you check it?

17. c3po

c3po Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro
    Use NFS - Most wanted and UT 2004.
    I have sounds assigned to the profiles, so I noticed, that no sound appears because of this I pressed the windowsbutton on my keyboard to jump out of the game and look if the 3D profile is loaded. Unfortunately 3D isn't loaded :( and the switching sounds don't appear. There are only the default apps in my exception-list.

18. NoX1911

NoX1911 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 9500@9700 128MB 3.3ns
    I de-selected 'Always select maximum refresh rate' but it doesn't work. Everytime i start-up windows i get an 'out of range' signal unless i set DDC manually to 85Hz. That forces all resolutions to 85Hz max which is not acceptable. I do need higher refresh rates for lower resolutions. 'Refresh lock' doesn't work.

Why does it change refresh rates anyway? I set desktop properly to 85Hz and shutdown windows with it. It does change at next reboot. The only alternative is official CCC that works properly but needs horrible loading times due to .NET.

Isn't it possible to leave refresh rates untouched like CCC does?

19. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 NoX1911 - I don't understand your problem.

No problems on my system with that games.

20. c3po

c3po Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro

Please explain me what is responsible for detecting whether it's 2D and 3D mode? It seems for me that something blocks my detection :( As I said: It worked perfect before the first restart!