Wii First Person shooters.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by InfDaMarvel, Nov 15, 2006.

1. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Ok so I was thinking about my future purchase of the Wii and I thought to myself, O Zelda is going to be good but its not like Im going to play it forever since it isnt multiplayer.

The only game I could think of that ill play pretty much forever would be Super Smash Bros Brawl (Ima own you all online)

And Ya know then I thought as a die hard American who lives blood gore and killing people where are the good First Person shooters! (/Sarcasm)

Wii has Metriod Prime and thatll be good but ya know...it does not give that same First Person shooter feel. So My question here is, what do you think would be some future titles that the Wii will take on (Other than Resident Evil..)

2. Jackmelots

Jackmelots Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7900gt KO @ Stock
    Super, Paper, Sunshine, Smash Bros, Mario World #4584267 w/ the new first person view perspective exclusive to the nintendo wii. (/Sarcasm)

Maybe some spin-offs to the metroid series?

3. Crystallas

Crystallas Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280
    Im still amazed to see people that haven't gotten tired of playing more of the same. Sure first person shooters are great and all, but do you really want to keep playing PC games on a console, just so you can get tired of it, and have little or no home brew mods and hacks that make old games feel like new again? You can't expect the Wii to really compete with consoles that follow a business model of pushing titles that are only small upgrades over the one it copied. Its a fresh ideas system, and the idea is way out of the box. The graphics arent the best, but the experience and design is a sign of life, that games can be fun without people having to be good at them.
    In short, you cant buy a Wii thinking that FPS designers will emphasize on advertizing their top end game on a system that was designed for a different level of graphics.

4. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M

5. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Totally oblivious to what I was asking bud, I was just asking if Wii was going to have in big titles like Gears of War. Which is obviously not on the PC.

@Infested
    COD3 looks horrible on the Wii and thats pretty much all that game had. Looks.

Interested in Metal of Hono and ahh Far Cry lol...own it for the pc and got bored of is so fast. HL2 was so much better than it that when I got around to play it, it was a giant let down.