8800 GTX 2D clocks

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by KENNYB, Nov 11, 2006.

1. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900
    What are they? Can peeps please check what their cards are set to? If you have a card that is idling high, then you are stuck in 3D mode (like me).

2. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900
    Hmmm... i just had a rather disturbing thought. If the initial shipments of GTXs had to be recalled because of a resistor had the wrong value and thus did not allow proper changing of modes from 2D to 3D why is it that some of our cards idle so high?

I've seen a couple of people post pictures of their clocks and they all have the same 2D and 3D clocks. Therefore, some of our cards aren't changing modes at all, they are always in 3D mode. While it doesn't seem like a big deal to some people, dumping an extra 10C into your case is not acceptable. Would nVidia actually pull a stunt like this?

3. orion24

orion24 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1254/1703
    I don't know but I just learned that the 3D voltage is only 1.26V. I'm going to give it an overvolt......

4. hoop

hoop Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    i had a issue with mine but i updated drivers and so far so good

5. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900

What were your issues? What are you current temps?

6. hoop

hoop Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    well when i first install the card i ran 3dmarks and stuff to c how my score were and then i went to play BF2 and i was lagging bad and i read on another forums about this and i updated to the new drivers and so far i havent had that problem, but i did notice that my card is always in3D for some reason.

7. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    I was under the impression that the G80 does not have 2D/3D clocks like previous cards but rather that it runs continually in 3D mode due to Vista's accelerated desktop requirement, which is why we're seeing higher idle temps.

8. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900
    If that's the case then nVidia wouldn't have had to do a recall. From every article i've read the recall involved the cards inability to switch from 2D to 3D without leading to on-screen data corruption. Well if the card is always in 3D then the problem is "fixed". No, not really. I will RMA the card if need be. I know that others are seeing much lower temps. 75C is not acceptable.