Nvidia Firewall or Others?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Fayadi, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Fayadi

Fayadi New Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800 GTS 640 MB OC
    Hi I am asking whether it is better to use Nvidia Firewall or Other Firewall like Kerio. Somehow I have a feeling that Kerio somehow might slow down the loading of web pages. Is it true? Is Nvidia Firewall good?

2. Grand-DK

Grand-DK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 680 GTX
    i don´t know about how good nvidia firewall is but sygate firewall is far the best (my opinion) it´s lets u choose which programs are allowed to go online it will pop-up every time some new program are trying to connect too the net and also if some program files have been changed since last boot-up it will pop-up and ask if it you that have updated the program this is a good future if u get any viruses there are trying to change program files

sorry for my english :)

G-DK

Ps. U can get both a personal version and a pro version

http://sygate.com/

3. deity

deity Member

GPU:
    8800GTS
    http://www.pcflank.com/pcflankleaktest.htm
    PCFlank's Leaktest vs. selected commercial firewalls, as of October 16, 2006:

Firewall PC Flank Leaktest Result:
    Norton Personal Firewall 2006 (v. 9.1.033) failed
    Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall (v. 4.3.268) failed
    Windows XP built-in firewall failed
    Zone Alarm Pro (v. 6.5.737.000) failed
    Outpost Firewall Pro (v. 4.0.964.6926 (582)) passed
    Tiny Personal Firewall 2005 (v. 6.5.126) passed
    I install ActiveArmor Firewall (6.86 nforce dr.) and can say...
    it better then Windows firewall ! but but but pcflankleaktest FAILED TOO!!!
    plus -not BSOD -not corrupted download

4. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    Actually, pretty much all firewalls have those features, and the Internet Security Suites that are popping up all over have even more features.
    I personally am using TrendMicro PC-cillin Security Suite 2007 right now, because of a virus that my Norton IS didn't find...I literally installed and tried out 7 different firewall/antivirus suites, and it wasn't until I got ahold of PC-cillin that the infection was cleaned.
    PC-cillin Security suite has all the above options, along with a Spyware/Malware scan (TOTALLY customizeable!), Web-Site filtering (adult/gambling/phishing/etc.), real-time Antivirus and Spyware monitoring, among many other things.
    I've found through experience with several other security suites, that TM PC-cillin has the smallest footprint, and uses less system resources of all the suites I tested.

Oh, and you can add TrendMicro PC-cillin to the VERY small list of PASSED firewalls at the pcflank leak test site...I just tried it, and it wouldn't even let me open the file without an ALWAYS IGNORE...it rated just the file itself as VERY DANGEROUS/Hacking Profile. I turned off my firewall just to test, and immediately was able to open the file, run it, and fail the test with flying colors. - So, TM PC-cillin was doing it's job.

Psychlone

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006

5. littlejohn1959

littlejohn1959 Master Guru

GPU:
    Ge Force 8800gt/512,Zalma
    ive read lots on the nvidia firewall .
    i have the asus mb , with nforce 4 chipset .
    i did not ,,load in nv firewall .
    ive read its buggy .
    corrupts downloads etc .
    before installing you might wanna read and research a bit on the nv firewall .
    be carefull .

cheers .

6. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Unless you know how to configure it dont use nvidia firewal it messes everything up. My advice would be to get a good router and just use windows firewall.