Auzentech X-Purity/X-Meridian Specs

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tenkanisk

Tenkanisk Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Sapphire X1900gt
    darkpegisus that is mean making us wait and hear that it just sounds great. Can you do a side by side comparrison? An in depth review would be nice too.

2. darkpegisus

darkpegisus Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 512MB SLI
    I know about An in depth review since I'm not good at typing nor a talkative person. As for a side by side comparison, the X-Meridiam will win hands down. My receiver never sounded so good before.

I've listening to my music, and i have to say I will never buy a Creative card again.

3. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    You've just added a lot more tension to my excitement! I want this card and I can't buy anything until next year. I wanna hear more from the guys that get their cards. I also think I will never buy another creative card again. They're not so problematic for me, but they're just boring and very limited, aimed specifically for the gaming community. I should consider myself a "hardcore gamer" but I also enjoy music a whole LOT and I got tired of sacrificing that anymore.

well... enough with that. I wonder when will it be available in major stores like amazon and newegg.

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yeah, somebody finally has the card and says it sounds great. We knew that but it's great to hear.
    @FNK those Bluegears cards are just copies of the reference design produced by C-Media. The X-Meridian is the ONLY soundcard that doesn't follow the reference design. I can see people trying to copy it now but we know therre is only one X-Meridian. This is way somany of us ordered it.
    @Xan K, I will give you a review when I can.
    100 times better? -that's awsome....
    @Dark, you gotta change your specs now. I am wondering who will get their cards today.
    Also can you give us a little more? sounds a 100 times better is great but why? better bass more detail? or all of the above? What are the drivers like?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006

5. darkpegisus

darkpegisus Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 512MB SLI
    Well I just played a little bit of F.E.A.R. and it sound sooooo much better then the X-Fi did. It crisp and clear, all the sound are there and has a much better surround sound the X-Fi. I think it is a must have sound card.:D

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Great to hear, so this is the new #1 soundcard in your opinion? Your comparing to one of the Creatvie Flagship models...So the X_meridian just kills it? What are the drivers like? The say there is a 10 band eq for every channel...I am just curious as I should have mine this week...Your the first guy to have the X-Meridian in the specs...
    C'mon you have to give us more!

7. rockonhard

rockonhard Master Guru

GPU:
    Gecube 9600 pro 128
    Yes, pretty please, more details like can it do the kitchen sink as well? Just kidding man, but a more in depth details of the card's performace would be much appreciated.

@iseedeadpeople
    Where are you?

8. darkpegisus

darkpegisus Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 512MB SLI
    Yes I think it's the #1 sound card. It beats the Creative Flagship models in my opinion. The driver installed with out any problems at all. I Don't see a setting to set the 10 band eq for every channel, nether in analog or digital. It has one 10 band eq that outputs to all the chanels. The Dolby Digital Live and the DTS Interactive is 5.1 only, don't see a way to change that. the 7.1 is analog only. There is no openal support in this driver version. the audio control panel is easy to use.

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    AFAIK Dolby Digital IS a 5.1 standard. now Prologic IIX is a 7.1 standard. Why do you have a 7.1 system? You just got the card though so you need to figure evrything out with the drivers..I would imagine there is quite a bit to them considering what the card can do the drivers must be somehwhat complex no matter how simple they look. Did you read the manual?
    BTW for eveybody wanting a review. When I get my card I can write a review but I don't have A digital set-up which is what I think alot of people ant reviewed. Gurur3D is reviewing the card. ALthough I think most of us will have our cards by the time the review is here.

Also understand this is just the first driver release...I cannot wait to get mine..

Also. Hilbert just posted that Guru3D has received their card and it's been transfered to their audio reviewer.
    so expect a review from him in the next few weeks.

10. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I wonder if it does 128 voices like the XFI does that be a big plus if it does. Making me want one even more if it does. But it be a while til i get one I be waiting til the price drops.

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The X-Meridian contain 128 Hardware voices. Which I read on a soundcard comparison sheet on their website. I will see if I can find it. I am 100% sure it does. Here Look Here
    http://www.auzentech.com/site/support/comparison.php#

and click on gaming...look down and it show the X-Meridian has 128 Hardware voices the same as X-fi.
    actually you can click on any of the sub headings and it gives you specs compared to other cards.

@Genclaymore, can I ask why you specifically wanted 128 voices?
    for gaming?

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @Dark, can you read the part #'s off the replacable Opamps and post them?

13. NaTez

NaTez Member

Nope.

The CMedia CMI8788 of the X-Meridian does not support hardware Mixing for DS3D oder OpenAL Voices.
    The X-Meridian does not have capacities of sound acceleration.
    Not for DS3D or OpenAL buffer mixing, not for effect prozessing, not for DTSi or DDL encoding, not for Dolby Headphone or PLIII, not for an EQ.

All that processing are CPU software based realized.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    really go look. According to the site it states it supports 128 hardware voices. BTW Vista is killing hardware support for ALL soundcards. Where did you find thid info? Based wn what I was told the card sound better than anything previously released and all features work as expected..that's good enough for me...

15. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    Edited cos im a Knobhead, Sorry Nat :)

16. NaTez

NaTez Member

see not on soundcard marketing. See into the Soundcontroller specs. (p. 1.1 & 1.2)
    http://www.cmedia.com.tw/files/doc/PCI/OxygenHD CMI8788 Datasheet Rev0.6.pdf

I use momentarily a EMU1820m.

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    what are you talking about? the link I posted goes right to the company that shows the card contains 128 3D voices..so I have no idea what your talking about.. Yeah I was just looking at the specs a minute ago. I thought I was answering his question he was asking about voices as compared to the X-fi. they both have 128 voices acccording to the company..maybe I have been misinformed.

18. NaTez

NaTez Member

Yes. 128 Software mixing voices. Used CPU times. More Voices more CPU time.

Example. The standard openAL Wrapper supported 256 software mixing voices.

generally software mixing is only limited on CPU power.

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I could be wrong..as I said. Hardware acceleration is reallt a bad point right now becasue Vista is killing all of it anyhow. SO most of hardware acceleration will need to be redone on alot of cards. SO I have read. BAsed on the first reviews I have bee getting from quite a few people it's amazing piece of technology. I haven't got mine yet so the jury is still out with me.

20. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900

Grrrrr that will sway me from buying this card if that is true on release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.