ForceWare 96.89 Xp/2000/32/64 bits

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RBEJ, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Greeno

Greeno Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    I wouldn't be so sure, how do you explain the new profiles? (which boost SLI performance)

2. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    as a non SLI user the profiles haven't helped, but has the sli perfomance improved? I'm unsure what tweaks asus does to drivers but I find them to be less stable than default drivers. If this becomes an official driver I will do another benchmark to make a comparison.

3. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    yet some get better performance..like me?

"if only we could all share the same hardware"

4. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Lol, I wish. Compared to your system, mine is crap.

5. bearhat

bearhat Member

GPU:
    3x GeForce 8800GTX
    Only about 13%.

Also, this is a clean install.

6. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    No, really, 278 points is within the 300 give or take zone. Basicaly even futuremark admits that there is a small difference between one test and the next even with the same hardware/drivers, i believe they said about 300.

7. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Anyone know how to benchmark tomb raider legend? Or at least find out the fps?

8. StealthBomber

StealthBomber Member Guru

GPU:
    Fully modded X1950GT
    Strange, like ALL the 8x.xx drivers this set gave me icon/mouse corruption and visual grahpic glitches, back to 91.47 and all is fine.

Perhaps there is a certain tweak present in these set of drivers that existed in the 8x.xx, all the other 9x.xx I've tried worked fine.

9. mkimbro

mkimbro New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce GTX670 4GB
    I would like to put my two cents worth in.

For SLI drivers on 2x 7950GT, especially XFX i'm getting crap benchmarks. I thought SLI was end to be all for nVidia Cards what's up????:(

I was using 1 XFX 7950GX2 card and getting double benchmarks from what i'm getting now..:cry:

This is with any of the Drivers past 92.91. I'm just wondering with all these people on forums, if their giving us single card benchmarks???????

10. kevinti2005

kevinti2005 Member Guru

GPU:
    X1950Pro 512MB AGP - Cat 7.11 + CCC
    Wiht this driver (in fact, with newer drivers after 91.48), I simply can't run my FIFA2005. It always crashed to desktop immediately after I clicked to start the game from shortcut or .exe!:(

Even I put in the RESOLUTION=1280X1024X32 in the shortcut property, it still crashed to desktop!

Anyone experience that and with any new solution to it?

Note: I run my FIFA2005 in 800X600 in-game!

11. Makashi_Menace

Makashi_Menace Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 7600GT-TDH (256 DDR3)
    Exactly. While 3dmark is useful in giving an estimated gauge of your GPU performance, people really shouldn't swear by every single point of the results.

If you really want to test drivers, run game benchies such as the ones in Doom3 or CS:S. Or better still, play the games yourself and get a feel of the performance, IQ and stability.

12. ProfBP

ProfBP Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    I tried these and ya know, for me they are not as good as the 92.12 set. I got a lot of bad shimmering in FS9when flying the stock skyhawk out of KJFK, and even the plane didn't look all that crisp, even when I had 4X AA and 8X AF turned on. In CFS2 when running one of my bench marks, the new set didn't far as well, dipping to 74FPS when in the same scenario the 92.12 set did at worst 78FPS. Aquamark for the most part didn't change much, though out of the three times I ran it, the 92.12 set came out scoring better then the new set, not by much mind you, but still.

Aquamark scores are with 4X AA and 8X AF running, so the test is not stock.

92.12 1: 64,821
    GPU: 9,453
    CPU: 10,311

96.86 : 64,671
    GPU: 9,420
    CPU: 10,315

92.12 2: 64,872
    GPU: 9,468
    CPU: 10,302

So for now I'll stick with the 92.12 set.

13. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Thank you! Thats why I post the benches from the games I play rather than rely on synthetic stuff. I might have a 3dmark score here and there, but I focus on ingame performance.

14. Makashi_Menace

GPU:
    You are welcomed. :)

15. Paul L

Paul L Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    Okay I've tried these betas out & in some ways I'm happy but there are some 'Issues'. The memory speed of my card is reported at double its speed for a start & I've had some discrepancies with the maximum overclock test that both control panels have.
    Here are the diferences in the Detect Optimal Overclock :-
    Original Control Panel = GPU = 600mHz !!!! need Vgood cooling here & now
    MEM = 1250mHz (only 50mHZ higher than normal)
    New Control Panel = GPU = 390mHz (it used to go to 470 - 491)
    MEM = 1001mHz
    Another issue is that my mem clock is set to 600mHz according to Rivatuner on boot up for 3d Apps???? even though I've specified 1202mHz. Also the detect optimal frequency test resets my screen refresh.. which is just a slack bit of programing if you ask me.
    I did notice improved quality in Serious Sam2 the bump mapping was much more detailed on the weapons. COD2 ran smoother & Rthdribl at 640x480-32bit windowed with no multisampling gave back 5 to 7 more frams a sec. But I can't be sure if its all down to the drivers as I've also updated DX9 with Octobers update.

16. bearhat

bearhat Member

GPU:
    3x GeForce 8800GTX
    Okay, evidently I need to elaborate:

The drivers perform just as well as the 92.xx in both 3DMark and games. Variance or no variance, I don't intend to insinuate that the drivers are good just on the basis that there was a 278 point increase; rather, because they aren't worse than the previous drivers---which were great drivers---that in turn affords them the designation of great drivers.

Congrats on the +1.

17. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    I think halo is still the best game doing benchmarks. It gives you an idea of so many things that could be causing low frame rates including a real time graph. And in the end creates a nice text file of results. Hell it takes loading into consideration in the final score.

FEAR is also good since it too takes sound into consideration. I doubt people play without sound. It gives good percentages and framerate ranges in scoring. Only flaw is you need to write it down since its not saved.

Half life 2's is ok but not very good since if the demo is made in a separate version, it won't work . The default runs through static senarios which as we know in that game is rare (ravenholm, anyone?).

Doom 3 is on par with half life 2 since you have no idea whats causing slowdowns unless you enable com_show fps1. The final score is not very helpful either.

other review of other game benchmarking methods are welcome.

18. Makashi_Menace

GPU:
    Ah I see.

By the way,

Thank you :bigsmile:

19. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    how much do you score in SLI ? with those 7100's

20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    try x3 rolling demo, its real at least..that is the only one that really stresses dx9c to its fullest and consistant..stillhavnt figured out why aquamark is still so popular, even my grandma stopped using that thing