Gothic 3 troubles (PSU Related?)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by okcpu, Oct 21, 2006.

1. okcpu

okcpu Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7950 GT
    After trying this game i'm suffering from terrible stuttering lasting upto 3 seconds sometimes but mostly just small consistent stutters. I'm aware that mostly this is down to a poorly optimized game as i have very few issues with any of the latest games so rather than cry about it i am using this game to tweak my system. Reading on the official forums there are many claiming there game is running perfect so there must be a weak link somewhere in my system that is being exposed and if i can find it then all the better for me.

This brings me to the main reason i posted here. I monitored the rails on my PSU while playing Gothic 3 and noticed that while the 12v stays steady at 11,968 while idle it drops to 11,712 while playing Gothic 3. The test was only for a couple of minutes but should i be worried by the results? Is it normal for it to drop this much and if not is there away to keep it more steady?

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  3. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    I'd say that your voltage is fine, defragment your hard drive and be sure that your page file is not fragmented too...

4. okcpu

okcpu Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7950 GT
    I have defragged at least 3 times already. I also disabled my page file to test something then enabled it again and defragging once afterwards.
    My system is performing well, just not with this game. Gothic 3 either has the worst programming ever or i have a PC setting wrong that no other game has exposed in the last year. Help!

P.S. it has me thinking that a 7200RPM hard drive with 8 Meg Cache just doesn't cut it no more.

5. Dominator

Dominator Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7800GTX (490/1300)
    I'd say it's the game coding. Looking at your specs, you should have no problems at all.

6. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Hm.. oh well, then do some .ini tweaks as eclap suggested, increasing the memory cashe size might help here.

7. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    Your PSU is fine, tweaking as mentioned before will be best.

8. okcpu

okcpu Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7950 GT
    Tweaking was the first thing i tried. I'm running at 1024*768 so that shouldn't cause a problem ;) I tried running no AF, medium textures and running more cache to no avail. This is why i'm now looking at my hardware and settings for a tweak rather than the game settings. I can now rule out my PSU :) Ta

9. morfeus02

morfeus02 Guest

GPU:
    GOOD
    try disabling shadows.

i play smooth (30fps) at 1280*1024 everything maxed

and if you do some ini tweak even the boring loading times during the game are reduced

anyway this game need to be fixed