Age old STUTTERING ISSUE AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DryIce, Oct 15, 2006.

1. garikfox

garikfox Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT

Ahh yes, srry, GO ! ASUS !!, LoL

2. DryIce

DryIce Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080TI
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys, i will try them and get back.

While i am here, can sombody tell me what chipset drivers i should be using, i have the asus V6.55 Drivers, and the nforce 6.86.

Cant remember what ones i tried?

And ill look at the peg link, irqs and power deal, have a multimeter here somewhere, oh and how do i move an irq if i need to?

3. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3080 M10G
    What recommened settings for latency tool on my system to remove the stuttering while playing online? No matter what game if there up to 6 players online in runs smooth like hell going to 10 players and more, frames goes down drastically...
    Even in the old MOHAA SH
    And its not the net settings, i have no packet loss, high ping, less rate etc...
    Plz Help

Look at my latency settings....

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  4. HTF

HTF Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Heh I've always had PEG link mode on fastest, oh well it works fine so I'll leave it.

5. DryIce

DryIce Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080TI
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys, i will try them and get back.

While i am here, can sombody tell me what chipset drivers i should be using, i have the asus V6.55 Drivers, and the nforce 6.86.

Cant remember what ones i tried?

ANYBODY???

And ill look at the peg link, irqs and power deal, have a multimeter here somewhere, oh and how do i move an irq if i need to?

6. DryIce

DryIce Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080TI
    OMG this is cack, tested power supply, max drop is to 11.9v under load, peg link makes no difference at all, in any setting, card is on irq 18 on its own.

All drives are in dma mode, mem settings are as they have always been, even under a fresh install, it still judders?, it never used to what the f!

I have noticed this though, it appears to do it in exactly the same places in games, for instance.

In far cry, walk onto the peer, when you walk back off, it stutters like hell as you walk down the ramp, same point every time. Also as you walk by a certain leaf or rock, same one, everytime, but onlt at certain angles????

Same thing with tome raider legend, first level, certain point judder, almost like i said beofre, slow cumbersome movement, but only in certain spots under certasin angles.

This is the weirdest thing ever, so i have a £500 dust collector for a pc.

GRRRRRRRRR.

7. Dominator

Dominator Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7800GTX (490/1300)
    Did you try shutting every unnecessary background process? Like for me BF2 will crash if I have Windows Live! Messenger running in the background.

Anyways, here is a list of all running processes that I have when gaming: (You could probably get rid of few more)

taskmgr.exe
    svchost.exe
    explorer.exe
    spoolsv.exe
    svchost.exe
    svchost.exe
    svchost.exe
    svchost.exe
    lsass.exe
    services.exe
    winlogon.exe
    csrss.exe
    svchost.exe
    smss.exe
    svchost.exe
    System
    System Idle Process

8. DocSEAL

DocSEAL Member

GPU:
    X1950 Pro
    I noticed you listed FC as the game you're having problems with. There is stuttering issues with saved game files on the River level. The complex AI in that level sometimes messes up on a checkpoint. Either restart the level or try just going back one checkpoint.

9. Sailindawg

Sailindawg Guest

GPU:
    Power Color LCS 7970
    Don't give up yet.....Have you checked your RAM timings ?? If all your timings are on Auto, determine where they should be or use A64 Tweaker to see what the Auto values truly are. Reset all RAM auto to what the values are. Retest with a game. if Corsair has a tech site, see what timings they recommend for your cou and motherboard.

Also, regarding the psu, even though it only drops to 11.9V under load, which is still within specification for ATX 2.0 motherboards, how many amps is the psu pushing? If you are pushing <28 Amps on the 12V rail, your psu is not up to the task.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  10. DryIce

DryIce Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080TI
    I dont have a meter that will measure the amps. And im not going to buy one, it was fine before so what has changed?

Also, should i really have to f about like this to play a game???

I will check the mem timings, if that dont work then F*** IT, i really dont give a rats ass, theres more to life than, pc`s with attitude problems, thanks for all your help guys, but this is a lost cause.

Oh and just to let you know how bad its got, fear is unplayable, like 5 frames a sec, pffff of to the pub.

11. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Use driver cleaner in safe mode after uninstalling your display drivers, then reboot back into safe mode and install the latest graphics driver, try the 92.91. If it still doesn't work update your bios. Also do not use the latest nvidia nforce4 driver on your mobo. If you have it installed on your mobo uninstall, and install the latest from asus, and read the red print on the asus driver page about upgrading your chipset driver before bios or viseversa.

12. HTF

HTF Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I still think its HDD related lol but if it is I doubt there is an easy fix tbh.
    What is your pagefiling like? Posting your DXdiag.txt might help us notice any problems, 5 FPS in FEAR is very very low, expecially for your system so there is def something very wrong.....

13. DryIce

DryIce Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080TI
  14. HTF

HTF Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Looks fine, the only slightly dodgy thing is the mass amount of codecs but they are not known to cause problems in most games and not FEAR. I did notice your C: drive is really small which I presume is because you have more than one partition and that one is for windows, I don't know how this could effect gaming but it might.

15. chiefmasterjedi

chiefmasterjedi Guest

GPU:
    SLI 2xEVGA GTX260 core216
    A few posts ago you asked is there was a way to just shut all the unwanted crap down and run bare minium.

Clean Booting
    This is what i use to do when running my old Dell rig and it worked quite well.
    Go START/RUN and type in "msconfig" (without the ""). Choose selective start up, uncheck all the boxes EXCEPT load system services (you'll need them). then go to the services tab at the top and put a check in the hide all microsoft services box at the bottom left, then click disable all button in bottom right. Then click apply and/or ok. your machine will reboot and will be running bare minium services. To revert back to normal just go start/run type msconfig again and check normal startup - load all device drivers and services.

One other thing you can try as well is go START/RUN and type "services.msc". Find automatic updates in the list, double click on it and choose disable in the startup pull down menu. Do the same with background itelligent transfer service. This will stop automatic updates from conecting/downloading and installing while your gaming. Just remember to switch them back on if you go to microsoft's windows updates or you wont be able to find or download patches/updates.

I hope this helps,

Chief.

16. DryIce

DryIce Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080TI
    I think i found a problem, sombody mentioned not to install the nvidia drivers.

Well it seemed some how i have installed them, not sure why as i was running the asus 6.65 drivers, so i uninstalled them re-installed the asus drivers, and its a whole lot better.

Its not perfect by any means but its good enough. My c dirive is small as i split it into 2, one for windows, and one for windows completely bare, nothing running just for games, with this setup, i can play with fairly smooth graphics.

I could close everything down, but i dont want my drive trash by some spyware crap, so seems a good idea to have a seperate games setup, and one internet setup armed to the teeth with cpu hungry protection lol.

Well im pretty happy now, but i do sometimes think im a bit over fussy.