the worse video card i have ever owned help plz>>

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by buzzstock29, Oct 2, 2006.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    When not overclocked yes, but as i said i can't do nothin about it, well it plays Doom III on highest 1280^1024 with 4xaa+16xaf with 70-80 FPS!!!! FEAR same setting except resolution on 1024^728 60-80 FPS!!!!! i had a use leap ahead from my ****ing trashy previous pc, and yes Sempron is not aimed for games and with prices today there is no point of buying it, agreed. but back then what could i do? buy celeron???

2. buzzstock29

buzzstock29 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire x1600pro 256mb pci-e
    the card i got was a good price $119 cdn, plays all games meduim to high settings, also sayiing my card is trash,but its all good, in my books its in the same class as a 7600, there mid range cards u dont expect all high setting with all the eye candy on anways, the bottom line is i baught it, it was a good price, i can still play the lastest and greatest games, but iam looking towards a 7800gtx or x1800xt or up, i notive just recently the prices are getting closer to my range 300, so the time is near, and thanks my x1600 cheapy is doing the job just fine thanks

3. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    Says the guy with the X1600...hang on we're going round in circles. ;)

Id personally go for the 7600GT, I have been very, very impressed by them. By no means are the X1600's terrible cards but there are better (in some cases much better) options available for a similar price. Its mainly down to ATi's current 3:1 shader to texture unit ratio; while it works very well for the high end cards like the X1900XT (slightly less so on the X1900GT but its still very fast), it doesnt seem to work as well for the lower end cards. Bottom line, not great cards, but certainly not terrible, however the 7600GT would get my vote when comparing that segment at this point in time (or an X850XT, still awesome cards).

4. buzzstock29

buzzstock29 Member

GPU:
    no offense moob600, my specs are a little better then what u have all the way around, go get a amd64 processor, then we can talk, whos rig can profrom better hehe, also um pick up some ocz pc3500 2x 1gb kit, well that be compatible with my a8n-e mobo, or should i stick with pc3200??

5. buzzstock29

buzzstock29 Member

GPU:
    i agree, but if your from canada the prices are different, there asking 200 and up, little high for me right now

6. buzzstock29

buzzstock29 Member

GPU:
    personaly ive owned nothing but all nvidia cards in the past, with no problems rock solid, i aint a ati fan ethier but the price was good agian

7. buzzstock29

buzzstock29 Member

GPU:
    opps my bad for sorry the double post hehe

8. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Yes i agree with u , ur overall XP is better then mine but ur x1600pro limit you more than mine 7600GT, so i even not close to good pc you saying i'm sorry that what i could buy and i don't wanna compare it with any other pc cause everyone buying what he can and i'm tired of endless upgrading just to play ****ing game i'm not gonna upgrade soon as there no reason, Vista gonna suck at games which means that the 64 bit version also, and all games now are working great if you think my OC sempron is sucks i suggest u come to me and play games then say whatever you want.
    And btw what's wrong with my memory? 2.5-3-3-5 latency.

9. buzzstock29

buzzstock29 Member

GPU:
    if um correct u have a 754 setup, and a cheapy board, my 939 system is even getting out dated, lol u can tell me about your ram timings all u want, cause really it doesnt matter unless your running daul channel like iam which makes up for your 7600, with all this being said u shouldnt of downed my card, when u shouldnt be talking with your outdated system, p.s my processor is not a xp, more like a athlon 64, which i aint pround of it ethier, which um looking to get, a dual core cpu in the near future

10. Sobek

Sobek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    You know, you don't have to own a fantastic system to understand what mediocre hardware is. I could be typing this up on a Celeron 333 and still know that an x1600 is an average card at best.

And moab600, you can push that Sempron as fast as you want, but even at 2.4ghz it barely holds a candle to a stock 3200+ Venice. It's a crippled budget chip, the Celeron of AMDs and nothing can change that. However a 7600gt is by far superior to an x1600 in practically everything outside of FEAR, so you've got some headway there.

buzzstock29, what makes you think he isn't running in Dual Channel mode? He has 1gb of ram, most likely 2 512mb sticks in dual channel, it's just common sense. And any serious overclocker knows that two smaller sticks of ram operating in dual channel mode offer far more headroom for tighter timings and higher clocks.

Both of you get over it. You each have parts both superior and inferior to each others, but neither of you should hoenstly expect one to outperform the other at any decent rate unless you're truly anal about choosing the perfect drivers and keeping you OS in top shape...which I hardly get the impression of from either of you. Just drop it allready...

11. buzzstock29

buzzstock29 Member

GPU:
    hows a sempron 2800 754 socket better then a lower class 3200 939 venice, i dont see how that possible, also he has a 754 mobo, which only sopports single channel dimms, and for hes 7600 AGP CARD, HOW that any better then a pci-e slot, i think your all smokeing the wacky stuff lol

12. Unity

Unity Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT
    All of you guys who are disrespecting eachother over system spec's are complete morons.

Guys that have completely bad-ass systems dont even act this arrogant.

13. Sobek

Sobek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    Ok, i'm going to lay this all out for you.

I in no way said his Sempron was better than a 3200+ Venice, try reading my post. What motherboard is moab600 using exactly? He's got a 754 Sempron, but a 939 motherboard? I was basing my assumptions on him running dual channel off his supplied specs. I could understand if it were a Palermo core, but something's off there.

You seem to be under the impression that a card merely being AGP instead of PCI-e makes it any worse for wear, how wrong you are. The PCI-e version has a slightly faster core clock, barely anything to write home about. It would be superior if it came factory overclocked, which his doesn't.

You really should just calm down, and stop getting so agressive. It helps. ;)

14. buzzstock29

buzzstock29 Member

GPU:
    well thanks for the correction, but hes whole systems is a 754 single core board, with a agp slot, and for the record i know a few things about overclocking and i aint no noob far from it!!!!, iam done replying thanks

15. Sobek

Sobek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    Never implied that you were man ;)

I'm curious, even with that Apacertech ram you should be easily able to eek out a good 200mhz overclock. Have you tried?

16. buzzstock29

buzzstock29 Member

GPU:
    hell yeah, its not bad for generic ram, had it up too 235fsb, 3.3.3.8 2T
    multi 10x htt at 4, but the highest i could get was 250fsb multi 9x htt 3,3.3.10 1T stable too hehe, not bad for cheapy dimms, considering cosair or ocz calue ram doesnt clock that high

17. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Single chanel yes, AGP SLOT NO!!!! i have PCI-EXPRESS X16 wanna profe? go to gigabyte site write down my mobo and ya will get it.
    And about my rig, i don't see a reason why u so understimate it but actually it is very enjoyable game machine sure it very budget but i couldn't get better and no matter what rig i currently own it's not gonna change the fact that the x1600pro is not good card...

18. buzzstock29

buzzstock29 Member

GPU:
    i have a 754 as a second computer, asus k8v-x, a amd athlon64 3200 clawhammer 2.0 ghz, 160gb sata drive, bfg 6600gt oc 128mb agp, 350watt sparkle psu, 1 gig of kingston value ram, even those specs are better so i wouldnt talk lol

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    You claim that my proccessor is suck suck suck let me prove you that you're wrong:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I was doing it while scanning viruses)Mine results presented in green and orange, i think it's great results for my sucker pc don't you?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  20. buzzstock29

buzzstock29 Member

GPU:
    not really my 754 system can even beat that hehe, shame on u dude, go upgrade your mobo, cpu and ram, then will see