Playstation 3 Launch countdown@Gamespot

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by thecake90, Oct 8, 2006.

1. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
  2. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Ps3 start eary in a few days when gamespot have there after party which they have ps3 demos u can play and u can see it live in 6 days ^_^.

3. Templ

Templ Guest

Couldn't care less about it :p

4. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    awesome
    ps3 is gonna be nice for ppl that can afford it and dont know anything about whats going on with sony :p

5. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC

I couldn't agree more. I don't spend oodles of money on my PC's to waste time with friggin console garbage. I'll take mouse-and-keyboard over those wretched controllers any day of the week.

6. GenerationGXX

GenerationGXX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI
    hey man don't try to diss off some console just because you spend all your money on a pc :)
    consoles have GREAT games IMO.
    with bluray and all that stuff in the ps3, it can make one of the best loking games ever :).

Well, its all about games anyways, some of you pc freaks are all about grpahics and power and just benchmarks everyday. :p

7. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    you know you can use a mouse and keyboard on a PS3 right? so yea.....

I would love to get one but I was told by a Gamestop employee that they probably wouldnt be doing preorders, so I might just get an XBox 360 to hold me over until March or so. It would at least give Sony a chance to iron out any hardware kinks.

8. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I prefer shooters,RPG's and RTS games. These genres are far, far superior on a PC than any other platform. I can't wait until Vista lets PC gamers and Xbox 360 go head-to-head in games like Halo. It's going to be a slaughter. Those crappy controllers are no match for mouse-and-keyboard.

Blu-ray is irrelevant.

http://www.audioholics.com/news/editorials/10reasonsHDDVDsfailed.php

Not many people have high-def TV's to start with so why bother using a PS3 on a normal 640x480 TV?

You can go ahead and call me a PC freak. I'm proud of it. I could absolutely care less about benchmarks. I'm a gamer. There isn't a single console title that can touch Company of Heroes or even Titan Quest IMHO.

Oh well, to each their own.

9. GenerationGXX

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI
    What about MGS? racing games like gran turismo or forza? gears of war? god of war? devil may cry? mass effect? all these console games are great, people are saying like they are all crap and always spends their money on upgrading their pc every year. But if this how they want it, then i suppose this how they will be.

bluray is good for high def tv.
    MOST people should have an hdtv in their house by now, I mean a basic hdtv can cost as low as $600-700.
    and yes its with 720p.

it isn't that hard to buy a new tv when you need to do so.
    plus price drops are speculated in q1 2007, most of the hdtv cost will be decreased by 30%.

you can use keyboard and mouse features on the ps3.
    Don't get me wrong here, i love some of the pc games im playing these days.
    I also have Company of heroes, half life 2, counter strike, and fear.
    all these are great games. But i prefer to play something innovative for once.
    If you play alot of company of heroes, search me up! we can play a match together or somethin..

10. BoomStYx

BoomStYx Banned

Classic Satch, you're the first person i've seen besides myself that understands the benefits of a PC compared to a console, I hate it when people go crazy over consoles and crap but yet, they're getting them to play one game or something, its rediculous. Like some people will only buy a xbox to play Halo, thats a example.

And yeah, keyboard and mouse rock controllers anyday, I don't care how good you say you are with a controller, keyboard and mouse, a mouse like a razor copperhead or logitech g5 will make that controller look like its from the stone age.

And to you Generation, I can afford a console and a PC if I wanted to, but why? PC's can do much much more as far as anything, games, apps, all of that stuff, yeah PC's cost more, but you're getting a hell of alot more than what a console will give you. You're getting the world in your hands and the ability to do as you wish.

I think to any person on here that has been PC gaming for 8+ years on here and has "tried" a console at some point, would probably understand the true morals to PC gaming. Now don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to flame any of you guys that are not experenced, but I just think its rediculous to get a console because you think it has better games than PC, well if thats the case, how about this.

How about, you get off the forums, get off your computer, stop wasting our time with your PC? If the games on whatever console are just so much better, I think that would be the best way to handle it, but if you find yourself still coming to PCs even if you have a console, then you may or may not wake up, you're coming onto your PC for the freedom to do as you wish, instead of just games, but even may play some of the big hit games on PC.

I don't know, I just think consoles are just a little overrated and nowdays as it appears, becomming overpriced, and trying to act too much like PC's when they fail horribly at it, at least Nintendo is trying not to be a PC. They're doing their own thing over there to cator to a true console audience.

And that goes onto my final point, you have two types of gamers, you have, PC Gamers, and you have, Console Gamers, you can't be both, you're either one or the other, the console gamers are usually the younger and less experenced gamers. But not all I guess, but majority rules right?

One last thing, theres nothing wrong with being a console gamer, I have friends that play them, I just find that the more experenced and more knowledable gamers about gaming are PC gamers.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006

11. GenerationGXX

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI
    Okay buddy, your getting this whole idea wrong here.
    we are talking about pc games and console, because consoles are made mainly for playing games only. on the other hand pcs are more advanced, of course, that is why they are relevently more expensive then a console.
    BUT you are talking off topic here, we are talking about the benefits of the games it delivers, not something like the freedom for you to do crap.
    How about if your a gamer, be part of both consoles and pc games? its a point fact that gamers play both pc and console games.
    there is a difference between and video game and a pc game.
    But since the technology is advancing so fast, these days, its hard to keep up whats going on out in the world.
    If pc is so mighty powerful to play games on, why is it the fact that most companies and developers make games for the console? Its a proven fact that most of the developers do their best work on consoles, not everyone can afford a $1500 - $2000 rig just to play games and upgrade constantly. This is why they have consoles, they can play good games while not having to sacrifice their money on hardware upgrades just to play their games smooth and without crashes.

12. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    bwahahahahaha... do you guys try to pick a fight in every thread about the PS3? Coz seriously, it's going from funny, to an annoyance.

I'm an avid PC gamer, and i've been playing for over 9 years. That doesn't mean i can't enjoy console games, now does it? There are games on the PC which are really good, and there are games on consoles which are really good.

What's this i hear about PC gamers and Console gamers? Are we suddenly developing some sort of 'racism' amongst gamers? To hell with that, a gamer plays games, nothing more, nothing less. It's up to a gamer to choose which platform he wants to use.

You know what? I'm waiting for a platform that will plug you right into the game, like the Matrix system (yes, from the movie). Wouldn't that be way better than both the PC or console? So shut up about PC vs. Consoles, and focus on the subject at hand.

13. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    Yawn.......here we go again, at each others throats over a bloody console.

I agree with Templ. I don't care.

14. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Well, I personally don't care a whit for racing games. I live in a rural NASCAR loving area and you couldn't pay me to walk across the street to watch a car race. I also am not interested in 3rd person perspective games whatsoever.

Regarding HDTV, there are still very few households that own one. I could easily afford one but there still isn't enough programming available to justify it. In a year or two most definitely but not right now.

Yeah, COH is a freakin awesome game. But, believe it or not, I'm not getting high-speed Internet for a few more weeks. I've had to endure a year and a half of worthless dial-up and it is horrible. When we bought this house we didn't even think about our Internet access. We just assumed that everybody had to have at least DSL. Boy were we wrong. It should be a law that everyone has to have access to high-speed. To me, it's discrimination. So I'll be able to Internet game quite soon, thank God!

15. compunut

compunut Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7900GT SLI
    i already said this in the previous and i will say this again
    stop going at each other's throats and everyone's opinion is there own
    there is no need to comment on other's opinion at all
    so stop it before it leads to some bad consequences

16. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC

How about this? Mind your own business. :finger: I'm having a perfectly civil give-and-take with another gentleman and your input is irrelevant in this case.

17. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry, couldn't help myself :)