ATI Tray Tools - 1.2.6.940 (discussion)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by Ray Adams, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Praz

Praz Member

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 1900xt
    I cannot enable this. If I check this option and click apply I get a BSOD. Afterwards Windows hard locks randomly. I have worked on this the past couple of days and the only fix is to reload my drive image. Just a heads up for anyone having stability problems after enabling this option. Other then this I have absolutely no problems with Tray Tools/Overdrive.

2. Concorde Rules

Concorde Rules Active Member

GPU:
    ATi HD4870 512Mb 825/1075
    Dude don't start please lol, overclocking on X1900s needs all 4 voltages.

In ATi Tool I can do 860+ mhz with the same voltages for the both mem voltages yet with ATT if I put the same mem voltage is crashes, either because the difference is too big or a software issue. With ATT im limited to 838mhz. Then adding the 4th voltage I can pass 870+mhz.

So you must must must must must must add the 4 voltages if you want to keep us X1900s users happy :) I really dont want to go back to ATi Tool.

Cheers :)

3. ElfjeTwaalfje

ElfjeTwaalfje Guest

GPU:
    HD4850toxic & HD3850 512M
    Hi, can anybody help me out with the inverted fan problem a few posts back. ATI TT starts to freak me out. Very unreliable in the fan settings area. Hate to remove it, but frying my GPU is not an option. Any alternatives to ATITT?

4. Praz

Praz Member

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 1900xt
    This happened to me a little bit ago. I have no idea why. I restarted the computer and it's back to working fine.

5. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Simple solution until Ray fixes everything he can: Use both ATT and ATi Tool.

ATT for graphics settings and such, and ATi Tool for OC'ing/Temp Monitoring and even stability testing (3D View), that's what I am doing right now.

6. Praz

Praz Member

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 1900xt
    Except for the one time incident above this latest release has worked flawlessly. And if you had a 1900 series card you would know that 3d view in ATI Tool is useless. If people didn't use this release of Tray Tools how would Ray know of any problems.

7. dDub

dDub Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC
    still no word on if Crossfire is in the future of ATT?

I was enjoying my initial test of ATT until i realized a few hours in there is no Crossfire support... which unfortunately made me uninstall.

With ATI Tool you can manually set clocks, but it's a pain, a bit unstable, and need to be set again manually each startup.

Just wanted to know if it's at least on any future blueprints ...

8. spirals

spirals New Member

GPU:
    1900xt
    I am new to ATT, but I thought I would give it a try. I have a 1900xt.
    I am having the same problem I was having with ATItool. - With the 6.9 cats, anytime I start a 3d app or a video file, my clocks reset to 500/594.
    I have tried with the hotkey poller on and off, but have the same results.
    Is there an option I am missing, or is there no way to stop this?

Thank you, p.s. A nice program and forums you guys have here.

9. Praz

Praz Member

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 1900xt
    Use ATI Overdrive 3 and leave Hotkey Poller enabled.

[​IMG]

10. spirals

spirals New Member

GPU:
    1900xt
    Ok, so I dont do anything with the hardware-overclocking settings tab?
    Only use the overdrive settings?
    Does overdrive only up the clocks when a 3d application is loaded,because when i set the clocks in that tab it doesnt reallychange them.

Sorry for sounding like such a noob btw =)

11. Praz

Praz Member

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 1900xt
    1. The hardware overclocking settings are not needed.
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    It's fully automatic.

12. ATi7500

ATi7500 Guest

GPU:
    R7 Graphics
    My 1800XL has support for Overdrive 3 (tested with CCC) but ATT seems to don't know it :(

13. spirals

spirals New Member

GPU:
    1900xt
    Praz, Thank you for your help. i appreciate it.

I have the overdrive working, the OSD shows me its working.
    Thing I dont understand for now is when I oc it my 3dmarks seem to be going down. I will keep testing.

14. skassa

skassa Member

Hello Ray, the next version is capable to maintain 2d memory timing with new overclock method? (latest ati tool is capable). Thank you for your tool, is the best every new version.

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=timingmv9.jpg

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  15. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    What do you mean? ATT in new method will just overclock your board, using Catalyst itself. How timemings will work, I don't know.

16. ATi7500

ATi7500 Guest

GPU:
    R7 Graphics
    overclocking X1k series memory through drivers method (eg with the Overclocker or CCC method) results in relaxing timings automatically: in this way you can reach higher frequencies but the performance won't be so much higher than the default. You can check it by using Rabit and editing a bios: take a list with the original timings, try to crank up the memory frequency, save the bios, open it and see how timings has changed.
    ATi Tool doesn't relax timings cause it is working at low level ;)

17. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Good information.

What's the difference in (1) 3dmarks and (2) max memory clocks, if you clock the memory to the max stable with overdrive/driver level overclocking (example:1111 mhz, which is what the memory is rated for), and "low level" hardware overclocking, which prevents relaxed timings? Please assume you are clocking the memory to the max possible without artifacts.

(you guys do understand what I just asked, right?).
    (if you don't what I'm asking is, what is the difference in 3dmarks if you overclock to the max mem w/o artifacts, with "tight" timings (low level), compared to the max mem w/o artifacts, with driver level (overdrive) timings? And what are the max clocks for each overclock?

18. spirals

spirals New Member

GPU:
    1900xt

Sounds like a case of 6 in one hand, and half a dozen in the other. Most likely a case of finding the max clock for either option.

19. puntarenas

puntarenas Active Member

GPU:
    Mad Moxx X1900XT 512MB
    Isn't it the same with ATTs manual overclocking options you gain by disabling "ATI Hotkey Poller"?

20. Praz

Praz Member

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 1900xt
    Yes. If Hotkey Poller is disabled the timings do not change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.