Vista (5728) No drivers Needed !

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by garikfox, Sep 26, 2006.

1. garikfox

garikfox Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
  2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    with such a small difference in build number, i don't see any major reason to spend the 3GB of bandwidth to download that one too. can't MS think of a better way to get these small updates out to the public? sometimes there's a new build a month, others there's a new build every few days.

3. pai1n

pai1n Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT XXX Edition
    Out of all the builds of Vista everyone since I started testing back in january 5724 has been the most stable most reliable build. Now I can game on vista something I could not do with anyother builds, my webcam,all my programs run just great and and now debating wether or not to run vista as my main OS thats how serious I am taking this build 5724 coming from 5600. As far as bandwidth goes its not a waste of badwidth at all only if your another country say africa were they have quotas on how many gigs u can use per month depending on how much you pay per month.

4. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well.... i TECHNICALLY don't have a limit.... but usually if i go too far over 50GB in a month, i get a letter saying that my usage would be monitored, and if the bandwidth usage continued, i'd be asked to upgrade my service to either one of the higher speed packages, or upgrade to a business broadband service (which we all know costs a freakin FORTUNE). if it still continued and no upgrade was made, there is a possibility that they'd terminate my service. so yeah... i'm already damn near that 50GB in a month.... though i might download it anyway.... it's the end of the month.... i've gone a hair over 50GB several times. the only time i got a letter was when i had like... 75GB downloaded in a month. think that was the one time when MS released a few builds of Vista that month.... plus downloading other stuff, like anime and such.

5. garikfox

garikfox Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    U serious there still charging for extra bandwidth, Thats sad....

Anyway....I wish I had the ISO of 5734, To me A new Build of a OS from M$ is like gold waiting to be mined !, lol

6. garikfox

garikfox Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    FYI - 5739 Vista has been seen.

7. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    no. not charging for extra bandwidth in terms of maximum ammount that can be downloaded a month. charging for faster UL/DL speeds. the service my mom's payin for now is 3Mbit down/ 256k up for $36.95/mo. the next step up is 7Mbit down/800k up for $41.95/mo. basically they're saying pay more a month or we end your service. a friend of mine (who also has recieved the same letter) said that he heard it's pretty much just a threatening scam to try to make people pay more a month for a faster service so they don't worry about their connection being dropped.

GOD do i want that 7Mbit though..... would LOVE to download at roughly 700KB/s

8. pai1n

pai1n Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT XXX Edition
    your isp sux then, I am on comcast 8mb/768 pkg and I can tell u this much I dl an avgerage of about 100-150gigs a month and that is a lil bit compared to some I know who avg 300+gigabytes a month, I have gotten no letters and been with em bout 1 year :)

9. Z3R0-CooL

Z3R0-CooL Active Member

GPU:
    2 BFG GTX285
    yes i am sure i am using nvraid..... did u load drivers or anything during installation??? ..

10. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Pai1n: you also probably have a choice between more than one broadband ISP too. the one i have now is pretty much the only ISP that provides broadband in my area. so they kinda have a monopoly going here.

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Better way is just to extract it to hdd and install it inside Windows.

12. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    You're saying the drivers with 5728 for nvidia are better performers than the 96.33 that nvidia has?

13. savalord

savalord Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC 512mb 625mhz
    Well I am still getting a score of 1.0 on the graphics with the Geforce 7600gsOC, The weird thing is I can use the Aero Theme while the score is at 1.0 and get all the features that come with it. I wonder if I should go back to a previous vista build or try reinstalling this build again.

14. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    if it's a brand new video card, then Vista itself may not have support for it. a couple builds pre-RC1 i could install, but couldn't do anything with, because for some dumb reason it created a nonexistent second desktop and set it as the primary display, so the only thing that showed up on my REAL monitor was the build info and the cursor. think it was because of the nForce 500 chipset at that time.... maybe SLI'd 7900GT's also had somethin to do with it.... dunno.

15. savalord

savalord Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC 512mb 625mhz
    Yeah but the thing is, Vista does recognize the card and installs the drivers for it. And I also used the nvidia drivers for vista too which recognized the card. and I have it at 1280x1024 32bit color with Aero Glass effects on, but still when I do the scores I get a 1 on graphics. There is something that seems quite unusual, in the video drivers they had...

card video memory: 512mb
    system video memory: 0mb
    virtual memory:

I am at work right now but when I get home I will put up the exact wording that I got..

16. pai1n

pai1n Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT XXX Edition
    yep this is what I am saying at least for me .. I have two monitors and with 96.33 drivers when ever i try and start ut2k4 or even send another window to second monitor I start getting artifacts bad, ut will run at like 10-15fps lol,so I recomend stick with what vista has its from nvidia anyway.

17. pai1n

pai1n Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT XXX Edition
    Yep I do hehe, I been there used to live almost way out in boonies only one provider there too so its ok.

18. noobie dude

noobie dude Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX 8800 GT OC 512MB
    does this os support the 7950GX2? I couldn't get RC1 to install all the way because of this.

19. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    FYI ya it will work with the gx2, but its finiky. In a nutshell vista wont install with a gx2 in the system. But if you install vista with a different card, and then put your gx2 in after vista has been installed and booted once. Then it will work.

Thats what others are saying.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  20. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    having no system video memory is normal. If you add system memory there is no performance increase. I tested it on my system the other day actualy.