EVGA IS the BEST!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Scythe224, Sep 18, 2006.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    uuh.... i don't believe it does... though i'm not 100% sure. never really looked into that. one i know does is XFX... cause they have the Double Lifetime warranty.

Rick James: it's quite simple actually. when you buy the card, you register it on the eVGA website with the serial number, product number, etc... Then, if a new video card is released within 90-days of the date you purchased the video card, you can step up to the new card. all you have to do is go to the support section of their site, select "Step-Up Program", click start the step up process link at the bottom of the page, and it'll ask you which card you have registered on your account you would like to step up from, and which you would like to step up to. If i remember correctly.... it will then ask you how much you paid for the card, and where you purchased it from, and also what type of shipping method you want them to ship the card back with the prices for each shipping method listed to the side. you choose the shipping method, and the next screen shows you the amount you said you paid for the card (which get's taken off the price of the new card.... not how much it costs at the time of entering the step-up process), how much the new card costs, how much the shipping method you chose costs, and how much it will cost you out-of-pocket (cept for the charge of shipping your card to them). you submit the claim, and when your spot in the queue comes up (which if it's a just-released card... there's usually a queue), they will e-mail you and ask you to send them some sort of proof of your ownership of the card, such as a reciept from where you purchased it from that shows the model number of the card, and that it's an eVGA card. once they verify it and accept the Step-Up, they send you another e-mail consisting of a printable label for the outside of the box that has a barcode, step-up process number, etc... you ship the card to them, they verify that it's in working condition (which usually takes a day... two at most.... the guy who i talked to from eVGA told me it can vary depending on how many submissions for the step-up there were), and ship you the new card.

it sounds kinda long and drawn out when you read it, but all-in-all it's a rather fast process from point A to point B. not including the queue i was in, i think it was all said and done within a week's time. and if i didn't say this before... if you do end up in a queue, as long as you are still in the queue (i.e. don't opt out of the step-up process) when your 90-days runs out, you are still eligible. but once that 90 days arrives.... you're done if there isn't a new card to step up to.

Deadman: well...... TECHNICALLY it's the Bio Force Gun. "Big F***ing Gun" is the name that the general public gave it since..... well..... it's a big f***ing gun.

2. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

90 days only. that's pretty useless isn't it. do you have to register when you buy the card, or can you wait a year for example then register, then if a new video card is released after 90 days from that date, you get a new card.

also , from their site, it seems like they only ship to US and Canada. damn. and no ATI. only nvidia.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  3. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    They go by the date on your invoice or receipt, so it is 90 days from the day you bought it.

4. Romano

Romano Member Guru

GPU:
    9800 GTX
    eVGA is a rock.....

5. Emachine

Emachine Banned

GPU:
    Diablo tek Geforce 6600
    XFX pwns Evgay with thier DOuble Life time warranty.

6. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAX1900XTX 512MB + VF-900
    Be quiet Emachine, you don't know what you're talking about.

7. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    hmm.... let's dive into that a bit more, shall we Emachine?

-XFX-
    Double Lifetime Warranty: lifetime warranty transfers over to whomever you sell the card to

-eVGA-
    Step-Up program: upgrade to a new card, if a new card is released, within 90-days of purchase, and get every cent of what you paid for the card put towards the purchase of the new card
    Warranty: available for only one year... but if your card is defective, they will... and i quote:
    Let me ask you this, Emachine.... if you were to buy an XFX card... would YOU see any benefit of the DOUBLE lifetime warranty? didn't think so. much rather have a chance to Step-Up than have a lifetime warranty for me and whoever may or may not buy my card. besides... usually if your card works for the first 3 months... it'll last quite a while. and if it ceases to work within a year, you get a new card. i don't think i've EVER needed a "Lifetime" warranty. and a lot of times when you see those, they're only in effect until the product is discontinued. granted it's not often a product is discontinued.... but look what happened with some of the cards in the 7800 series.

edit: OOOH, and i forgot to mention that eVGA's warranty also covers replacement of the stock cooling fan. last i checked, XFX's warranty don't..... hell.... BFG's don't even cover it.

8. pentastar111

pentastar111 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 285's (SLI)
    EVGA all the way. I won't get anything else.

9. Deadman93723

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    I think XFX puts a double lifetime warranty on their products because people get them and see how bad the quality is and decide to sell it. Frankly I put XFX in the same catergory as PNY. BFG has high quality products and a lifetime warranty, but do not cover aftermarket heatsinks. But eVGA has very good quality, lifetime warranty, step-up, and they don't give a s**t if you put an aftermarket cooler on it, as long as you put the stock hsf back on when you RMA it. eVGA has been very good to me, even through 2 RMA's, yes, I have switched yo BFG, but eVGA and BFG are the only 2 brands I would ever buy. I have had both XFX and PNY, and at the time thought they were good cards, until I got my first eVGA, then a saw the light.

10. Emachine

Emachine Banned

GPU:
    Diablo tek Geforce 6600
    First i would like to see a source to back up what u said. Umm what would i see with a double lifetime warranty? If i sell it on EBay a buyer would be more likely to purchase it for the Double lifetime warranty.

11. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    .....mmhmm.... i think people buy cards off of eBay in hopes that they work.... not for an advertised Double Lifetime Warranty. Maybe so you can sell it on eBay after RMA-ing it several times and deciding not to put up with the headache anymore.

edit: and you want to see a source about which part that i said? the warranty after replacing a heatsink? that XFX's warranty doesn't support that? what? elaborate a bit when you ask a question.

12. Emachine

Emachine Banned

GPU:
    Diablo tek Geforce 6600
    ok so if thier was two used 7600 gts and 1 had a life time warranty and one didnt which would you buy?

13. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    depends on the name. if it were a PNY and an XFX, i'd buy the XFX for the sole reason that i've had nothing but trouble with PNY. if it were XFX and eVGA or Leadtek or Asus or hell... even BFG, i'd avoid the XFX one. why? because for all you know the reason it's being sold is cause it DID have problems, and was giving the person a headache. people aren't gonna put in the info for the sale "yeah... this has been giving me so many problems, maybe someone else will have more luck". they're going to lie... say it works good, and when the person recieves it, they'll say that it was working fine when they had it. look at all the scams that happened when the 360 was released. people had an auction for what people saw as being the entire system, even though the auction clearly said it was for an Xbox 360 Box.

i don't think i'd EVER buy hardware from eBay. might SELL my hardware there if i have to, but will never buy from there, unless it's somethin really cheap, like a dust filter.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  14. Deadman93723

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Ebay is a gamble, but not always a bad thing, I have my eVGA 6800GS for sale on there right now, and I know for a fact it works great. But anyways the double lifetime warranty is not as great of a perk as people might think, I have yet to have a bidder ask me if the card I am selling has a warranty. Most of them are drawn to the fact it is an eVGA card, from what I have seen so far.

15. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090

Step up program, which XFX and everyone else doesn't have.

http://www.evga.com/stepup/default.asp?switch=3

Ocing it does NOT void the warranty.

http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=55

Replacing HS does NOT void the warranty.

http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=49

Hmmm where does XFX say you can replace the HS and not void the warranty?? Oh that's right if you do, you void the "double" warranty. Do your research before you try to badmouth eVGA.

Buying on ebay is 50/50 chance you take that the owner is telling the truth. Yeah I'm sure if they're dumb, they'll buy it. If they're smart they'll ask to see if you attempted to mod it with a aftermarket HS or not. People who like to OC usually replace the stock HS. So that "double" warranty doesn't mean jack, when most buyers know the original owner is more than likely to OC it and replace the HS.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006

16. Stinger78

Stinger78 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    When I bought my XFX 7900GTX Extreme version from eBay, it was in a sealed box and was 100 dollars cheaper than any 1900XTX card. I figured saving around 100 dollars but getting pretty close benchmark and overall game speed / quality wasn't a bad deal.

Since I got it in May, I have had no issues with it.

However, I have had issues with updating to each new driver. (This was solved by not running a certain program (that shall remain nameless) at the same time as playing any games.

The next card I buy will be after Vista comes out, and when I can't run any game smoothly at 1280x1024 with 0AA.

Overall I have been satisfied with it and I'm surprised that so many people had so many issues with their cards. Maybe I just got lucky.

17. Darkasantion

Darkasantion Master Guru

GPU:
    Club 3D HD5870 1035/1325
    Do these rules also count in the EU/The Netherlands?

18. Scythe224

Scythe224 Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY xLr8 470 stock
    WOW This turned into a catfight didnt it My BAD

19. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    not your fault, Scythe, just Emachine being an idiot.

20. Ti4800

Ti4800 Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 512 KO
    All this eVGA praise is a bit much. Sure eVGA has a great policy but they're not alone.

BFG also have a lifetime warranty (well at least on 7900GTX's and the GX2). I had a tech question for them last week, I received a reply within 1 hour!

Beat that:finger: