EVGA IS the BEST!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Scythe224, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Don't need to, my BFG 7800GS runs at 34C idle and 44C load, now I think I know why there really aren't any aftermarket coolers for the 7800GS, don't need them.

When it comes to the step-up or warranty replacment cards it is hit or miss whether you get a refurbished or new card.

2. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    When you step up you arent getting a refurb you are getting a new card.

All 7800GS run cool because of the low voltage.

3. w 4 f f l e s

w 4 f f l e s Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD7870 2GB
  4. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

does any other company use that step up program.

5. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    As long as they work and stay working for awile Im say who cares if they are recertified.

6. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    I've been rating about how good they are for ages... noones ever seemed to care.
    People always came back with "BFG is better" or something.

Hah! BFG charges you an extra 30$ for the tiniest of OC's.

7. Juggalo_X

Juggalo_X Member Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 7900GTX (SLI)
    i work as a technician and we rma about 3 BFG cards for every evga one, although recently a lot of seven series cards went back to due to faulty memory of course.

8. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    I'm hoping and praying like mad that the G80 comes out before 2007!! Then I can trade up, assuming they are better then my current 7950GX.

9. Deadman93723

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    I can believe it, I had my BFG 7800GS 3 days, and had to RMA it. Thank God Tiger Direct does cross shipping.

10. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Armoured: to answer your question.... no, no other company that i know of does anything like the Step-Up program.

i think the reason people LOVE BFG is because of.... well.... the name. honestly i'm kinda surprised that the makers of Doom didn't sue BFG.... unless they already did, and BFG agreed to pay royalties.... which could explain the slightly higher price. there's a lot better alternatives to BFG.... with a lot better warranties. eVGA for one.

11. ProfBP

ProfBP Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    I have been extreamly impressed with my eVGA 6800GS. I had an issue with some of the contact tape peeling off the card, and they replied to my inquaries very quickly, and since I put a VF-700cu on it it was not an issue since noting was going through that threaded hole.

Also I have very impressed by their cooler designes. Most compaies only have to HSF stock cooler that just worked on the CPU and not the memory, but eVGA's covers the memory, and is in most cases copper. In fact when I replaced the stock HSF, I only noticed a 1-2 degree C drop! But the card's fan did get loud when it ran at hihg RPMs for a while, gues it needed some lube, but oh well.

I will deffinatly be useing eVGA agian.:invasion:

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    That was the most stupid thing ive heard...

I live in America and I would not abuse it either.

13. Deadman93723

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    HaHa, yeah BFG9000, does that stand for "Big F***ing Gun":biggun:
    Anyway, the only reason I picked BFG over eVGA was a $50 rebate, otherwise, I was going to get an eVGA, I love their service.

14. E.J.Smith

E.J.Smith Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce Titan
    EVGA is without a doubt the best as far as customer support goes in the industry. I bought my 7800 GS CO Superclock upon release back in February.

I was one of those afflicted with the spontaneous reboot problem. I reported the problem and I was contacted directly by Mario, one of EVGA's techs. First, Mario suggested a few things to try to remedy the problem. He was open to a few theories I had about why the problem was occuring. When our attempts toresolve the problem didn't work, Mario placed me in line for an RMA card with a revised bios. I received the replacement card within a week.

Although the revised bios in second card solved the problem and the card has been great ever since (knock wood) , Mario contacted me by phone twice just to make sure that my replacment card was working okay. That experience was completely unprecedented in my years of involvement in this industry.

EVGA cards may not always be perfect but then which company's are? They still go above and beyond to assure customer satisfaction.

15. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    Damn. My BFG 68GTOC must be a godsend. I've had this card for almost a year and a half with no problems. Been through major power outtages...brownouts, and still keeps ticking. I will be upgrading to a 79KO soon, though. :)

16. armhunter

armhunter Master Guru

GPU:
    x2 EVGA 7800GTX 256 ACSĀ³ SLI
    I changed to EVGA when the 6800 series came out. I will never switch again.

EVGA is the best.. you can even overclock their cards and they are still covered...

You might spend a little more on an EVGA card, but lifetime warranty is well worth it...

17. Darkasantion

Darkasantion Master Guru

GPU:
    Club 3D HD5870 1035/1325
    Well, my next card will be EVGA for sure! Thanks to their great technical support.

Question: Does their policy also apply in the EU?

18. Rick James

Rick James Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 gt @ 425/1120
    I'm thinking my next video card will be an EVGA also. I've gotten a Leadtek the past two times and I haven't been very happy with them...

How exactly does the step up program work?

19. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    ^ Another question on top of his: Does the lifetime warranty apply for 2nd hand video cards? I'm buying my friend's 79KO off him for 200.

20. armhunter

armhunter Master Guru

GPU:
    x2 EVGA 7800GTX 256 ACSĀ³ SLI
    I am sure it does