[Vista] Trouble installing Unreal Tournament 2k4

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by pai1n, Sep 17, 2006.

1. pai1n

pai1n Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT XXX Edition
    *K guys this is 3rd forum I've posted to see I can get issue resolved there was not a single reply on those other to hoping I can get on one here.**

Hey guys I am running Vista RC1 32bit and I was dual booting beta 2 previously before when it was available then deleted that partition and wend back to xp. On beta 2 ut2k4(dvd) installed fine no problems, even had to right click exe to be able and tick run as administrator to be able to have settings I made within the game "stick"( before every time I would start ut had to config my binds for weapons and sensitivity).
    Now that having being said ut wont even install I get the prompt if i want to run installer but nothing happens I wait few min and still nothing even disabled User acount control and rebooted and tried again, I'm stumped here and was wondering if any of you have this issue with other games? Also now I dont even have the option to right click any .exe for any program and choose run as administrator. I only have ut2k4 no other games. Other than these issues this build is very stable and faster , also uses less ram on start up. All help really appreciated,thanks in advanced

2. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    If you have a dual boot of Vista and xp, then install it on xp and find the exe for it. Run it from that. That is what I have done with all my games.

3. pai1n

pai1n Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT XXX Edition
    :eek: u can do that?

4. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    You should be able to, I was. I run HL2 and CS source from the one I installed on XP; however, it is not as fast as xp for me. It has a real stutter to it, but I am sure that is just because of the drivers being very immature. I want to install Oblivion and try that out, just haven't yet.

5. pai1n

pai1n Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT XXX Edition
    kk will give it shot

6. pai1n

pai1n Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT XXX Edition
    its a no go ... get error.. cd key apears to be invalid please reinstall game to fix problem.

7. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    The question you have to ask, is "Is this really important?"

Because Vista is still being developed, everyone feels that RC1 is more like a Beta4, and didn't deserve the title, but in true Microsoft rushing, they did it anyway.

If the game doesn't work, and you've tried 3 forums, do you think you should maybe give it a rest? It's Vista, it still has a lot of work, it's not like it's a full release yet and your having problems.

My thoughts anyway.

8. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Well I see your point of view, Finch, but I see his as well. I just wanted to see if I could get some games to work for the sake of fun. To me it is fun just to try and find a way to make a game work, even if I know I will not play it on Vista. I was having trouble finding a way to get CSS to work, but I figured it out and I had fun doing it. I cannot play it well on Vista, however.

9. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Yea, I mean if you've tried all the usual things like running them in compatibility mode, running them off another partition, making sure all the updates are on, even make sure the Vista is up-to-date from the Windows Update.

Then you might be better just waiting, or move onto the next game.

It's not really all that optimized yet, so games won't be running all that sweet.