Gaming Headphone...

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by NeTbLasT, Sep 11, 2006.

1. NeTbLasT

NeTbLasT Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi Mobility Radeon 9700 64MB (OC)
    Hi guys,

Wanna get a gaming headphone for playing CS, DotA, GuildWars and bla bla bla....

Please advise....

2. Fruitrience.hk

Fruitrience.hk Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 2900XT 512MB - Dell 2407FPW
    Please advise us your budget...

3. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    I just bought some Zalman ZM-RS6F+M from overclockers for £25 they are 5.1 surround they seemed like a bargain and have some good reviews. My friend has some sehniesser (spelling?) pc160 and pc150 and they are both quality headphones but there is a fairly noticeable difference between the 2.

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    I'd go with a Sennheiser PC160 :) I have on myself, and it's doing REALLY great :D Very nice quality stuff ;)!

5. NeTbLasT

NeTbLasT Master Guru

GPU:
    What about the Logitech Gaming Headset?

6. ^BF2^MilkMan

^BF2^MilkMan Member

GPU:
    XFX / 7900 GT Extreme / 256mb
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  7. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    I recently bought these. SENNHEISER DJs HD212 and i am very happy with them. Although a little big to carry with my lappy but great sound

8. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    why people use headphone when speakers are better. ya live in a house by your self and yet, ya dont use your speakers for gaming. i live in a apt and i got people living next door to me and i use my speakers.

9. ^BF2^MilkMan

^BF2^MilkMan Member

GPU:
    I actually don't have a preference. I would rather invest more money in headphones because I go to lot of LAN parties and stuff. I need mobility. Plus I don't live alone so it would just be rude of me to use speakers at 3 am, you know? If I have headphones I can use the same volume level anytime. It actually is a lot of fun to game with a good set of 5.1 or even 7.1 speakers.

10. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    if you get some good quality headphones then its just as good as through the speakers if not better especially if you have noise canceling headphones, because its all you will be able to hear. Games like F.E.A.R and Doom 3 benifit from this quite well.

11. NeTbLasT

NeTbLasT Master Guru

GPU:
    Razer Barracuda is just the right HP for me... It matches my Razer DiamondBack mouse $ Razer Exactmat mousepad...

How much is the prize in US $???

12. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
  13. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    I have the same as Micketh, and I love my Zalman Headphones. They look awesome too. I play CSS and Dota too :)

14. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Just make sure you select full closed ones. Others are pretty much crappy.
    Also if possible check their bass tolerance. Some tend to go bad when there is too much bass and all you're hear is that plastic noise like when subwoofer is overbassed. Other than this you can get quiet good ones for very small $ amount. I got myself some pretty cheap Pioneer headphones for like 35 euros and they sound great. Also excellent with my X-Fi. Hard to beat for the price really.

15. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I use E-Dimisonal Force Feedback headsets for gaming. I had them for a long time and they do there job. I paid like 41 dollars for them.

I dont really use my speakers that much because I mosty addictied to the CMS 3D headphone option on my sound card. Some times if I get tired of wearing my headphones I will Plug up my speakers.

The mic on them works fine. The mic could be better with being more adjustable. but atleast it works.

The headsets have 2 sub drivers one on each side of the headphones. They pickup hz that you dont hear to do the force feedback. So far it works well.

16. Phalkon30

Phalkon30 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 GT @ 420x1175 /water
    I used to use speakers at LAN's, but then realized that headphones give you much better spatial awareness. They help block out backround noise. Its also annoying for my 4 roomates when we're playing in the same room and I have speakers on, the others don't.

Ever tried using a microphone with speakers while on ventrilo? You can get some really nasty echos and crap like that.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836508101 ( iCEMAT Black Siberia ) is what I'm using. They were a lot more when I bought them though. They're extremely comfortable, even after several hours (and on my big head). The sound isn't overly bass heavy and has an overall crisp and clean sound. The microphone is a clip on, but if I clip it part way down my shirt (about 2-3 buttons down) it's got a very nice sound. I've noticed that it almost picks up too much at times (backround noise at LAN's).

I absolutely love these headphones. The only thing I worry about is they seem a little flimsy. I don't understand why they used such an expensive feeling cable, and then used plastic mounting brackets.

17. ^BF2^MilkMan

^BF2^MilkMan Member

GPU:
  18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    - Sennheiser HD280 (not the best sound ever but great soundstage and good to hear feetsteps in games)
    - Sennheiser HD212 DJ (same as 280, just a little less from everything)
    - Sennheiser HD595 (haven't tried these yet but alot of people I know like them

Don't buy the HD650 for gaming, they kick some serious ass for movies and music but they're expensive, need a good amp and they're not as good for gaming as the HD280.

The Zalman is crap, can barely handle a decent amount of bass when playing UT2004 and blasting around shock combo's!! :D

The HD280 also blocks sounds from the outside quite well, the HD595 is an open design.

For more decent info it'll be better that you visit the head-fi forums, as they know alot more about headphones then me (I only have experience with sennheisers and gaming headsets).

I can tell you though, forget all the logitech/zalman/Razor/... crap, they make good coolers and mice but hell they're bad when it comes down to headsets.

ATM I use the HD280 for gaming and my HD650 for music/movies.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  19. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    LOL......i bought my Sennheiser HD212 DJ because i liked them. I guess it was pure luck though. I know that i am not exchanging those anytime soon.

20. nomunk

nomunk Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680
    uh u don't know what the hell ur talking about, the Zalman 5.1 headphones are some of if not the best 5.1 headphones out period, Zalman just got it right when it came to making these 5.1 headphones go read the reviews instead of showing unknowledgable favoritism