United 93

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by 0blivious, Sep 14, 2006.

1. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I just finally saw this movie a few minutes ago and felt compelled to make a thread.

United 93 has to be one of the most intense movies I have ever seen. It was tastefully done, it doesn't make any political statements and is, in my opinion, a real tribute to the heroism of the people onboard that flight. It really felt as close as you could get to being onboard the plane with them. As the morning's chaotic events unfolded, it totally brought me back to 9/11. I was very uncomfortable in my seat watching it, and I could feel the hair on my body standing up. I teared up a couple of times during it.

People may say this movie came too soon, and I fully respect that opinion. But I think for some, there will never be enough time to fully heal from that harrowing day. It was very difficult for all of us, and it obviously hit closer to home for some.

Rather than plageurize this, here's a viewer review that I completely agree with:

2. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Oh, i thought it was pretty crappy, as its all made up, as they'll never know what really happened.

3. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    not bad movie at all, but i don't beleive it was all completly true, 9/11 was an sure sad event that well all remember, and it'll be in future history books, but i do beleive government is hiding something, i mean my cousin has been in iraq for 2 1/2 years right now.. still there. haha at the ending though.. mister terrorist pilot "ALLAH WUT WUT" "ALLAH WUT WUT"

4. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    now you know from where i got the ALLAH AKBAR sound in my F.E.A.R videoclip posted couple days ago :D

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=197394

i saw Flight 93 and United 93, the 1st is made for TV the 2nd is made for big screen, United 93 is the best one for me because there isn't much music and it focus on the action while Flight 93 focus is on the emotional part (no wonder since it's made for TV) with lots of women crying and lots of heartfelt speech inside and outside the airplane. the ending also is completely different in both movies and again i loved the UNITED 93 ending (won't spoil it for you).

i highly recommend to watch both if you have the chance. :)

UNITED 93 : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475276/

FLIGHT 93 : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481522/

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006

5. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    Biggest load of propaganda driven BS i have ever seen to come out of Hollywood.-
    And that's as far as the scenario goes. On to the movie it's self as a movie, terrible acting, horrible script. All in all, just a kick in the balls to who ever lost their loved one's on that flight.
    The movie should be banned and the director/script writer shot, for blatenly exploiting a tragedy.

6. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    I like to feel better after I* watch a movie, thanks

7. nforced4good

nforced4good Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GTX
    i know what happened,

plane got hijacked.

plane crash into building

large boom

plane explode,

30-60mins later the WTC buckled under the extreme heat of the explosion and collapsed.

people died.

im over it, people die everyday and i don't see movies getting made for them.

can i ask a question,

why the hell is there a movie being made about an incident that killed 3000-3500 people, yet i haven't seen any thing about the tsunamis that killed Hundreds of thousands of people.

...i can tell you why... its becoz america thinks its the biggest and greatest country in the world..

i'll tell you now,. ITS WRONG :D austrlia has everything america has, PLUS MORE!, even finch wizard will agree with me on that,

our unemployed get paid thanks to systems in place, isntead of being given foodstamps.

thanks to our medicare system, we don't need to provide insurance for medical attention at hospitals. (thank god for that,... else my rents woulda had to fork out 10 -15,000 dollars to have my face reconstructed.)

anyways.

i won't see this movie, its just making money from the fact people died, and that is the worse thing anyone can ever do,.. i doubt its even tastefully done,

IMO, unless they can make an accurate representation,.. im not going to see it.

atleast with WW1 and 2 movies there is documented proof of what happened, so we can see what happened.

but the way this happened, and to make a movie out of it is just pointless.

...err.. hmm.. i think i just went through about 15 different topics. :|

....i don't mean any offense to the dead or anything, but they aren't my relatives or anyone i know, so it means little to me, to me its just alot of people that happened to die, same as with the tsunami, if i let this get to me, then i would let everything get to me and i'd never be able to live my life.

still, if someone i knew had died,.. i'd be the first to pickup a gun and go hunting for terrorists in pakistan...

8. senior98

senior98 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 8800GT 512mb
    biggest crock of Sh** i ever laid my eyes on. it was just horrid.

9. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    lmao ive got it here and i was going to watch it but i dont know now.

10. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Your an Idiot, United 93 is the one that crashed in the field, no-one actually knows, what happened to make it crash, so this film is speculation.

11. nforced4good

nforced4good Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GTX
    so what, it still crashed, the people on the plane fought back likely and they lost control of the plane.

really, i don't care about what happens in the USA, its not the only country in the world, as much as it tries to make out it is.

12. Hiro1000

Hiro1000 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Your fogetting something, the fact that America is #1. Funny thing coming from A Frenchman huh?

Meh, I think the movie is really just a way to settle or to calm the families who lost loved ones on flight 93. My personal belief is that it was shot down. Theoretically you could have had both happen i.e. They fought back and the plane was shot down. Whatever.

13. nforced4good

nforced4good Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GTX
    america is #0, i could go there for a holiday.. just to watch all the americans who blindly love thier country so much.

meh. Aussie land Rules!

14. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    you're taking the wrong direction in this thread, i recommend to drop it. :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  15. nforced4good

nforced4good Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GTX
    yeah.. sorry... its not my day... sorry people...

16. GSB

GSB Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    lol , ditto

@nforced: there was a time when I would have said you are wrong but nowadays, I agree somewhat with that which you are saying. The government in this country loves to stick it's nose in anyone and everyones business on a regular basis, whether right, wrong or just plain doing it for some entertainment it seems sometimes. I don't blame outside countrys/people for hating the US, the US brings it on its own self 99% of the time. If anyone knows of any islands where there is no overbearing government and lots of single ladies :eyebrows:
    ...email me now!

17. nforced4good

nforced4good Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GTX
    australia's pretty good.. but.. our government is in bed with bush...

18. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    Many governments are in bed with Bush simply because America is #1 and it's a matter of siding with the winning team.

19. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    oi it's all cool :tomcat:

20. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080

Ya, don't you just hate Americans that love thier country.^^^
    At least from where I stand we most all love our countries but we have enough self respect not to go around bashing other people countries in every other post on the forum. Get a clue, Barbie q boy.

Enough of this crap I don't hate you country just because of a handful of loud mouth idiots like you.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006