Driver IQ comparison 91.33-48 [56k warn]

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dsdsdk, Sep 11, 2006.

1. dsdsdk

dsdsdk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280
    I'm asking with bother telling people that you get better IQ if it's not gonna affect them! Hey i got a new lamp today, it lights up my keyboard!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  2. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    I wasn't talking to you man... I am sharing your point of view! :D

3. dsdsdk

dsdsdk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280
    sry mate.. I quoted the wrong text.. :D

4. McLan

McLan Member Guru

GPU:
    (G92)8800GTS 512M
    :D no! if I try to explain the image difference, I will also use same way as you do. just feel sometime it's not enough, I can't find a better way to check the difference now. There are lot of topic on comparing image quality between Nivida and Ati, from screenshot, that indeed not much difference too. why do people still say the image quality is difference. I don't think all of them say that for a hint in mind at first, so I wonder there are some limitation for us to comparing the difference. That's my point.

5. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Mirrors are hard to climb man, and you are proving it... you have arrived to a "nonsense"... if FOR YOU "there are some limitation for us to comparing the difference", then you have to think that with your "sixth sense" you can overcome these limitations and see the difference from drivers that differs of +00.01 version seeing that you have adfirmed it.

That +00.01 is a simple compatibility fix, if the whole image quality would change they will change the first number! This is a fact, but of course you are free to accept it or to enjoy your placebo effect! :D

6. dsdsdk

dsdsdk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280
    mirrors and stuff aside..

There is basically no difference between ati and nvidia nowadays. But to explain. During the Geforce 5 series era, nvidia pushed on a heavy set of optimizations filters to increase performance. Too many filters actually.. This was said to decrease quality (mind you not the quality of textures! since they didnt mess with AF). The textures part was said to have been the poor choise of video-out interface and hardware components. So where are we now? Driver still wont change IQ! Game settings will, AA will, AF will <- you know this right? :-D

The method with screenshot is a perfect way to compare two (or more) images. After all, a game is 30-100+ images per second. And if the mouse is still, it's the same frame being render over and over (except the dynamics).

77.77 performance and iq improvements
    78.01 performance and iq improvements
    78.03 performance and iq improvements
    85.XX performance and iq improvements
    91.31 performance and iq improvements
    91.48 performance and iq improvements

Now see, the performance part I can grasp due to the numbers going up. Maybe up for some games and down for others, but i tend to feel that there is a general improvement on performance.

If since forceware 7-series there has been visible improvement from almost each driver.. shouldnt IQ be over the roof by now? There should be a clear visual difference right?

7. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I've been reading these forums for along time, and there were always people talking about IQ in latest drivers, what your suggesting is that all driver IQ is the same, then why didn't anyone say anything before, so every noob that started reading these forums for years have been reading false claims, and were taught by this forum that there was IQ difference in drivers, even people with thousands of posts talk about IQ when a new driver comes out? Unfreaking believable....

8. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Man... I've always said that talking about IQ changes between very near drivers is just bs. (I will do a search and post the link).

9. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
  10. Shex

Shex Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    I understand what dsdsdk is trying to say and his right, everyone who changes driver claims IQ has been improved from the last set of drivers... So if that was so true how come when reviewers, compare benchmarks of image quality its always the same answer with every other driver they test on the lastest GFX cards.

Take for instances, people claim ATI has superior quality when it comes to IQ, so really wouldn't this mean with all the lastest drivers from nVidia, they would of surpassed ATI IQ by now :p

Think about it...

11. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    LOL listening to Unstable_Hero or McLan at least doubled!!! :D

12. Unstable_Hero

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    BITE ME, I never said that you are putting words in my mouth, so much for a constructive discussion. If it ever was.

13. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    In my last post I was just joking man, don't take it so bad! :D

14. Unstable_Hero

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    ok, I'm sure anyone would get upset when someone walks on them :p

Anyways, I guess you guys are right nobuddy can prove it the way I see it, though some still think it the way I do, I will not add IQ into my post next time I test a new driver.

15. McLan

McLan Member Guru

GPU:
    (G92)8800GTS 512M
    new G70.71 is indeed much better image quality, but still not good on highlighting effect comparing with ATi. I play IL2 from it come out, have 9800 before, aircraft canopy reflectiing effect looks very nice. but in 7800, highlight glass will still be seen through. Is it true in real life? hehe..........

16. GaryX

GaryX Master Guru

GPU:
    ASROCK 6900XT
  17. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I dont want to waste my time typing again so ill just quote myself. Yeah i really agree these guys just want to flame bait.

Stop trying to use a placebo effect an an excuse here its really lame. Maybe you should read this....and just realise some of us do have changes.

18. ubermann

ubermann Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS vmem+vgpu Mod
    People mess with color settings and all other setting and find the picture to be nice.

Then they download a new drivers and everything goes back to default and they say OMFG this driver rulez!

Some ppl think going from xx.00 to xx.01 is a huge step but its problaly just a small bug solved else it would be xx.00 to 00.50 or something when they really do some real changes.

This thread is a fact.

19. dsdsdk

dsdsdk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280
    I get it... now you are shifting the focus over to ati quality vs nvidia. Here you can easily prove the point that difference exists (otherwise you cant??).. And then you feel that when you have done this you can conclude that drivers make IQ differ too.

Lets talk in the line of nvidia with nvidia drivers. And ATi with ati drivers. No comparing.

Why would this be flame bait? I'm trying to inform you that speaking for IQ difference between drivers is ignorant. Stop coming up with all these excuses not to continue the discussion!