7600GT AGP anyone have? benchmarks?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by giblet_solution, Sep 12, 2006.

1. giblet_solution

giblet_solution New Member

GPU:
    XFX 6600GT AGP
    Hi, I am debating picking up a 7600GT AGP for my P4 system to replace my 6600GT AGP. I know there are a few benchmarks out there regarding this card, but i would like to hear from some actual owners who are using a processor somewhat equal to the p4 2.5, how the card performs in games or even 3d marks would be welcome. Thanks in advance. This is my first post, so go easy on me especially if this has been covered before.

2. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia

I can say tha tthe 7600go is a very decent card. Dont hink you will be disaponted with the gt/AGP. I LOVE MY NEW LAPTOP. Nice to play BF2 in bed hehe:)

3. Roberto88h

Roberto88h Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 9600GT 512MB
    Hi, welcome to the forum. This is truely one of my favorite forums and I hope it serves you well.

Now, down to business. I don't have a 7600GT as you can probably tell by my specs, but I know for a fact that it will completely blow your 6600GT out of the water.

Here is a review/benchmark for a Leadtek 7600GT AGP
    http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=2031&cid=3&pg=1

In that review they use a 3.0GHz P4 with 1GB of RAM. That's probably as close to your system specs as you are going to be able to find in any recent review without doing some extra digging.

Really, to be honest with you, you might consider upgrade your whole setup (motherboard, CPU, RAM, etc.). I know it's a lot of money. I know that many people (myself included) don't have the money for that kind of upgrade (just look at my system!). I also know that people don't like hearing that there system is a getting old and it's time to start considering an upgrade.

It's your call really, but I believe that a whole system upgrade would be a better choice for you considering your system specifications. In the end, it depends what you want to do with this computer.

Long story short:

The 7600GT AGP is a fine card and it would give you a sizeable performance boost over your current video card.

Have Fun and Welcome to Guru3D,

Robert

4. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Your system is going to bottleneck anything faster than what you got right now. So upgrading your card is not going to help you much. Just trying to save you some headaches.

5. giblet_solution

GPU:
    XFX 6600GT AGP
    Ya, I thought my CPU was a bit on the weak side, although I cant help but wonder how much gain the card would provide. Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.

6. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Hey giblet welcome to the forums. As for your question yes the 7600gt(agp) is alot faster than any 6600series card. The problem would be that your processor would be lagging really bad cause your card would be waiting for the processor to catch up. The 7600gt(agp) would probably give you about 10-15fps more only at really high resolutions like 1600x1200 where cpu limitations is less severe. If you play at 1280x1020 or lower then you will need to upgrade your computer first then get a better card. With amd prices so low you can build a damn good cheap skt939 system that would handle that card with ease for around $400 depending on what you can use out of that system you have now. Most people will tell you go intel core 2 duo but that is complety up to you. I have my skt939 and it does everything i want it to do. This is just something for to think about. Again welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy these forums as they are very helpfull. Later mike.

7. fungry

fungry Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 320mb
    watch out on your processor/ And sorry about it, its probably slightly too new of a GPU for users to benchmark. ALl too busy playing games ^^ haha. Anyhow you should be able to get a couple reviews from other sites as aforementioned.

On the other hand, i also feel like getting the 7600GS/GT as my final upgrade to this aging PC.

If my grades improve and i get approval, ima be so eager to build my HT Gaming PC [HTPC + Gaming >>> HTGPC in my form :p]

8. JamesDax

JamesDax Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 7600GS
    Save some money and get a 7600GS. It will still be much faster then your 6600GT and the bottleneck will be much less severe.

9. Mitch007

Mitch007 Master Guru

GPU:
    leadtek 7600GT AGP 600/780
    I went for 7600GT (from 6600GT) and upgraded my 2.8 533 processor to 3.2E 800FSB from flebay, i get good performance and am happy with the card.

Some overclocking of the CPU will help, but at 400MHz FSB, this is your limiting factor.

While on the 2.8 533 processor, i would say a 10% to 15% performance hit over the current 3.2E processor. I could imagine a further 5% to 10% hit with the 400Meg FSB

10. fungry

fungry Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 320mb
    the 7600 would just be a great bang for the buck... as for the specs, it isn't TOO bad ;)

11. giblet_solution

GPU:
    XFX 6600GT AGP
    It should be about $220 or less here in canada. I think I might bite when it is available, if I do, ill be sure to post pre and post benchmarks. I wish my mobo had an AGP lock so i could do some oc'ing on that northwood. It runs very cool and I know it could do some decent overclocking.

12. poy

poy Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800OC | 16pp,6vp
    heh, i see you post on here and RFD =) i still suggest saving for a pcie setup, since vista will be out soon and so will the geforce 8 series [not sure about this though]

13. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    7600GT > 7800GS stock (Not o/c versions just plain and only slightly greater)

7800GS still o/c a lot better.

14. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GT 710 2G
    Just seen this card for a 119cad,would this be a big diff compared to the ATi x1300 pro i just fried?Playing Bf 2.

I'm going back to geforce cards.

Thanks

15. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Only if you can get the 7600GT for cheaper. The 7800GS is a faster card and there is NO refuting it.

16. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GT 710 2G
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2007