Vista RC1 Released CPP x86/x64

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by garikfox, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Can anyone report how games are playing, FPS, IQ, and is it better than XP?

2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It's looking really good. This will be best Windows ever released.
    ----
    BTW, did you guys notice that you can install this Windows in Windows? It will copy all files to HDD and then restarts your computer and then it continues installing prosess.

3. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    I tired Bf2 with it and all the textures were square and wierd, although the soldiers and vehicles look fine.

4. Blackwing

Blackwing Master Guru

GPU:
    Visnotek 4870 512 stock
    need help

need help my old serial for beta 2 doesnt work with this :( . can someone provide me with a link to who i should mail to get a serial.

driver support is alot better i did 64 bit install. only thing is i have trouble getitng my audigy2zs to work in 64 bit vista. (crappy drivers)

but yeah i need a serial # :(:tomcat:

5. Marc_ellis

Marc_ellis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6800 GT GS @ 410 1152
    So far so good, seems to be running quite nice.

But is ther a way to control the fan speed on my video card at all?

Thanks
    Marc

6. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    Mine blue screens for both 32bit and 64bit. Is this what yours does? Is the GX2 really not vista compatible? :bonk:

When I last loaded the public beta I was on my 7900GT...

7. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    proper sli drivers..gx2 is sli so without proper drivers it wont work.

8. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    hello!!!!!!!!!!
    has anyone found a driver that'll work for my audigy 2 sz yet???
    creative has not realeased any drivers for this rc1 :wanker:

9. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Microsoft default hd driver should work for it too, as I know it works for many cards or even on board audio solutions(as in my case), well at least for basic playback..
    BTW I've found it very good so far, the only bad thing is that it doesn't support EAX and other such things.. but it should do it's job fine, till the original driver will be released :)

10. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    Wiii! I'm writing this from FF in vista RC1! lol

So far it's a great OS. Surprisingly, it doesn't lag on my crappy rig (even with aero turned on), but the memory usage is fairly high, look:

[​IMG]

The only thing I can't get working is the onboard audio... damn cmedia they don't have a vista driver (The XP driver doesn't even recognize the onboard sound, lol), I'm gonna ask them for a driver.

I've set up a dual boot system between XP and vista, so when vista decides to stop working, I can just use XP without a single problem.

Right now I'm gonna try IE7 (it's been years since I used IE) and some games. I'm using the ati driver in ati's website.

EDIT: Thank God windows update found a driver for my onboard sound. I'd have never thought of WU getting a driver. lol WU also found a driver update for my modem and an update for windows defender. I'm gonna try some games now.

IE7 is quite better than IE6, but FF keeps being my favourite browser.

EDIT2: I'm on XP now. Gaming performance in HL2 isn't the best, but it's playable. I shouldn't be complaining about an almost finished product with unoptimized drivers.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006

11. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    I think this entire memory thing should be something not to be concerened with..sure it takes alot more ram..but i think when we play games and stuff...this is where vista does its tricks and dumps out all the ram and gives it to the game to be used..or atlest the non essential stuff..either way after seeing vista on my old rig..i am dieing to try it on my gx2 rig..god dam nvidia and microsoft for not getting proper drivers :/

12. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I got the x64 version of RC1 and installed it all today, haven't play around too much, however I have noticed that it will not run Windows Aero because I apparently don't have enough ram? Any ideas? I noticed one program in task manager using 400 MBs of ram without anything running, just on startup. I haven't installed the latest Nforce drivers yet because I can't get Acrobat reader to figure the manual install, so that may be it, but I doubt it.

13. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    i have only 1 gig, and Aero works. I don't think its memory, maybe its ur video driver, try installing the official nVidia driver for rc1.

14. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    no problems here mate

ms say they are tweaking the memory usage

15. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Well, I am posting from Vista now and there is no program using 400 megs of ram, also Aero is working great. Probably because I installed the new x64 drivers for my video card. I have another question, though, does anyone know if I need to take the time to manually install the nforce drivers, because everything seems to be working fine without them.

16. garikfox

garikfox Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
  17. Musje83

Musje83 Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GS Xtreme
    Oi peeps!

Me gots a question. I'm running a fine system: Athlon64 3500+, Asrock Dual-Sata2, 1gig pc2700/pc3200 (@399mhz) and a Geforce 7600GS Xtreme (in less than 2 weeks I'll be upgrading to a Core 2 Duo E6300 + 1gig DDR2 pc5400).

Currently running Vista béta 2 (build 5384) and it runs fine for 95% of the time.
    But since I've read many good stories about RC1 I decided to upgrade again. I choose the x64 version and its downloading @ 400 KB/sec. However, I'm reading several reviews of x64 users telling many different stories. One cant get several 32-bit programs to work, another has driver-issues and also quite a few have no problems at all.

What do you guys think? Start downloading the x86 version or at least try x64? Savvy?

Thanks ahead!

18. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    RC1 defeantly switch to it. As for the OS..that depends on the drivers..its bad enuf just for the 32 bit so i wouldn't recommend the 64bit..

19. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I personally am liking the 64 bit version right now. It is working great for me, other than some games. It even seems faster then XP in alot of things, but slower with some others. It is kind of weird every now and them, but altogether I am fine with it.

20. Musje83

Musje83 Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GS Xtreme
    I downloaded & installed Vista RC1 x86 after all (from Béta 2 with Deamon, wow!! No more need to burn a DVD...) and it runs as smooth as I hoped it would, and then some. It looks astonishing and I didn't have to install a single driver. Everything runs without problems, including Bitlord, Daemon, iTunes 7, Limewire and Firefox.
    I'm going to test games later on, I wonder if I need to install Forceware to run games...