Release date for nf590 conroe mainboards?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by neonsx, Aug 30, 2006.

1. neonsx

neonsx Member Guru

GPU:
    7950GX2
    Can anyone tell me when the expected release date is for mainboards using the nForce 590 SLI chipset for Intel conroes? i have googled everywhere with no luck. :(

First accurate reply wins a free smiley. Thanks! :rock:

2. zdogjones

zdogjones New Member

As far as I can tell the 1st release date that I have read since late June/early July is sometime in October.

That being said - Frys (outpost.com) has the 570 boards available. I can attest that they are nforce 5 boards as I have seen the physical boards instore...

Its tough sometimes on line because Asus at least is going to name the stupid board the same as their nForce4 board.

good luck!

Z

3. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    why would you want a chipset that cant oc

4. Undertaker2

Undertaker2 Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward Bliss 7800 GS+ (G71-chip)
    Is it a unwritten law that the nForce-Chipsets and esp. the 590 SLI IE can`t overclock???
    I have heard, that 590 AMD overclock well...

5. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    well thats for AMD... C19 its rubbish

6. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeh, the nforce based Intel board are pretty much useless when it comes to overclockability. Just sniff around on the net and see how the beta versions of the nf590 did - awful. I still have belief in ATi's RD600 though, whenever they decide to release that.

You can watch these threads for results on the 590 though:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=113639
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=113498

Max FSB results will hopefully be released by either of them soon.

Despite its pretty much doomed performance in the overclocking department, it's a SWEET looking motherboard.

7. neonsx

neonsx Member Guru

GPU:
    7950GX2
    Thanx for the response guys. zdogjones wins the free smiley :thumbup:

I'm not interested in the nf590 for overclocking. I'm looking at setting up a Quad SLI system; i'm not going to buy an E6300 and overclock it. But i understand what you're saying.

8. Preachergeek

Preachergeek Guest

GPU:
    MSI 8800gtx @ 655/950
    Erm...If i were you I'd avoid quad sli. Its a hideous waste of money since its beaten by normal sli in most tests. If you're willing to wait then you should wait for g80 and get sli of these. Or if you're willing to wait even later then maybe rd600 and r600.

If you're buying now then why not just get a 975x chipset with a 7950xtx, or a 1950xtx?

9. neonsx

neonsx Member Guru

GPU:
    7950GX2
    Thanks for the advice. Everyone has their own opinion about quad sli, and i respect that.

I already have the 7950GX2... i was hoping for a mainboard that won't eliminate me for going sli. I am willing to guess the early G80 generations won't necessarily be faster than a single 7950GX2. So i want to be assured i can still go DX10 cards + SLI in the future.

thanks again for everyone's replies and opinions. :)