Firefox - Prefetching is not allowed due to the various privacy issues that arise.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by The Kyle, Aug 23, 2006.

1. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    This is the message I get trying to view the forums on firefox. Just started happening 2 seconds ago. I turned off any option that could have triggered this but I still get it.

Anyone else?

(edit: now it's gone...wtf)

2. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Most likely FFs problem. If it is gone it should be nothing to worry about, might just have been a very rare conflict.

3. FF hates me, Tried a few diffrent versions and I get alot of issues with it. Like downloading files it will save them as some generic name.

so downloading 2 diffrent files it will have the new one over write the old one unless i go change the name its very annoying.

4. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    I have one or two niggly problems with it but apart from that i am quite happy with it.

5. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
  6. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    LOL I looked at the thread and thought "caching not allowed at Guru" and set it to 0. I guess I should read things first. OK I will go see how cache of 0MB works now...dooby...dooby..do.

7. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    agreed partially. :eyebrows:

8. Freedom Eclipse

Freedom Eclipse Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 970
    my firefox works fine. always has worked well for me......cept for the 2 times when It strangely reset itself back to default settings so I lost all my bookmarks, themes & plugins.

but saying that. most of my settings are regular ly backed up so all I had to do was copy & paste the same file from my backups into the documents & settings & b4 you know it everythings like it never even happend