BFG 6600GT OC help

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Arash, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Arash

Arash Member

GPU:
    Ati X800XL 256MB / 6600GT OC 128MB
    I just bought a BFG 6600GT OC pci-e gfx card for my 2nd pc i was building and ofcourse i bought it used... wouldnt be stupit and go pay full price... it was fine and it just started going nuts.. the screen keeps getting missed up... and i took out the heatsink out befor... but the temp seems fine 57 degrees C, and the card starts going nuts after like 5 min, the first 5 min is fine, it doesnt freez screen comes back fine soemtimes.. so can i fix this anyone know what wrong with it? and also can i ignore this problem by getting another 6600gt and running sli? like throw this missed up card on buttom and good card on top and connect display to good card... well that work? someone plz help...

2. Brian the King

Brian the King Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 Ti OC
    From whom/where did you get it?

Elaborate please.

There's like a 2% chance that will fix it. Don't risk the money.

3. LordAboveAll

LordAboveAll Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB
    Umm ya it should be the other way around, it was a mistake to buy used and now your having problems...but anyway

Explain in more detail please.

4. Arash

Arash Member

GPU:
    After 5 min or so the screen just keeps getting messed up like small boxes and stuff colorfull lol i cant really explian it... like its overheating or something.... i bought the card from a person that had posted on a site and i also bought a mobo from him too the mobo is perfectly fine... friday ima try a friends 6600gt oc its exact card ima try sli and see if it works...

5. LordAboveAll

LordAboveAll Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB
    Those "small boxes and stuff colorfull" things you see are called artifacts,
    So what you say is that you bought it from a person on a forum?
    Try installing RivaTuner
    to see if the card came overclocked maybe the core or memory are too high for a stable overclock and also try installing the latest drivers for your mobo and video card.

6. Arash

Arash Member

GPU:
    Yes i ment to say artifacts just couldnt remember the word lol
    k but anyway i had to use two gfx cards one being the 6600gt to put driver on it and now i got a big ass fan blowing at it and everything is fine and its gpu fan keeps stoping pissing me off lol but when i tkae the big ass fan away the card gets hot as hell when i touch it.... and now the gpu temp is high and no artifacts..... ima downclock it abit and take fan away and try keeping gpu fan going...

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    another thing bfg has a lifetime warranty on their cards did you get the original receipt with the card?

8. Arash

Arash Member

GPU:
    nope i actually didnt get one but i took away the fan i turn it off then i took out the card and repasted it and fixed the fan and right now ive been using it for 15 min and its fine not a single artifact ive downclocked to normal 6600GT speed 500/1000... ima do some benchmarks in a bit.

9. Arash

Arash Member

GPU:
    k nvr mind fixing the fan lol just noticed it wasnt spining,

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    well thats not good. passive coolin a 6600gt i mean;)

11. Arash

Arash Member

GPU:
    K just did aquamark 3 did the test fine no artfacts at all, so its fix :D thank god i didnt feel like buying another used card... but anyway thx for all the help guys. :D

12. Arash

Arash Member

GPU:
    One more thing where can i check on the gpu fan rpm to see if its working or not cuz my case closed... nvtray? or just the properties? i cant find it...