Invalid Signal?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by rofflesyo, Aug 22, 2006.

1. rofflesyo

rofflesyo Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X800XT VIVO
    My arctic cooler recently blew and it turns out it altered the voltage of the fan socket on my X800XT; this meant when I plugged in the stock fan (whilst my Arctic cooler is on RMA) the fan never turned... My Dad has rewired the fan so it now runs, the only part he hasnt rewired is the part that measures fan speeds/temperatures etc...

Now when I put the X800XT in and boot up, the BIOS is displayed correctly (No artifacts etc) and the Windows XP Professional screen comes up correctly and loads (With no artifacts)... However as soon as XP has loaded, my monitor goes blank and says somethin like 'Invalid Signal'?

Is this linked to the cable for fan speeds and temps not being connected or has my card broke (Which seems unlikely seeing as BIOS and Loading screen display fine) Or could it be a driver problem seeing as Ive been using a 9600XT and have installed drivers for it?

Please help :bang:

2. Nickf

Nickf Banned

GPU:
    x1950 XT 715/2052/1.475v ATI Cooler
    Try uninstalling the drivers, taking the card out, reinstalling it, boot it up in safe mode, reinstalling the drivers and tell me what happens.

3. rofflesyo

rofflesyo Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X800XT VIVO
    I was thinking of trying that... Will do it tomorrow though as its pretty late here (1am)

4. Cadoam

Cadoam Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 6520g & HD 6650m
    Sounds like a driver problem from a previous video card - You should pop it back in, fully uninstall the drivers and see if it works, or you can try to go into VGA mode, I think you press like F8 on start up, and it'll show the different mods... Should explain more in your motherboard book.

5. rofflesyo

rofflesyo Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X800XT VIVO
    Fixed :)

As expected, was a driver problem, put it in safemode, ran drivercleaner pro, put x800xt in, installed 6.8's and it seems to work