<<Post Pics Of Your Car>>

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by orgnlprankster7, Aug 14, 2006.

1. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    very nice cars littledragon. i appreciate your work a lot more than that of all those 'tuners' that put lots of unnessecary plastic on the cars. yours look clean, and should go like stink with that kind of horses.

2. RSX

RSX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970
    Get the M5 dude, last time I was at the dealer I must of stood there for like 10 minutes just looking at it. Its a werid mixture of power and elegence.

3. littledragon

littledragon Member Guru

GPU:
    6600GT
    The one thing I didn't like about it was the SMG transmission, it just sux for stop and go traffic. At least with a clutch pedal, you can smooth it out but without one, it's the jerkiest ride I've ever driven. It drives like someone who's trying to learn a manual. I hope there's going to be a manual M5 in the future...

4. littledragon

littledragon Member Guru

GPU:
    6600GT
    Yeah, everything I put on or in my cars has a purpose. Exterior is usually stock with a mix and match of factory parts from different years. Like my gray MR2, it's a 1991 with a 1991 wing but '94 tail lights, front has a '93 lip and OEM clear corners from Japan. Interior has the suade seats and door panels from japan as well. The black track car has the flush headlights instead of the flip ups for the extra bit of aerodynamics tho I dunno how much it really cut down...

5. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    The wheel gap machine
    [​IMG]
    Needs a better suspension and one of these [​IMG] :)

6. RSX

RSX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970
    Nice clean car, although tbh im more interested in the G35 parked behind ya lol.

7. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

Someday soon I'll grab a brushless for it, likely a Novak. I need to get some new batts, need cash for that though.......

8. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Go with a Mamba system...it's sensorless so it's much more powerful, plus the controller is PC programmable - which is sweet cos programming a brushless controller is even more annoying than a conventional.

It's cheaper than the Novak also :)

I hear ya on the cash though :(

9. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

I'll definitely consider everything, but I have a new apartment to pay for, so I'll have to wait.:cry:

10. candle_86

candle_86 Guest

dont laugh, this is serisly what I have, it doesnt run yet though, I dont have any new pics of it, the only diff is now its sitting on dirt, this is a pic of that was in auto trader when we found it :D Oh the tires are now flat thats the differance :D

View attachment 2023

When I save enough money im doing a full restore.

11. orgnlprankster7

orgnlprankster7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512
    with enogh time and effort im sure you can get that thing really screamming with power! good luck:)

12. candle_86

candle_86 Guest

Well the Flathead still spins, we hooked a battery up to it and tried and it still spins so thats good.
    There are no bad rust spots or dents on the body to take care of so a good sanding should take care of most of that.
    The seat is still in good shape which suprised us, it needs a good cleaning but other than that its good, no cracks or rot anywhere same with the plastic steering wheel
    There are a few missing chrome pecies though, on the front the chrome ford lettering is gone and so are the hubcaps but i can replace those.
    ITs going to be painted a dark ford blue with black running boards and interior
    the chrome on it will be redipped along with any replacement parts that need it.
    And to finish it off where gonna throw in 5 whitewall tires.

13. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    lol for 3K $ more you can buy a Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged and my oncle owns one and its damn fast with only a Cold Air Intake upgrade.!!! go lookk for it bud

14. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    No, no, no! GM sucks, seriously. I know a lot of car guys at my RC club, some are mechanics. We all agree that GM has a lot of serious problems, as I already mentioned. Even though NM+ disagrees, I think the mechanic/arbitrator that I know who works for Canada's biggest auto auction knows a little more. GM is their biggest account and he sees a lot of engine problems pass by his desk that Ford, Chrysler, et al don't seem to have.
    Though the engines have the power, but they are poorly made and suffer a lot of critical (and expensive) problems. These include blown gaskets, blown bearings, piston knock, etc. The cooling systems also leave something to be desired. All of these can cripple the engine, yet are easy to fix at the assembly level. They've developed out of basic design flaws and a use of low-quality, cheap parts. The quality of GM has been steadily declining since the mid-90s, which is why their business is doing so bad now. Though GM will repair any problems for free if you are still under warranty, they won't issue a recall as that would cost so much, they'd go out of business. Most GM cars are effected. The knock is more common with trucks, with the blown parts are more common in cars. You are really taking a gamble with their cars.

American sports cars, I'd say Dodge Charger and Ford Mustang. Though Dodge tends to have transmission problems, the engine troubles with the GM are far more costly to repair. Another drawback with the American sports car is they don't like snow and ice. These are strictly a summer car. This isn't a problem if you live in a place where it doen't snow often if at all, and these two should give you years of fun.
    The Scion is nice, as well as the Honda Civic SI. Nissan is also highly recommended. These three are virtually indestructable and should handle all season driving with a good set of tires.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  15. Munky

Munky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 6800 / AIW Radeon 9700 Pro
    Huh?? On Chevy's site the ss supercharged has a msrp of $21,310.00. Also if you are looking for the best bang for your buck def look at the Caliber SRT-4. Personally I hate the looks but they have a nice engine.

16. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    As promised.
    [​IMG]

17. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
  18. orgnlprankster7

orgnlprankster7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512
    couldnt have said it better myself!:)

19. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nice bike Dr V. :D
    My mom has a bike similar to that that she got in the early 80s. Blue too. She hasn't used it in over 10 years though. I don't really bike anymore either. I have one of those Mongoose ones, that I got just before they went out of style. :p
    It's a city bike. I think it's a 24 speed but I'm not sure.
    I hate cyclists because all the Toronto people that recently moved her have them. They all want to be like Lance Armstrong so they're decked out in the spandex on the racers. They disrupt traffic by going up very busy roads, which is extremely dangerous to both them and car drivers. The main roads through town simply aren't wide enough for both bikes and cars. What puzzles me is that we have tons of BMX and mountain biking places around here, yet they deicide to play in traffic. :confused:

20. r0k0

r0k0 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    my oncle only payed 22000$ $ canadian for it... brand new/...0 km on it... not even test drove except my oncle lol

thats with a sunroof, Recaro package ( Recaro leatrher seats and limited slip differential ) :p