Counterstrike source FPS

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by jststojc, Aug 9, 2006.

1. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    yeah tnx but these commands are to make less demands on the gfx and not cpu . and as much as i understood everyone here and from my own experience i need soemthing to make less demands to the cpu i think.

2. realdude19

realdude19 Active Member

GPU:
    9600GT 512mb PCIx16 2.0
    Just For the Original poster!

I Do Know that The Game "Counter Strike: Source" Modded from HL2... Is Written spicificly for a Single core Processor; and the Word on the street is that when using a dual-core processor (specificly AMD's, not so sure about Intels...) the game will see it as a fake-out, and wont utilize the second core. think of it as a fail safe, you know so you dont REALLY lag your system with your Anti-Virus program, and all the other things you have running in the back ground that are suposta be using the second core/processor.

But good News Steam is or should have released a update to the Half life 2 series that makes it compatible with 64bit systems. and soon they are suposta be releasing the update that allows both cores to be utilized.

Good luck with your gaming.

PS your SLI setup is fine, but I would look at upgrading your Drivers to the newest version, it has improved SLI Handling.

3. danboris

danboris Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon x1600 256mb Ded
    i really dont think that cpu stuff people were saying is true, like i said im on a 1.83 ghz core duo and increased my fps by 40-50 by doing those, Source really isnt a very demanding game compared to other games

It's mostly GPU settings and differences that make the fps differ in my experience. I mean people with a 2.16 ghz duo on a laptop shouldnt get such crazy awesome fps more than me, right? But if they have a go7900 they do. It seems more gpu related than cpu related to me.

4. realdude19

realdude19 Active Member

GPU:
    9600GT 512mb PCIx16 2.0
    what kind of MoBo you using?

5. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    only part im pissed off is that i get worser min fps with sli on compared to singlecard rendering .......
    and i have latest 91.37 drivers latest dual core drivers latest directx and that dualcore optimiser (tried without it as well same ****). maybe that SLI profile for css is bugged in the drivres. ima try that later with manual settings

6. danboris

danboris Member

GPU:
    Ya, BIOS update? try that, i know HP just released some crap for some of their BIOS, specific to Half Life 2 Source engine, maybe others did also?

Also in the game my arms look shiny/bright/glossy/whitish/metallic. Anyone know what this is and how to correct?

7. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    the only conclusion i got is css is so cpu limited that when in sli when the cpu has to coordinate what the gfxes will render, it makes the bottelneck there. prolly would be best if id put my venice 3000+ inside and oc it to like 2700 mhz or such and woudl get better fps for sure

8. Luvabud

Luvabud Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=csofficeqq5.jpg
    max settings in css 4aa 8af supersampling and auto in nvidia panel, I'm happy with this
    autoexec
    //Walk Toggle Script

alias walk "+speed; bind q run"
    alias run "-speed; bind q walk"
    bind q "walk"

//Net_Graph Script

alias ngon "net_graph 3; bind ctrl ngoff"
    alias ngoff "net_graph 0; bind ctrl ngon"
    bind ctrl "ngon"

cL_showfps "1"
    mat_specular 0 (I don't like the way this makes the game looks)

// _Set violence settings_
    // _increases blood to help you see hits better_
    violence_ablood 1
    violence_agibs 1
    violence_hblood 1
    violence_hgibs 1
    cl_show_bloodspray 1

jpeg_quality 100

9. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    ew crosshairs to big u want cl_crosshairscale 99999

10. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    tnx Luvabud thats same fps that i get kinda so all is fine it seems...

11. Luvabud

Luvabud Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    I agree but the crosshairs on small, and whats with the crap colour selection, I'll try that thanks
    oh yes much better

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  12. danboris

danboris Member

GPU:
    you know how they had

bind mouse1 "+attack; adjust_crosshair; -attack"
    to have the crosshair change color everytime you shot in CS 1.5/1.6? What's the adjust crosshair color in Source?