Best Pc Ever

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Usuario, Aug 2, 2006.

1. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    you could ship it to your self in brazil and write it off as a gift : ) just send it to a good friend or something

2. best computer ever?? for the next 3 months :p hardware evolves every 3 months pretty much.

Just picking some things here.

conroe 6600
    conroe sli mobo (have to wait for one)
    2x 7950gx2
    2gb of DDR800+ ram

Thats your baseline for the best right now,

The rest is preference when it comes to case, cooing, optical drives, ect.

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    momo: i don't remember the A8N-SLI being a SERVER motherboard..... and i had the A8N-SLI Premium.... worked with the pretty much generic DDR400 i put in it without a hitch, even though they only ever have a couple parts listed in their QVL. And pretty much every company has had their 7900 series cards fixed for quite some time. eVGA even released a new set, called the Reloaded series. i got two 7900GT's, and both worked perfectly from day 1. i don't see any logical reason to be pissed at the company as a whole just because you kept sending RMA after RMA. if you were getting that many crappy cards, why not RMA the first or second one and get a refund instead of replacement, instead of spending a fortune on shipping to ship 6 of them back to try for a second card, and bought the second card at a later date? guess that's what you're pretty much asking for if you LOOOOOVEEEEEE to have the latest possible tech, and spend out the arse for it.

4. Tenkanisk

Tenkanisk Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Sapphire X1900gt

5. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
    Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe Socket 775 Motherboard and an Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz OEM Processor - $1399.99
    CORSAIR XMS2 2GB DDR2 1066 Dual Channel Kit - $403.00
    MSI GeForce 7950GX2 - $519.99
    ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler - $34.99
    COOLER MASTER CM Stacker - $115.00
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 - $121.99
    Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB - (x2) $219.98
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - $94.99
    Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor - $703.20
    OCZ GameXStream 700W Power Supply - $139.99
    Logitech G5 Laser 6 Buttons 1x Wheel USB Laser Mouse - $40.99
    Saitek PZ30AU Black USB Wired Standard Eclipse Keyboard - $41.95
    Creative Inspire P7800 90 Watts 7.1 Speaker - $86.00

Total Price: $3922.06

- Core 2 Duo X6800
    - Core 2 Duo SLI motherboard
    - 2GB Corsair DDR2 1066 memory
    - GeForce 7950GX2 single card SLI
    - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro CPU cooler
    - COOLER MASTER CM Stacker case
    - Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 sound card
    - 2x 37.6GB Raptor's + 320GB Seagate Barracuda with Perpendicular Recording Technology
    - 24'' Dell UltraSharp
    - 700W GameXStream Power Supply
    - Logitech G5 Laser mouse
    - Saitek Eclipse keyboard
    - Creative 7.1 speakers

6. candle_86

candle_86 Guest

i have to agree get the quad SLI setup the 7950 is the fastest single card atm. Get the Core 2, and get at least a single 150gb raptor and a 500 storage drive.

7. yeah thats more my setup the last few systems were super expensive for little or no reason..

600$ SCSI drives? (75gb at that) might as well get a 200$ 150gb Raptor it wont be but a tad slower. same for the cpu why not get a 6600 and overclock it for 1/2 the price as the 6800.

I guess if you have the money you can spend it but I still try to spend wisley.

This is the reason that almost everybody that wins the lotto jackpot goes bankrupt ^^ the money goes to there head and they overspend.

and wow that case is 300$ WTH?? lol

8. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I suggest you settle down, if you don't like them, fair enough, keep it to yourself.

But everyone else hasn't had huge problems with those companies.

Consider it a warning.

9. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    i love my asus board :) i know this is an anti thread topic :p but why not spend about half and save some money, its like buying a new car as soon as you use it its lost half its value, ie todays technology is tommorows rubbish. (not literraly tho manner of speak would love an 7950gtx over my 6800 ultra :p)

10. Tenkanisk

Tenkanisk Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Sapphire X1900gt

11. yeah but its 36gb.... games and stuff would eat that alive... not to mention if he likes videos or mp3s.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822136012
    249$ 150gb raptor.

I would still just go with the 350-500gb cavilier's they are very fast too with that 16mb cache and all.

but since this is "performance" stuff the raptor still seems better.

12. rpg711

rpg711 Guest

no, two of any sata hdd's in raid will beat a single raptor... if ur getting raptors, u have to get 2 or else u might as well just get two 250gb sata perpendicular hdds
    a single perpendicular writing will beat 2 raptors in raid in read speed.... so 2 perpendicular writing ones will blow the raptors away... i was shocked to find that out because i always thought raptors were the fastest in all 3 categories

13. I use the 16mb sata drives they are fast nearly as good as raptors, considering there size/price 2 of them in raid is a good option, however raid 0 is a fish animal its not a performance boost in all situations so saying 2 drives in raid 0 is faster than a single raptor is a very much situation based truth.

14. rpg711

rpg711 Guest

no, it is the truth... though nothing can beat two raptors at read and write speed, a single perpendicular will beat two raptors in seek speed... thats insane... so imagine 2 perpendiculars.... it will come close to raptors in read and write... and will destroy the raptors in seek... thats what im getting
    there was a hd tach screan to prove it... think it was at tomshardware

15. TheBoss84

TheBoss84 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 + GTX 970
    If your carrying it in your lugagge it shouldnt be a problem just make shure before going to the USA you get a paper with a permission to import the computer. If your using DHL like i did. Its a complete mess i tranported my computer from germany to colombia and the whole ****ing thing came out at 1800 dollars because of taxes and shipping. Make sure you get the permission because if you not you cant bring your computer to brasil.

16. rpg711

rpg711 Guest

17. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    momomomom, asus would be one of the top contenders in motherboard manufactors to date. Saying they are bad from one experience will not change the mind of others without serious proof. Many people have problems with all motherboard manufactors. Keep it to yourself.

18. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    A Raptor will beat most normal drives.

A RAID 0 of Raptors ARE fast, but only when using larger file chunks, the game performance is minimal, because games typically load multiple files.

Some will benefit though when it's a single file and decompresses the textures etc.

But generally, Raptor are better than normal drives, and RAID 0 is only beneficial in large files such as Video rendering.

19. Nishchal Sharma

Nishchal Sharma Master Guru

GPU:
    inno3d geforce (2X7800GT)
    Me too agreed 2000%:D:D

20. Nishchal Sharma

Nishchal Sharma Master Guru

GPU:
    inno3d geforce (2X7800GT)
    Me too have 4 raptors tied in a raid 0 configration.......But recently I have come to know an even faster sata harddrive...
    thats SEAGATE BARRUCUDA 7200.10 16MB CACHE 750GB HARDDRIVE....(4 OF SUCH DRIVES AND YOU 'LL A ROCKETINSIDE YOUR CPU...:D:D