Open-box items from Newegg

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by DayDreamer, Jul 28, 2006.

1. DayDreamer

DayDreamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 @900,4300@1100mV
    anyone got bad/good experience with open-box from newegg? i'm afraid to buy open-box items, but they're much cheaper.

2. Senze

Senze New Member

Good Deal

I purchased my ATI Sapphire 1900XTX from newegg.com. it was open boxed and i saved about 70 bucks.

They shipped the card the same day and it arrived at noon the following day. Very good service from them and the card has worked perfectly since.

They seem to have a good policy on bad products too.

I would recommend you buy from them open box, as you will save money and still get all you need.

3. DayDreamer

DayDreamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 @900,4300@1100mV
    they say you only get the card. no other stuff

4. zinc99

zinc99 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    well if you need any of the wires you can always get them from ATI on there website.

5. amakusashiro

amakusashiro Banned

GPU:
    two HD5770 in crossfire
    I purchased my current motherboard from them,it was open box,but arrived new unused.The ide cables were missing,nothing else,shipping was fast as hell,and free on my item,and the board worked perfect. The price was awesome,way btter then anything going on ebay even now for what I got.
    Id say go for it. What ever item could be missing,Im sure you could get it cheap from ATI or on another site,maybe even newegg itself with a little looking around. If its a cable,and you had to have it by ATI,they do ship out pretty fast.

6. Ehecu

Ehecu Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5750
    In short...

Bought DFI NF4 Ultra-D. Worked perfectly from day 1.
    Bought Sapphire X1800GTO. Artifacts in 3D mode. Unfortunately not heat related...

Moral of the story - NewEgg sells (to their knowledge) products in perfect working condition. The actual RMA and repair of broken components is up to the manufacturer NE sends them off to. Reliable companies (DFI in this case) deliver, and the deal saves you 40% on a nice mobo. Unreliable companies (Sapphire in this case) leave you out in the rain to pay a 15% restocking fee + shipping because they either can't or won't test and repair products that are sent back to them.

Overall, I'd say go for it. There are some fantastic deals out there, just be sure you purchase from a company you're confident in. NewEgg will do the rest, speedy shipping and all.

7. a3rynsun

a3rynsun New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9800 XT Pro 256
    The Diamond Radeon X1600 AGP that I talked about having problems with earlier was an open box. It has since been sent back to newegg for a refund. Your mileage may vary.