Black Screen

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by bossmonkey, Jul 16, 2006.

1. bossmonkey

bossmonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 4870x2 @stock
    Hello everyone from guru3d! ugh. i have stumbled on a problem! and am wondering if you guys no anyhting about fixing it.
    alright here it goes.
    well see i decided to upgrade my driver to the 91.33 beacuse my other driver wasn't running to great. soo anyway do that.
    install it fallowing the guru3d driver removing thread.
    than installed it. restarted computer
    and bam..loaded up windows the bar thingy. than it goes blank. didn't load up the user selection or anything just blackness.
    it disapointed me.
    im using my partitioned side of my harddrive. the vista side. seems to be fine.
    ohh and i also used something called refresh force and yeah coudl that have done anyhting?

2. Hackez

Hackez Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    Unless you forced a refresh rate your monitor doesnt support no that wouldnt have any effect.

While your computer is booting up, hit F8 repeatidly until you get a selection screen and choose Safe Mode. I didnt know if you had tried this as you didnt say you had.

Regards

3. bossmonkey

bossmonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 4870x2 @stock
    nnoe havn't yet thank you! im gonna try it right now!

4. Hackez

Hackez Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    Alright let me know, I'd advise removing the drivers in safe mode, and using Driver Cleaner Professional which can be found in the download section to make sure you get the entire driver erased, and then just pick whichever set that has worked for you in the past.

Let me know if safe mode doesnt do the trick.

5. bossmonkey

bossmonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 4870x2 @stock
    hm.. how would i be able to start up safe mode.. it doesn't seem to be working when i hit f8. im use to just doing it in msconfig

6. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    after POST screen your pc starts to boot your OS, you need to hit F8 before it starts to do that.. just after the POST screen :)

7. 99atlantic

99atlantic Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI'd 7800GTX