Cannot boot IC7 with X800XL?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by delphi00, Jul 16, 2006.

1. delphi00

delphi00 Member

GPU:
    ATI X800XL 256MB AGP
    My old 9700pro just died so I recently bought a X800XL straight from ATI. However, when tried botting it up, it gave me one long and 2 short beeps meaning video adapter error, but I checked the power and AGP connections and they are fine. I also tried disconnecting the soundcard, and unplugging the power off the unecessary hardware. What could be wrong?

In the meantime, I tried inserting my old video card back in and it ALSO made the same beeps! Then afterwards afte a restart, i gave me that infamous high-low alternating beeping sound, then after a restart, back to the video card error (1 long, 2 short) then after a final restart, it finally worked!

Since the old video card was now working, i tried putting in my new X800XL card in but then it again gave me the video adapter error (1 long 2 short), after several restarts, no change.

I have a P4 2.4C, 1.5GB ram, Abit IC7, X800XL and a Antec 350W PSU. Could it be that the PSU cannot handle the extra load of the card or is the video card that I got defective?

2. Hackez

Hackez Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    When I had a similar problem on an IC7-G Motherboard it was due to dust, so cleaning out the slot could be a possible solution. Both my RAM Slots and AGP Slots were having issues, I simply removed the memory and cards, used a can of air and put them back in and it worked perfectly. I would also double check that your card is secured properly sometimes they seem tight but can be not entirely seated.

EDIT: Short version is I would dust out your case, motherboard, and the Display Adapter connector on the Graphics Card as well as the cord from the Monitor.

Regards

3. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Could be your 350W psu. Did you plug the power cable into your psu?

4. delphi00

delphi00 Member

GPU:
    ATI X800XL 256MB AGP
    Yes I did, would you recommend that I buy a 430 or 500W?

5. delphi00

delphi00 Member

GPU:
    ATI X800XL 256MB AGP
    anyone?

6. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    I would, i just ordered a x800xl and i have a 500W