Acer 5563

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by newbie2006, Jul 15, 2006.

1. newbie2006

newbie2006 New Member

GPU:
    Abit FX5200
    Aspire 5563NWXMi

-Intel Centrino Duo Mobile technology
    Intel Core Duo Processor T2400 (1.83GHz, 2MB cache, 667MHz FSB)
    Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
    Mobile Intel 945PM Express Chipset
    -Linux OS
    -80GB SATA HDD / 512MB DDR2 RAM (extended power)
    -14.1" WXGA CrystalBrite TFT Color LCD & dual display via Acer GridVista support 1280 x 800 16:10 resolution
    -ATI MOBILITY RADEON x1600 graphics with 128MB decicated memory
    -8X DVD Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
    - 5-in-1 Card Reader
    -Intgrated Bluetooth
    -Acer OrbiCam integrated 1.3 megapixel CMOS camera
    -Magnesium Alloy Casing
    -1-year Limited International Traveler's Warranty

Izzit this laptop is good ?:rolleyes:

2. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    For how much? You will need to buy some more ram.

3. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce 6800GT, OCed
    With a basic Linux 'top, 512MB is okay.

For gaming a full gigabyte is about the bare minimum these days.

BTW, I picked out a very similar Acer for a client the other day. With the way Toshiba's QC is heading, Acer might be at the top of the off-the-shelf PC heap...for now.

4. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
    That would be an excellent laptop. Other similair models to look at and compare prices to are the Asus W3J and the Compal HGL30.

5. newbie2006

newbie2006 New Member

GPU:
    Abit FX5200
    K i coming from malaysia

this laptop model just RM4400 change to USD i think lesser than $1500

Planning to add another 512MB RAM just RM200 = lesser $65 like that

Izzit ok with this spect ?

Pls kindly give some comment thanks

6. Hackez

Hackez Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    That looks like quite a nice setup, I see no problems with it. The price is a tad bit high, but your in Malaysia and not in the US.

7. newbie2006

newbie2006 New Member

GPU:
    Abit FX5200
    With this spect the price still consider expensive ar ? already compare with others brand like Compaq,Dell,Asus... i think with this spect Acer is the most cheap and with good spect

i think USD maybe is $1300 or lesser actual price i donno but u can go to convert the currency.
    Malaysia price is RM4400
    But Acer got many problem...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  8. Hackez

Hackez Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    Acer in general is a pretty decent laptop company, $1300 USD for that rig is pretty sweet. Sorry forgot to convert it to USD, I dont see any problems with that price.

9. sempoi

sempoi Member

tewting

fsgdhvbghsg

10. sempoi

sempoi Member

i'm from Malaysia...
    newbies...i already bought this model acer 5563.....in jun 06....welll my prsonal view... this model is really good and reliable.... since bought until now.... i dont have any prob... i format the hdd and install wxp pro...iand lot of prog...without any prob... everything run smoothly....

faster, no hang issue....internet...everything perfect..some more acer gave me another 2 yrs wrty coverage...i plan to add more ram...

so far acer techsupp also good 1 day i can get the reply oredi...

it lookstylish.. and fulfill my requirment... but one thing....i noticed that this unit afte use for an hr... the palm rest and keyboard(right side) very hot....my fren suggested me to get a cooling pad... welll i'm thinking of buying that..but may be not now....

so far so goodddddddddddd

11. smileyface_84

smileyface_84 New Member

Acer?! I'd Have To Say No..

I also used aspire 5563. i was veryy2 disappointed and regretted buying this laptop. The performance, processing wise was good but it HEATED UP REALLY2 QUICKLY and whut sets me off was the internal FAN WAS BROKEN TWICE in 1 1/2 year! luckily during the first time its was still on guarantee so got tht fixed free of charge. Since it broke again after few months..just as my guarantee ended.:3eyes:.so i can say ACER GUARANTEE SERVICES WAS ABYSMAL!

The crystal brite LCD obviously consumed LOADS OF POWER and causing the heat..not so green friendly!..and to be honest, it's not as 'crystalbright' as glares were all over it!! i had bad experience with ACER as my previous travelmate also causing me trouble ..the touch pad was dysfunctional just 2 months after i bought it and finally broken after 1 1/2 year.

i dunt know if i am the most unlucky person in the world or whut?!! but now i am switching to DELL and very3 happy with the performance. i definately not gonna recommend Acer to anyone i know and to be perfectly honest..all my friends are swithing to HP or DELL nowadays. i dunt usually write in forums and things but ACER REALLY2 FAILED ME! :biggun::bang:

12. [Spitfire]

[Spitfire] Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD2600
    why dig up such an old thread? wtf?