The BF2 Hate thread.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by dcx_badass, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Game sucks, for me playing it was a complete mess. I can't beleive PC Gamer gave it game of the year, but then again that rag is going down hill fast. Anyone read the review of Oblivion in PC Gamer? They said a X1900XTX would play the game smooth, Umm, NOT.

2. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    With what ram and cpu?

3. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    Filefront BF2 d/loads (Maps and Mods found here)

There is a weapons unlock hack out there but as far as I'm aware it only works for the original release version.

4. k4t4n4

k4t4n4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    B
    CS 1.6 ftw!!1: P

5. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    CS? well, i know a few fps that can send CS off it's feet. We've got Prey coming out this month, we've got UT2007 which will roll out at the end of the year, and we've got current games such as FEAR, UT2004, and some other fps that are much better than CS (battlefield 1942 is better than CS, imo)

But sadly, BF2 would've been a good game, if it weren't plagued with all sorts of bugs, overpowered aircrafts, and some minor issues.

6. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    Well i agree with everyone of those points made, i just didnt realise there were so many problems, this needs sending to EA so they can get a look at it, if they are half intrested they might sort some of it out.

The game is now weak, the weapons are weak, the weapons sound weak, the weapons have a random accuracy so its always luck of the draw even with Sniper Rifles its a joke, so you can never get any better with a weapon cos its complelty random wether you hit a target or not.

BF1942 was 10times better than this pile of tat, its just a shame it looks so dated graphics wise or id go back to it permanantly.

Oh and its NOT Dice's fault this was compleltly slashed and ruined by EA!

7. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    they could come up with a new texture pack for BF1942, giving it a whole new look. That way, more people would go back to BF1942

8. KNIFE

KNIFE Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE X800 GTO2 16pipe
    i like the game very much or well at least i did untill i got to 1.2 patch which stoped ranking my stats and havn't had a new gun in months. i have now switched back to 1.12 patch to get some extra weapons not sure why this is might even be related to me using win2000 pro. Only otherthing i can moan about is its apsaluelty boring now flying the apachy with the newer patches as they've taken the missles down to 8. but i guess that was beacuse of people moaning about it having too many missles but for EA to hit the apachy with 2 limitations on the patch that introduced this is abit of a joke. i mean they lowered the armour of the chopper aswell if your gona ballance a game you dont shift from one extreme to the other you make only small changes to help balance the game. Other than that i like the game very much best EA game i think i've played.

9. Luvabud

Luvabud Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    I played the demo for 10 minutes and that was enough for me, na mate CSS here I come and still lovin it

10. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    Originally Posted by dcx_badass & chris2k
    ±RAndom Crashes - maybe its ur computer, never had a problem with this

±Randomly says this server only allows unmodifified content on it-- never had a problem with this, stop screwing with ur files...

±Choppers take ages to start up- thats not a bug.. thats real life.. newb

±choppers handle like whales-- i find the choppers to have good handling, learn how to fly

±planes take about a week to slow down and still feel sluggish-- im not understanding ur problem here, i suck at flying the jets but i dont have the problem of slowing down

±aa sucks totally- i dont use this so i dont care
    ±no soldier launched aa

±server browser has lost refresh button in latest patch- i use a favorites list to join my servers so i dont no about this

±should get all unlocks in SP, in case you can't go on internet- no point in playing this game in single player stop ur whining..

±stat whores- thats not a problem with the game, thats a problem with the community, and whats it matter to u if someone has high rank? i dont pay attention to peoples rank, i just kill em

±server browser randomly emptys and search doesn't work properly- that used to be a problem for me but not anymore i think thats been fixed.. though i use the favorites list a WHOLE lot more now :) no probs there

±no buddy list- AGREE!! how retarded is that!

±no radar on planes- yea that is kinna lame

±crappy snipers - crap zoom aswell- yea i wish there was like a 4x 8x 10x or something, and i sometimes get angry if i am aimed on their head, and it does not hit them hehe

±jeeps and dpv, take damage from a kurb/ small bump there friggin off roaders/dpv's- sometimes yea, it sucks but overall i dont have much an argument with this here i love ridin in them things runnin folks over lol

±tking can't punish half the time, or retards do it on purpose and punish- once again a problem with the community not the game.. people get kicked after 3-5 tks anyways whats the prob ur having?

±no 'real' boats for navy battles- not a bug in the game, they did not design the game to have navy battles..

±can't stand on moving vehicle = death- can u stand on a jeep going 70MPH IRL, once again not a bug..

±ragdolls suck-- who cares..

±patch every few days- overexaggeration.. patches better the game (mostly) why whine about them?

±take ages to log on- never had a problem with this except when the login servers are down.. might be on ur side and not the games, i have several friends i play with and we dont have this problem..

±****ty mod support - bad system- i dont no what that bleeped out word is lol
    ±BF recorder doesn't download the files-- never used bf recorder but from the videos ive seen on the net, maybe its ur lack of knowledge about the recorder..

±GRaphics tbh not that gd compared to some games-- the amount of stuff in this game compared to the games that have super awesome graphics, i could care less.. though i think these graphics are pretty good

± Tank battles are a joke, 4-5 shells wtf??- i guess i can see ur point there, but what are they supposed to be lol? u come up with a way to make them better..

±rocket launcher = uber sniper- i see some people doing this but i can usually get out the way before they get me with the rocket launcher hehe so no probs there

±They make u pay for 3 maps - a joke, 1942 days this was free in patches- i can see ur argument there kinna lame of em

±No bomber type planes- not a bug in the game, just a complaint from ya i myself dont want bombers in the game, i find the bombs from the jets already annoying lol

±Ridiculously small carrier- ummm how big are they supposed to be? they are big enough for jets to take off on them, thats all thats needed.. do u spend lots of time on the carrier, that hints to me that u die a lot..

±SAS voices suck-- i use all english so no comment

±no subs- u already stated this about ur (no navy battles) once again a complaint from u and not a bug in the game, i see no need for subs

±half content never made it in game, M82,lcac, battlehawk, laser designator- not a bug.. ur complaint

±Carrier can't be sunk how ****ty- if the carrier could be sunk.. the usa would have no where to spawn and then you would be complaining about (how gay is this man i cant ever spawn cause they sink the carrier so fast and they win the game easily) stop ur whining dude

±y are chinese on wake? its japanese- same difference?

±maps loads smaller than 1942- i tell u what my biggest complaint is how long these maps take to load that crap is garbage!!!

±bad game modes, no ctf, or objective, dropped supply line mode- would be cool to see some different modes

±why do you through your rocket launcher on the floor wen fired and pull another out your ass- ive never shot one of these rocket launchers in real life so i got no clue why, seems they would be throwing a casing ont he ground maybe, i dont no

±why does plane stop responding at certain height and fly off map, choppers need at rockets eg the TOW-or at least ones that work- fly a jet in real life and ull find out :)

±why does the m1 have one gunner wen it should have 2- maybe there is one in real life that has one? i dunno their reason for that, would be cool to have 2 gunners though

±supposed to be modern wheres my M1A2 with mine clearer- theres plenty of guns that are not in there, ur just looking for more to whine about :)

±can't pick up mines or claymores- i dont no much about these things in real life but i do think u should be able to pick them back up

±bad collision meshes, can't crawl in choppers, or get under a high vehicle?-- wtf do u mean cant crawl into a chopper? lol can u do that in real life? rofl.. wtf? i have gotten under a tank in fact ive ran in the middle of tanks and had them drive right over me lol gives me the shivers!! but its so awesome!

±Zip line pole collision mesh is huge, knocks you off small ledges when placed- this is definitely a bug, GAY!

±Why do wrecks explode?- just an added effect...

±Zombie bug, still not fixed- dunno what this is

±Grenade launcher = no splash damage- yea kinna lame.. its small splash damage.

±2 blocks of C4 to take a vehicle out what crap they using- i use just one, learn where to place

±Bipods on heavy machine gun should improve accuracy- it does

±Why are the heavy classes black - at and hmg, on USMC and rest of team white?- no clue what ur talking about

±No campaign mode- i dont want one :)

±only USMC .vs....., - no China .vs. MEC why?- why not? does it reall matter who it is ur fighting? just something else to complain about.. if they put in every country in the world, it really wouldnt matter.. lol

±Only 1 attack/transport chopper for each army- 2 attack choppers on ..dragon valley i think it is, with transport choppers and additional ones if u have the dock.. but yes i do hate that there isnt a map with like 3 attack choppers for each side, how fun would that be!!!

±only 1 coalition army- once again who cares..

±only 16 player maps on SP, basically no planes in SP- game wasnt made for SP, who cares

±No SP options to choose, only has 8 maps, 1942 = about 30- who cares

±AI slow to react half the time- AI is complete idiots, thats why u dont play it, its an ONLINE GAME!

±at least 7 patches already and only 1 new map- yea they need more new maps

±No binoculars- i could have swore there were binoculars.. i dont use them though wtf i need em for?

±The game is 16+, why am i playing against whiney pre-pubesent 8 year old kids- lol ur playing against urself sir.. "Whiney" pick ur servers wisely, i play on TNT servers, lots of mature players, with all this whining, u may not fit in..

11. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    i really agree with u on how powerful the jets and choppers are man, i mean i get PISSED OFF !!!! alot when i just spawn and am running to a vehicle and BOOM a bomb run.. lol but seriously thats how it is IRL, the jets sweep up the rough stuff and the foot soldiers come in to clean it up so i think its fair..
    i am not the best jet pilot, i get shot down a lot from AA, but i can handle my own in the chopper

12. FNK

FNK Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    Somehow I got banned from BF2 forever because of a Stoopid Punkbuster, because I would have used a Cheat... ok what cheat? There's no F*** cheat in BF2. So I lost the ability to use both BF2 and BF2 SF!!! Im soo pissed!

13. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    lol u guys got some weird problems

14. serious sam

serious sam Member

GPU:
    Asus V9550GE 128mb
    i agree with you all. BF2 sucks!

15. jsv004

jsv004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    I agree on some of those in the list but my only real complaint are the weapons, especially the sniper weapons. I'm preety sure once Quake wars is out it'll make bf2 series obsolete with only dedicated fanboys playing it.

16. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I pretty much hate BF2 but I'm a big fan of the WCC/Hard Justice Mod series. Also, I think the game will ROCK once Point of Existence 2 comes out for it. Look into these if you haven't.

17. Beavis

Beavis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K620
    Funny thread.

Anyway I'll jump on the hate bandwagon:

I played this game and found it to be terribly buggy and it has a hideously power-hungry engine.
    I hate the spawn spam. I'd always spawn then bam, I'd die from an artillery strike, tank, or some camper.
    It also "feels" wierd, just shooting and running around it feels very stiff. Compared to Doom 3 and CSS and all those other FPS' it just feels strange running around.

18. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Unrealistic Phsyics when explosions happen they migh as of well made thing sit still then fly all over the place. You probally experienced the very weird bouncing around in BF1942 as well. Fly a plane and it explodes in the air u fly 300 ft across a canyon hit a wall and walk like nothing happened (did not even have to use parachute)

Unrealistic Ballistics and Armor Data

Just another Arcade FPS

19. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    Well I don't have the game, But as you can see with my Avatar, I hate EA.

EA Hatred all the way.

20. Beavis

Beavis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K620
    What did EA have to do with BF2? I thought they were just publishers. The only games that they develop are Maxis ones - ie Sim City and Sport games.

Edit: Nevermind. Just read the wiki:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.