Soccer Worldcup!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Omeguz, Mar 1, 2006.

1. xFlankerx

xFlankerx Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 6600GT AGP OC'd
    Wow, haha. Well France has been playing excellently in the last 10 or so mins, so I have hope for them in the overtime.

2. bender78

bender78 Member Guru

GPU:
    Club3D Radeon HD3850 256MB
    lol nice career-ender, zidane... kudos to fair play :)

3. Omeguz

Omeguz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 256 MB AGP
    WHAT was Zidane thinking? What an aweful way to finish your international career by HEADBUTTING an opponent after they provoked you.

We don't know what was said between the two, but even if the Italian said something dreadfully insulting to Zidane, there is simply NO excuse for that kind of behavior.

I love Zidane, Zizou is a truly amazing player, but WHY he would chose to finish his career by being sent off for that...I don't know.
    Did you notice how the ref assisstants didn't really know what happened? Especially not the ref!

Penalties it is, without Zidane, Henry, Viera or Ribery...oh god.

4. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    w00t Italy!!

5. CALIGULA

CALIGULA Guest

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    lol all I could think about after that 5th penalty shot is what Caligula is doing right now. GG Italy.

F*cking Zidane!!! WHAT WAS HE THINKING!!!

7. hshagel08

hshagel08 Member Guru

GPU:
    6200 AGP 256mb
    Italy has won

8. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    Yes Hurraz Come One Better Than France!

9. CALIGULA

CALIGULA Guest

i'm actually crying tears all over my face. WOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

ITALY - WORLD CHAMPIONS!

i still cannot believe it. here there's all explosions in the street and stuff.

:bigsmile: ITALIA......ITALIA.......ITALIA!

10. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    LOL better check if the cars not a smoking crater then dude!

11. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Hooray for Italy!

Must be a great night to be Italian :)

Zidane though...WTF DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!

Shame to lower the tone of the whole thing like that...

12. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    He must be suicidal now that they lost the cup as well.

13. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Let's all celebrate for Italy!!

This was the best world cup since ages! Loved the hospitality of the German people. Thanks to Germany for organising such a suberb tournament.

Love you guys! :supercool

14. jsv004

jsv004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    Congratulations to Italy! and what a way to end a career......lol... what is happening to soccer this days.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  15. Omeguz

Omeguz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 256 MB AGP
    Germany did do an excellent job organising. I live in Germany, and we all loved having the tournament to host. Absolutely great!

16. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    Lol that's exactly what I was thinking, going back to the changing room and headbutting the wall to his own death because of the shame. What a dumb move by Zidane, honestly.

17. Omeguz

Omeguz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 256 MB AGP
    Zidane lost his cool. Like I said before, we don't know what could have been said to him. Not that it's an excuse, but it's something to remember.

Anyway, CONGRATULTIONS ITALY! It was a good game. Very tough, both teams played very well and it was (except for an obvious exeption) a nice, fair match.

I think that France WAS the better team over the 120 minutes, though. They seemed to dominate the game a lot and pin Italy down. That being said, Italy had it's moments when they did the same to France. I just regret what happened to Zidane. I really feel bad, he must be feeling absolutely dreadful.

It's tough, you know. You do something and you immediatly regret it. All you can think is "please please let me turn back time 5 seconds!", but you can't. I think we've all felt that way, I know I have. Zidane just lost it and though I condemn what he did as unsportsmanlike conduct, I do feel very bad for him. He WAS one of the best players the world has seen.

18. Hyper_activeman

Hyper_activeman Master Guru

GPU:
    X1950XT
  19. xFlankerx

xFlankerx Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 6600GT AGP OC'd
    I totally agree, that was sick of him to do that. Not at that part of the game, and not in HIS LAST GAME. OH MY GOD.

I'm happy for the Italians though, I really like their team now. Good show. :)

20. winny

winny Active Member

GPU:
    OCS (Fat Agnus, Denise, Paula)
    Forza Italia!!! :))))