Editing Protected System Files

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Jeremy, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    a

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  2. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    If your having corrupted graphics, then you have a hardware problem you need to get fixed, not software.

Especially if it's a 6600GT, it's not like a uncommon card no one has ever seen.

3. bakuryu

bakuryu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600LE @ 430/490
    So you mean in Windows XP SP1 you get no problems ?

What drivers you are using ?

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    Hi,

It works perfectly with XP sp1. As soon as I install the chipset drivers or upgrade to SP2 the corruption occurs. I also get this problem with another graphics card I tried. So I have eliminated all hardware issues. I sent it into be fixed (the motherboard) and they couldn't find a problem with their hardware. I have no idea what the hell is wrong. How can theres work and my two graphics cards cannot. Either they didn't test it at all and were lying or there is something really f****d up. I havn't tried a ATI card, could it be a problem with nvidia? Anyway I thought the problem might be with the agp440.sys file because if I disable the agp440 service in Windows XP sp2 the corruption stops but then I cannot install my Graphics card and play no games.:bolt:

Thanks,

Jeremy

5. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Only thing I can think of is BIOS options with ummm, Fastwrite or whatever it was.

That, make sure all the drivers are WHQL, test your RAM individually with Memtest86+ as well.

Could be faulty ram.

6. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Super OC 12GB
    The term "upgrade to SP2" is a nail on a chalkboard. Just the idea of someone doing that makes my spine shudder in fear...!! Updating to any service pack from MS, or even an OS from one to another....wreaks havoc. It brings up issues only solvable when installing the OS fresh with the service pack intergrated into the CD. Or in case of the OS itself, a clean fresh installation. Trust us when we say, take the word "upgrade" from MS, and handle it as you would an unstable nuclear bomb.

SP2 is best used intergrated. Installing XPSP2 to begin with, then your chipset/video/sound drivers provide better stability than installing all your drivers then upgrading to SP2 by itself as the upgrade will change system files regardless of any other software that uses them.

7. //Josh

//Josh Member Guru

Download a program called 'Unlocker'. When you find the download, if you read up on it there, you'll know what it is and how to use it.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    Hi,

The problem has been sold. I took the motherboard in for warrenty and they said they found the problem and Gigabyte are sending me a new motherboard. They said it's the first time they have seen this problem occur. Thanks for the help,

Jeremy