...some people like to play games at 60fps and some prefer to play at 10-30fps...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by sniperbr0, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. if anything dude, you are only illustrating my point further. You call 11 fps playable? OK have fun with your slide show.........and all settings do not appear to be "on"

you dug your own hole...I now leave you to fall in it........

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2006
  2. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    WHo cares? Let this die............

3. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    roflmao 13 FPS HAHHAAAAAAAAAAA Haaaa and why is he playing @ that Res Lol
    omg 13 fps thats like watching power point

4. The Fallen

The Fallen Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB
    I think this thread should be locked, as it is already a flamebait

5. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    quad sli8800GTX @826/2900 :) (H2o)
    craptacularone I think those pics he was showing were from yo momma's house...:chainsaw:
    my mom VS your mom

6. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    anything below 24fps isnt good for gaming. 11 fps id rather play gameboy... the old one..

Cream Spinach color screen

7. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    [​IMG]

this game runs 11 fps with AAsli 24X AF 55x 2049x 1920

8. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    To each his own I suppose BUT seriously dude - how can you play @11FPS in a FPS/TPS game? You must be an expert at second guessing the AI so you can predict where an enemy will be when your screen finally refreshes! Why not drop your resolution down on some of those titles and get something that approaches fluid movement rather than putting up with what must be a poor experience in the game. I know you have nVidia and TRL gives that lovely intro stating "The way it's mean to be played™" but I can assure you, you're not!

I just started playing TRL @1600x1200 (using next gen settings) on my listed rig and find it chugging every once in a while. You must be patient!

9. Nishchal Sharma

Nishchal Sharma Master Guru

GPU:
    inno3d geforce (2X7800GT)
    yeah...I remeber the time I used to play doom3 in a fx 5200...on 640X480 on medium detail with shadows off.....
    When you get used to a lower resolution....seriously you didn't even see those zagged edges..........I finidhed that game twice on that 5200..LOL

But things are different now........

But you are right......30FPS is what a gamer needs.....thats why I never OC my card......For I cant recognise the FPS difference between 35 FPS and 85FPS.....

It only shows when you drop below 20FPS.....;)

10. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    It only shows when you drop below 20FPS.....

hence the reason i do OC lol

11. JimmyFox

JimmyFox Master Guru

GPU:
    2x ATi Radeon HD4830 CF
    sniperbr0 dude, 10~15fps is NOT playable. End of story.

12. Gubb

Gubb Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX260 c216
    I played through much of Half-Life 2 at ~17fps. Also, that was with my native resolution of 1280x1024. I had to tweak my system hard though and I did have to turn settings down a bit :(.

13. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    i will say this on soem games 20 fps is not kerky ... look at oblivion for example ... when that slows to a crawl on my system and i look at FRAPS i swear that it is running faster than it is because the motion is less compromised by the fps as it is the stuttering in some games....

14. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    why isnt anyone questioning the fact where a guy who can barely afford a 6600 and runs a p4 2.4 gets the money for a display that does that reso :|

anywho, 15 FPS is NOT playable, maybe in a turn based RPG or something, but not in any FPS

if you think you can play normally with sub 30 FPS, set up a Q4 or UT2004 server, and a bunch of us are gonna show what kind of disadvantage those 15 fps give you

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

a few things:

1.) nobody prefers to play games at 10-15fps... Everyone would like to play @ smooth 60+ if they could.

2.) in another thread u made a dick out of yourself stating, that u play all the games maxed out @ 1600x1200... Well, thanks for telling us now, that it's @ 10-15fps

3.)People moan about low fps in games because they spent a lot of money on their hardware and it pisses them off to see the games run rubbish... I went from 6600gt to 7800gt to 7900gt + plus I got extra gig of ram and a new hardrive to play Oblivion smoothly... When it came out and ran like crap on my pc, I wasn't happy. Why should I not have had a moan??? I spent over £300 on upgrades to play a £30 game, and it runs like crap!!!!!!

just my thoughts.

16. JimmyFox

JimmyFox Master Guru

GPU:
    2x ATi Radeon HD4830 CF
    Many CRTs can handle this resolution. And they are not that expensive. Plus, he could have bought it used, or refurbished.

17. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Lemme give you a example :)
    I play Quake 4, which is a very competitive game :) And it's very fast paced :)
    I really WANT 63fps constant *63fps is the max*. If I havn't got 63fps constant my skills are alot badder :) That's why pro gamers are always playing at the lowest detail possible :)

18. nout

nout Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek A400 TDH (Geforce 6800) 128
    @sniperbr0: if you can really play your games @ 10-15 fps i gotta congratulate you. however, you're the only one i know being able to do so.

@all: just accept that he is satisfied with his gaming experience, or is it worth such a discussion?

19. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    Why are you playing tomb raider at that res ?
    Are you crazy turn down the res dude seriously and feel how much smoother it would be

20. DarkValder

DarkValder Member Guru

GPU:
    7950gx2 1gb
    sniperbr0 is right,he can play any game with any resolution he wants.
    happy or not is the probl of each people.
    And i never lauuch at other people becoz they have FX5200 and play Quake4,FEAR,TRL...
    So we should stop thi thread.No more comment plz!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.