Bliss7800GS+ Problem with TV Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Epipsychidion, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Epipsychidion

Epipsychidion Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ 512Mb
    Hi all, and thanks for the help in advance. Recently upgraded to this awesome card, but for the past week or so the TV out has only been displaying in black and white. Before this time I had no hassles viewing in colour on my TV (v old TV and VCR combo).

I was just wondering if anyone out there might be able to help me get colour TV out again, whether it's my card, or maybe the VCR/TV finally giving up the ghost. Once again, thanks for your help!

2. SolarisXD

SolarisXD Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512mb
    I'm not 100% sure since i don't use the tv out since i use a hdmi connection to connect to my tv, but it sounds like you have the card set up to run in NTSC mode of at 60hz. You should be able to change this in the driver options.

3. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Yep, either you have your card in NTSC mode or you are using the wrong output format for your cabling (S-Video instead of Composite or vice versa).

4. JeffDC

JeffDC Member

GPU:
    Gainward 7800GS+ 512MB
    Speaking of the 7800GS+, I'm in the U.S. (NTSC) and just ordered one of these cards from OcUK. Will I have any problems with the video out (or DVD playback) from this card, or is the video format a simple driver option?

5. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    should be simple driver option as i can set do i got pal or ntsc for my 7800 from drivers

6. Epipsychidion

Epipsychidion Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ 512Mb
    I'm still having probs with mine. Have changed every possible setting I can and still nothing. I'm hoping that it's my crappy old VCR, and not my card. I suppose it cuold be cabling, so I shall have to check that out.