ForceWare 91.31 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peitro, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    Are they really 1-3% faster? Because the only bug I had was the SLI Balloon no BSOD on TM Nations and Oblivion and everything seemed normal but 84.56 seem more reliable and maybe faster but playing Oblivion 91.31 are faster but stutter sometimes while 84.56 is more constant I believe and well probably 91.31 x32 is better than 91.31 x64 because they are more used to make x32 Drivers (me thinking =P)

2. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    In all the tests i did it ran faster...these are the tests i ran

Aquamark3
    3dmark03,05,06
    CSS Stress Test
    BF2

3. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    i lost about 30 marks in 05 and bout 1-2 fps in fear , but the 91.31's gave me some dodgy looking windows in oblivion look at my thread "having some problems" so i went back to the 84.21's and im now waiting for the official nvidia release

4. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    My eyes!

I just exited Americas Army, now I can't see and think I will be blind for the rest of my normal life.

When I booted into a game instead of the nice transparent gray fog that there usually is I got white thick smoke right in my face, I couldn't see past my gun it was that bright.

Tried fooling around forever and nothing works... Well at least they fixed the part about the 91.28 drivers crashing on exiting any game.

5. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    look like the 7900 cards are having problems.

6. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    And this was compared to which set BTW??

But well I will not risk this drivers 91.31 WHQL are the same as the NON-WHQL right?? So if I did not like the first one I will not like the newer ones isn't it??

7. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB

well in the tests i ran ., its ever so slightly faster than the 84.21's , but not that much at-all

OFF-TOPIC: 666 posts ha , ur all goin to die lol

8. nforced4good

nforced4good Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GTX
    negative, any driver can get past WHQL as long as MS word runs properly lol.

both drivers are exactly the same in filesizes and file contents comparing.

the only file modified is the .cat file which contains the whql cert.

its most likely that the beta driver didn't install properly.

9. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    WHQL Means to me, the driver has been test out by microsoft and it has no major bug only small ones. but the beta with out the WHQL for me it means Watch out alot of bugs coming out lol. the last driver i download which was a beta was 84.56 WHQL and it was very very nice. the other beta i did not like because my system was bad with them. i guess my computer is like its owner, it like top of the line software, not low end software mod drivers and so on.

10. nforced4good

nforced4good Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GTX
    thats all fine and dandy,. but we have all seen and know that alot of severly buggy drivers have gotten past WHQL, which says to me that the quality testing isn't really that extensive.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    re WHQL vs non-WHQL.... the drivers may be the exact same as the non-WHQL with NO changes whatsoever. It just means that Microsoft tested them and gave them a certificate. When the non-WHQL 91.31's were released, they may have still been under testing by MS. So it doesnt mean that the WHQL drivers have become 'better' or necessarily fixed things.

However you may find some things 'fixed' or bugs 'resolved', but that doesnt necessarily mean it was because they were WHQL'd. Hell, I've had some issues resolved just by re-installing the same drivers!

12. nforced4good

nforced4good Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GTX
    exactly.

13. Insomniac73

Insomniac73 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    For those of you getting a BSOD during DVD playback in PowerDVD... disable this option.

I had the same issue, after I disabled it all is fine

Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  14. nforced4good

nforced4good Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GTX
    negative Insomniac,

first click advanced and enable hardware interweaving.

then apply it, ok it, then disable it, otherwise you'll find alot of movies appear interlaced.

btw, if you play a dvd, such as FF7-AC, is there a black bar on the right side of the screen.

15. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB

Well 84.56 aren't BETA they were launched to Manufacturers and EVGA liked them and made them Official for their cards they aren't Official but they ain't better either in my opinion and they are the best drivers I have ever had for x64 in stability and good performance :p

16. stitch

stitch Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970
    huh? isnt purevideo only for DVD and MPEG2 stuff?! that MGS4 Trailer is in WMV and/or MOV format...

17. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Working good here no change in anything that I can discern though.

18. Signal64

Signal64 New Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    LoL... Yea... but especially annoying when you have an AGP 7800GS and keep getting that message.

Reported fix of switching to classic control panel didn't solve it either.

There's gotta be an Nvidia Reg Tweak to turn off or disable the SLI Check.

I'd use the offical 84.25 for WinXP 64 except they don't support the 7800GS.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  19. nforced4good

nforced4good Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GTX
    disable the multip gpu page.

20. nomunk

nomunk Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680
    well I don't get the redish blurred video playback in WMV anymore with the 91.31 whql which I was getting in the last two sets 91.28 and 91.31 beta's